User Tag List

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone, I am getting better and am trying to take it easy which is not easy for me. With that being said back at it today, got a call later yesterday afternoon that needed to cover a manager for the morning today. I have no driven other than the day I fell and let me tell you, it still hurts a little to drive but I am here.

I am totally with @Giseledta I totally felt like yesterday was Friday which sucks especially since I have to work this weekend.

Not sure my plan for today is going to work, since I am covering a manager but they would be back mid day, I was going to grocery shop my way home but now it looks like another staff member is leaving so I may need to stay. Not sure I can do a whole day in the office and grocery shop afterwards. Grrr, now I am not sure what I will do as I also have to work this weekend so I am not sure where I fit in grocery shopping.

I can admit it slightly feeling overwhelmed right now and today is quickly adding up to be one of those days where I have an identity crisis. I am used to be being 2 people in a day at work but today I am 3 and I have found 3 gets a little sketchy to keep on top of everything. Yep, the emails started early today and I am being pulled in multiple directions, it is going to be a fun day. Deep Breathes, I got this.

Happy Friday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh dear, well hello to all 3 of you then @SassyAshley . Getting back in the saddle ( your vehicle and driving ) is what you had to do, sorry for the demands that are placed on you. As you say....just take deep breaths.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks, it is going to be one of those days but not the first or last time it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh dear, well hello to all 3 of you then @SassyAshley . Getting back in the saddle ( your vehicle and driving ) is what you had to do, sorry for the demands that are placed on you. As you say....just take deep breaths.
    Giseledta, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So windy last night, my little Korean rescue dog was so scared and refused to do his business outside. After four attempts outside he finally went to the bathroom. It will be three months on Nov 8th, but its taking the poor dog so long to get comfortable. I suspect abuse in Korea as he is 4 years old and was supposed to be put down. He is the sweetest dog, so I don't understand why. He gets along with my cats and is so quiet, I refer to him as my fourth cat. My goal is to get him out for walks each day, but he is scared of the outdoors. I suspect he was an indoor dog with limited outdoor access :-(

Received a Food Basics gift card, so will be shopping there this weekend. I have been impressed with their prices. Unfortunately I need to shop at three stores to get all my groceries, as some of my fav products have been discontinued which I find very annoying. The worse is low calorie cranberry drinks being replaced with diet. So gross, I never like to waste stuff but diet crangrape was terrible in my opinion. That went down the sink asap.

On a different note, I am thinking of getting a whole house water filtration system. Does anyone have any suggestions? I put one in on my kitchen tap (GE) only to be discontinued a year later by GE....grrrr. The after market replacement filters just are not the same and don't filter out things like lead, etc. Nervous to buy something incase it gets discontinued.....

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sometimes early mornings suit me. I've already got more than usual accomplished for this time of day and my brain is actually functioning on here unlike sometimes!
    Sorry to hear of your continued difficulties @SassyAshley we're all here rooting for you! Hopefully you can pace yourself despite all the demands.
    DW day off this week is today so I got up early to feed his majesty. After I was set for the day, managed to walk to No Frills as I scored reduced dead beast last week and wondered if this was the "right" day of the week for that. Like many things it wasn't and so timing is everything. Did price match Halloween eats and scored a free box of cookies that I like, as I was one of the first 100 customers(heads up valid thru 31st).
    Speaking to a friend yesterday,who noticed the new trend at No Frills of needing to buy more things in multiples in order to get the lowest price. Doesn't work for a single person like him and many others. I've also noticed their everyday prices creeping up too! (It all adds up in the end). Meat on sale is also becoming less and less. That all said, I have food on my table and a roof over my head so I am blessed!
    Have a great weekend everyone and if you're driving Sunday night watch out for the kids and big lugs!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is officially going to be one of those days where I just have to laugh. I am now officially 4 people, someone else left and I am also their backup.

My goal for today, still know my own name by the end of the day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Productive day off so far...sorta!

Dropped DS off. Came home and thought I would go back to bed but nope so had a shower and got dressed for the day.
    Had a $10 porch pick up (sold a puffy winter vest that I haven't worn in years)
    Dropped off stuff to donation box.
    Went to RCSS to get cheese deal. My PC points finally are over $500! ($507 now)
    Waiting to pick up DS at 130 then heading to my sister's to go to some bakery with her and my niece once she is home from school.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i got our flu shots ,the pharmasist at shoppers said more are calling to get it this year .

Off to get the girls from their school bus at 3.40 ,i am making a special little halloween bag up just for them .
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The worse is low calorie cranberry drinks being replaced with diet. So gross, I never like to waste stuff but diet crangrape was terrible in my opinion. That went down the sink asap.
    For future reference, I have heard that carbonated soft drinks can help clean toilet bowls.

I agree about the discontinuation of filters or other necessary replacements parts; just like computers. Sadly, they are made to be thrown out and replacement parts are difficult to get, after six months.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Today is officially going to be one of those days where I just have to laugh. I am now officially 4 people, someone else left and I am also their backup.

My goal for today, still know my own name by the end of the day
    ha ha !! @SassyAshley I think your new name will be Sybil. Hang in there!!

( hoping the reference is not lost on anyone too young to recall the role Sally Field played as the woman with multiple personalities )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so tired this week TGIF is all I can say for now
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont know what i will do with my trading coupons...no offers...nobody is interessted...
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I dont know what i will do with my trading coupons...no offers...nobody is interessted...
    @cath007 maybe what you are asking for no one has.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m happy that I made it to another weekend. School provided some supports recently that are helping my students. Less planning and marking for me this weekend. I have enough to keep me busy, but more family time this weekend. I’m booked to continue teaching for this teacher until November 8.

I picked up 2 large trays of lean ground beef for a reasonable price. I want to prep some meatballs for the freezer.

We do not want our children trick or treating, so I bought extra candy for home. It is worth it to me to try to keep them safe. We’ll still put a bowl of candy outside for kids to pick their own treats.

I’m working on some meal prep for the next week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 12:20 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wind and rain have been a tag team most of the afternoon, through the night and now overnight. Where will all that water go?

No refund on Visa card (checked), no mall trip. Did have tea, some light breakfast. HBC sent another credit card promo offer to me (algorithm must have noticed I made some online orders as guest despite a locked HBC rewards account) and advance notice that credit card holders get 20% off the first weekend in November. Surprised to see unaddressed Sephora holiday gift guide in the mail. I love the art/style of the backgrounds used in the photos so I clipped out the stylized flowers from the covers (future montage!) and two pages of products I may wish to see at the mall.

Two loads of laundry were washed, dried and put away (or hung if still a little damp). Our weekly paper bundle arrived last night and someone brought it in to dry on indoor mat.

When I reached for the small ketchup bottle to put some condiment on my burger buns, I noticed how light it seemed despite a refill this week. Bro likes using ketchup but he does not think to refill anything. I even asked him. It's our version of George Carlin's sketch about a milk carton with only that much left in it that gets put back into the fridge.

ABBA fan news-spotted on Zoomer's website: the group will release its final album on November 5 and then retire from music for good.
    https://www.everythingzoomer.com/art...omeback-album/

Maybe we can all get into 1970s attire and party like it's ABBA week for the second week of November!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information