User Tag List

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Local Black Friday sales
    Coop buy $50gc get $25 store voucher that doesn’t expire. I bought the max amount of gift cards for this promotion, then I picked up a few sale items and used a store voucher.
    Salvation Army $1 clothing sale. I bought 21 items, including one pair of dress pants and a pair of jeans for me. I’ve been looking for months. I also bought 3 kids story books, 1 activity book, 1 kids cook book. I also bought a black wooden knife block. I’m quite happy with my deals.

I came home to eat a late lunch and then I’ll head out again. WM and Sobeys are on my list.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Purdee and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Busy but good day.

Pantry is almost done. Last thing I need to do is organize our spices and I have some things set off to the side I want Mom to look at and decide if we should keep or donate. There isn't much just a handful of items.

Bonus, I found a bag of Dry Chickpeas. One or two of the recipes I want to make for Christmas are Roasted Chickpeas so that is one thing off the list I do not need to buy.

This afternoon we tackled out Costco shop.

We had 3 packages of Chicken Breasts, all the tenders have been pulled off and frozen separately. One whole package was frozen whole, 4 Chicken Breasts were put in the Instant Pot and Shredded (Got 5 Bags), the rest were cut into chunks.

I grabbed a 4 pack of Ground Turkey, 2 have been cooked so they can be dump into the slow cooker or instant (got 5 bags), the other two packages were broken in half and frozen raw for later use.

Still need to deal with the bread but that is a task for tomorrow.

Took out the garbage because it had raw meat packaging. Wanted to get it out tonight as they are calling for Snow Squalls tonight.

Laundry is done and folded, just need to put it away.

Tonight's dinner is Chicken in Mushroom Sauce (Mushroom Soup) over Rice. I know not the healthiest meal, it is a comfort meal but we do not make it often since Campbell's changed their soup, the old version was better. But we have a some cans that are expiring and need to use them up.

Sent family a message to see if there were any requests for Christmas, so far only sis has responded and requested Cream Cheese Cookies.

Plan for tonight, finalize Christmas lists, relax and maybe some Netflix. The rest of the to-do-list can wait for tomorrow.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Crafter-I am just travelling to South Africa-one country only-will see what March brings.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did groceries today for a change, 6 pack of romaine lettuce was $5.99 so lots of salads in my future. I also told advantage of the 10 pound bags of onions, carrots and sweet potatoes. It’s so much cheaper this way so I will just plan to include these in future meals.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sat, Nov 27th, 2021 at 12:23 AM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

long but good day today.
    I am hoping, fingers crossed to get a bit of time and maybe bake 2 batches of cookies.
    plan for tomorrow.. is to get housework done, i have a tiny bit of local shopping to do .. might do it on Sunday.

hopefully i find a bit of energy..... i suspect i have a sinus infection building.. hoping to head that off.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta hope you feel better
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and trying to get the day started but feeling a little tired today.

First thing first, I want to see if I can get pantry done. I really should have finished it yesterday but such is life, needed to deal with the Costco Haul.

I need to tidy up my freezers, stuff is in the wrong freezers right now. I found they best way to keep thing organized is to freeze everything flat so it can be stacked and doesn't stick to each other. So I have stuff on cookie sheets in various freezers but needs to be sorted into the correct bins.

I came up with a Meal Plan last night, now I need to spend some time in the kitchen getting some prep done.

Lots to get done but hopefully I can knock it out and get it done.

Happy Saturday Everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yippee, the Pantry is done *insert happy dance*

It is not perfect because there is one set of shelves we have not moved back in but I am happy with what I was able to do. There are a few things that will get moved as space allows. But I have a full functioning Pantry again.

Also, I would love to get rid of the bins we keep food in because of the mice, so far there is no evidence of mice in the basement but since we caught some upstairs I am hesitant. As well without the third set of shelving I cannot make it all fit, so it what it is. Maybe after the fix the drywall I will be able to empty and get rid of the bins.

I think I will spend some time in the kitchen before I start working on the freezers. I am not looking forward to doing the freezers, I already dread the freezers but will get it done.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

its official .. the kids gave me thier icky noses... not cool guys... well they say sharing is caring. ..lol

not sure exactly what i am going to get done today.
    definatly going to be a low key day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So much for the snow warnings-second time and only the random sprinkle of powder snow. I did see curly flakes of snow before 2 am when two vehicles stopped in the area and slammed doors on and off.

Got one load of laundry washed and into dryer, had my morning cup of milky tea, showered and got out the door at 9:15 am. Got a few needed items (TEA) at Food Basics, shipped a gift box (cost of delivery has gone up!), and bought a few things at Shoppers. Have to see if I can get first aid items at Fortinos and one food item (Clementines on sale) before heading home.

Might try to get more raking done. Tomorrow looks to be a definite snow day. I probably should get some bagging done. The St. Hubert's pot pie in freezer will be today's lunch/dinner. If I feel up to it, I'll get a pan of roasted potatoes into the oven after the pie is done cooking.

Shredded my McDonald's Monopoly game card. At least my sibling found one show he likes on Paramount +. I gave him a week to watch on the tv (no need to register the set like Prime Video made me do) before I sign out of the app on the tv. I reminded him to redeem his Monopoly food/bev prizes-time's almost up and it's Nov. 27 already!

There will be more teas today-guaranteed! A bit of sunshine and blue sky are appearing now-YAY.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Happy dance for your long weekend! It's amazing how it's going your way! HURRAH
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta Hope you have some favourite teas to ease the commisery of what you know you have this weekend (hugs and mugs )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m just about done Christmas shopping. Every child has a couple of gifts. We also bought some family/share presents.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good afternoon! I'm having a good but unplanned day.

My day started with my dog not wanting to go for a walk after doing his business so I brought him home and went for a walk on my own. I figure that he still gets lots of exercise chasing his ball in the basement but I still need exercise so it felt good to be outside for awhile

I did some computer stuff today and the morning seems to have disappeared. My micro cleaning project sometime this weekend are the kitchen cupboard fronts ... with this fall/winter sunshine, the dust/dirt really seems to show. I might get the guest sheets washed up as well. Thankfully, no one is staying over for a few weeks.

The Christmas cards are out on the table and I just have to get going on them. Perhaps I'll do it tomorrow when I listen to my fav radio show called the Acoustic Storm on 107.1 the Rock from 9 am to noon.

okay no idea what we're eating tonight...perhaps mini pizzas cooked on leftover wraps I shoved in the freezer.

Have a wonderful day and get out and enjoy some sunshine!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m just about done Christmas shopping. Every child has a couple of gifts. We also bought some family/share presents.
    I'm jealous

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information