User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By endi2000
  • 1 Post By endi2000

Thread: Rexall points/seniors discount shopping advice

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been out of the loop with Rexall and their new points program.

I'm looking for advice and guidance on strategizing a $50 spend with a gift card I rec'd. I qualify for their 20% seniors discount on Tuesdays but am I better off waiting for a promo offer? I seem to remember them not including basics like milk and bread as eligible for their seniors discount.

Any wisdom is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I've been out of the loop with Rexall and their new points program.

I'm looking for advice and guidance on strategizing a $50 spend with a gift card I rec'd. I qualify for their 20% seniors discount on Tuesdays but am I better off waiting for a promo offer? I seem to remember them not including basics like milk and bread as eligible for their seniors discount.

Any wisdom is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I’m not all that certain about their discounts - I find them rather confusing, and each store seems to have different views on how to apply their discounts.

What I do know is that when their buy one get one vitamin sale shows up - I am there with bells on BUT - i find their senior discount is Very limited. It rarely, if ever, applies to ANY sale product - and their sales have a long list of exclusions.

I have called them in the past to clarify some things (also because their app and I are never on the same page) and do find them helpful.

I’d be tempted to head in one day when they have a promo on (eg spend $30 - get xx,xxx points). If that hits a senior day - then you should be able to double dip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by endi2000; Tue, Nov 30th, 2021 at 08:14 PM.
    crafter likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

and here we go.

Some exclusions apply. Advantage 55+ discount applies to our regular priced items and excludes sale items, prescriptions, products with codeine, Insulin, Gift Cards, lottery, postal services, transit tickets, baby formula & diapers, prepaid phone cards, newspapers, cigarettes (where applicable), cheese, eggs, fresh milk & bread and photofinishing. See in stores for more information.

crafter likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    and here we go.

Some exclusions apply. Advantage 55+ discount applies to our regular priced items and excludes sale items, prescriptions, products with codeine, Insulin, Gift Cards, lottery, postal services, transit tickets, baby formula & diapers, prepaid phone cards, newspapers, cigarettes (where applicable), cheese, eggs, fresh milk & bread and photofinishing. See in stores for more information.

Thanks for your input and follow up. I did use my gift card on a seniors day and managed to earn bonus points. I knew about sale items and milk/bread not being eligible for discount. Drat they're even stingy on the cheese.

At least they offer 20% off the M&M products they have in a freezer section for seniors day.. that's one positive. Overall, it seems that SDM is the better choice for seniors discounts especially with bonus point or gift card offers.

Thread Information