User Tag List

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to watch the granddaughters from 4.15 til 6.00 p.m today .My son made potatoe ,bacon soup in his insta pot -boy it was yummy .

I just got in my p,js at home and i am sneezing -i think i am coming down with a cold .Maybe because i just finished meds last week and my immune system was down .So having a ginger tea .

Oh i got lovely lunch bags in the mail today from cherrios 25 of them with stickers ,and the other day i sent for a free scarf online from my family size cherrios .
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The teacher that I’m filling in for is on medical leave, so I’m creating everything myself. I spent a lot of time marking today…including a bunch of things from before I took over that class. I also reached out to members of our local Metis society because I am trying to arrange an elder guest speaker for another one of my classes. I didn’t get as much done today as I had hoped.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 29th, 2021 at 04:12 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Monday was a chance to watch two cooking shows on Radio-Canada and then watch a 1998 movie on DVD. Too much rain and wind to do anything outside except toss garbage out and take garbage & recycling containers to the curb.

Feel sandbagged to see a construction notice letter from City (this dept got the letter right with contact names/numbers and what's being done) but it's dated from Friday and was in the mailbox Monday. One day is not sufficient notice for a two-month project with no advance notice (a week would have helped). I've left messages because the silo mindset is very apparent. Some details seems to have been forgotten from past construction works that had advance notices but little things were addressed when I made the entities aware they forgot something.

Last year at this time, there was a contractor for Bell cutting local trees back from Bell wires (5G work/Internet). So much raking/sawing/bagging of cut wood for curbside pickup. Plus I fixed holes in ground. I knew that contractor was not going to get the tree service to chip/haul away the wood. I felt swamped but at least I did not wait too long to get the task done.

Given my health issue, I am not ready to just let things roll out without some pushback this year.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontarians-I'm learning on Twitter certain tests and services that were covered under OHIP have been quietly cut. Surgeries now have a block fee, which is payment for anaesthesia. Labs can bill you after you get some lab tests. Ask first before you consent to any service or pay $$. These things need disclosure. I'm certain the Ontario Gazette has publication of changes but I've not seen media coverage of healthcare cuts to OHIP. Someone indicated yearly checkups are not covered.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had this been verified or just random fake news on Twitter. There have always been charges for certain blood tests and other things. That is not new. I would take this with a pound of salt if not verified in at least two other official locations. Twitter has its fake news sources and this could be one of them. People love to get on the band wagon if the story hits a nerve with them.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Another bad night of sleep, not sure what is up but the last 2 nights I have woken up at random times and cannot get back to sleep, grrrr. It makes getting up in the morning a little rough.

I decided to redo my schedule for this week and switch from in Branch Training to Zoom Training. I am worried my body cannot handle the long drives right now and what do I do if I am half way into my drive and in serious pain? I could turn around but then I would still need to drive home. Just feel this is a better option for me right now.

Although today is Tuesday, I am resetting today. Yesterday was a bit rough but today I am going to get back on track. I have back to back training sessions, I have written my work to-do-list, I do have a few house things I would like to get done but we will see how I feel when work is over. Right now stairs are still difficult and by the end of the day I am sore and tired. It is getting better but I do not want to push too hard so if I cannot do the house stuff so be it, I will get to it when I can.

No ideas on dinner tonight yet, thinking maybe a slow cooker meal I can put together in between training sessions, keep it simple. Mom said yesterday she wanted to roast a chicken but I do not think that will happen as she needs to go out run some errands today, normally I would do it for her but I can't this time.

Have a great Tuesday everyone
    Ciel21 likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning i feel i had a pretty good sleep ,rubbed watkins medicated ointment (i find it works better than vicks ) on my chest .

Working on a new puzzle an irish godess type one .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Making Chicken Tetrazini for dinner and needed tomatoes and mushrooms so went to RCSS quick(price matched both items!)
    Getting everything ready and then its quick to toss it all in fry pan and heat/mix up together when we are ready to eat.m
    DS works at 5 so will make his for him before he goes to work.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Oct 26th, 2021 at 12:01 PM.
    ROMEO, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Such a beautiful day. 15 degrees

Was walking across a parking lot and bumped into a group of cops taking a break. It reminded me of a scene from Reservoir Dogs, where Tim Roth walks into a restroom carrying a bag of cocaine and there were a group of deputies already there.

Well, I wasn't carrying drugs, but I walked into a nearby McD and bought them a half-dozen doughnuts, as a token of appreciation. It may be a bit cliche, but they valued the thought. Best $5 spent this week.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a beautiful day!

Have laundry on the go. Dropping DS off at work for 5 and then picking up my bestie to go out for dinner and chat.

Will have some lunch soon and then go for a walk to enjoy the sunshine!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a bit of a day for me.

I woke up feeling pretty good, I feel like I am healing well still a little sore and my one left still hurts but considering the bruise I know why. But yesterday was a busy work day, I had back to back training sessions and a lot of my own computer work to get done. My training session all went long so I was not able to get up and move around and I felt it. When my day was done I was super sore.

I had to go out last night after work as our Kettle died yesterday and I am not going caffeine free. Found one on sale at Canadian Tire for $21.99, I think it takes a little longer to boil but all good.

I still need to grocery shop but it was cold and raining last night and since I was not feeling my best, I did not want to shop last night. I am looking at next week's flyers to see if I need to go out tonight after work or if it can wait until next week's flyers.

I am thinking Pasta for dinner tonight, I cannot decide between French Onion Pasta Bake (or as some on here dubbed it adult mac & cheese) or Instant Pot Lasagna. It will probably depend on if I go grocery shopping.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    coupon girl, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For everyone in Ontario and has a No Frills close by, 10 lb bags of Potatoes are on sale for $1 for PC Optimum Members
    Skippy, lilo0003, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    For everyone in Ontario and has a No Frills close by, 10 lb bags of Potatoes are on sale for $1 for PC Optimum Members
    Thanks for the heads up! In my area it starts tomorrow.
    Praying for your continued healing!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@GoodBoy Mom told me her friend (who regularly has lab testing done) had a $13 bill for her last lab test recently. Not sure if it's a special one or something routine for her health concerns. Will keep your request for 2 sources in mind to see if I find them. Think the cuts must be where the government has found money for next Fall's promised revamped inspector program.

It's Oct. 27 and I am dealing with a billing matter I had hoped would have been resolved by now. Took to Twitter and let's see how it plays out. I did call customer service and spoke to someone. I did hang up after an extended hold. I got an e-mail saying I did not have 2 sides (each side appears under a different dept heading on my invoice, likely giving impression I only purchased one side-suggesting staff did not realize which food items qualified for the kit deals) to my turkey order. I won't be using their online service again. Still will visit their local store--time to let go of the loyalty card, though. The tart cherry apple cider sold there remains a beverage favourite.

Had a call from overseas aunt. She seems in need of face time with Mom aka video calling. Sigh, this issue won't go away.

I have to give the flyers a glance to decide what to buy now and what to wait on for tomorrow. A grocery list needs whittling down soon. Also a couple of small gift items for an upcoming occasion are needed (and am pleased I have gift bags or wrap plus card already).

Have decided to pass on Happy For gift card offer at Fortinos. $100 is too big a commitment for me right now on a card that I can use at 4 of the stores I want. $50 gc offer would have been the sweet deal I would have purchased.

Autumn colour report-a couple of trees are half-way through colour changes. Some trees remain mostly green/brown still. Spots of bright colours here and there on certain maple trees. Wonder if Mom would be willing to do a drive to see more fall colours?

How is this week's McDonald's Coast to Coast contest instant win or big prize win count going?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Value Village Super Savers-today is the first day of Double Flexpoints Days. On now until Oct. 31.
    Earn 2 points for every $1 spent in-store.
    (Just wished that the chain kept the card system so customers would not have to recite phone numbers at cash checkouts.)
    coupon girl and walkonby like this.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information