User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!!! It was hailing today on my drive into the office. Happy I have my winter tires on and I am ready.

Tested all the smoke detectors and replaced with fresh batteries for the ones that have batteries.

Since I am working in the office this week I will pull out the crock pot tonight so it is ready to toss something in it in the morning. I think I will pull out a roast of beef tonight for it Have potatoes/gravy and green beans to go with it for dinner. No shopping needed. Then DS and I can have roast beef sandwiches for our lunch on Wednesday. My fav!!

We had 80 trick or treaters last night. I closed up shop about 715 when it seemed dark at my neighbours and it had started to rain. So glad I decided against buying an extra box of chocolate bars yesterday afternoon as we already have leftovers and I don't want it in the house!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Delighted to post that the last baby expected in the family for 2021 arrived this morning-a girl!

For Halloween fans-today and tomorrow, Value Village has 50% off new and used costumes/all things Halloween! Open to public as far as I can tell (no mention of Super Savers in the e-mail).
    @lizzie bargain Happy travels in Maui! We are looking forward to your stories after your return.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cannot decide on dinner plans for today. I reached in for breakfast bacon (already cooked) left in fridge and made sandwiches and strained pulp from the orange juice Mom purchased to make a quick breakfast for myself. The Swiss Chalet chicken pot pie was delicious for Saturday's supper. Could stand to have a few more pies in freezer for cold nights.

Celery awaits juicing today. Several little tasks to do. One of them is checking the plastic bumpers on kitchen cupboard doors-at least one has failed (discovered yesterday) after 21 years of service, so I may as well check the rest of them.

Sibling has another week off. I don't want any more gray or white hairs this week--it's been very hard with him around most hours.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My cats have taken over the dog's crate lol. Poor thing, he doesn't know what to do with himself now, so he sleeps under the dinning room table in an old cat bed. I was debating adding another animal to my household but will wait as my rescue is still scared.

Lovely sunny afternoon but I am stuck waiting for a delivery from 2-6pm from my pharmacy. I'm letting my leaves fall in the garden as opposed to bagging them, and find it makes a big difference in the spring. Last night I saw a cute little possum in my backyard. The dog ignored him as he waddled across the lawn.

Today is the last day of my Fortino's chicken - made sandwiches, two dinners and last night nachos - delicious.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On my own for dinner. Had hummus and crackers. And now Annie's organic shells. I realize as I'm getting older I'm not eating as much which I guess is a good thing.
    cath007, crafter, dededi and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear son took me to costco today around noon (i treated him to the hotdog special and myself cant beat $3.00 for 2 people )
    I spent $175 but in that i bought a xmas gift for son and his wife .I love their tub of unsalted mixed nuts a good deal for 18.99 will last hubby and i awhile ,son and i split a 2 pack of brocolli /cheddar soup plus a few over the counter meds .They had lovely tropical plants reasonable ( i am an indoor plant person )but i didnt get any for 9.99.I had a lovely chat with him -i love spending one on one time with my son.
    Skippy, barbis9, cath007 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

good evening and good night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Late last month I wrote about finding something odd in my McCafe coffee beans bag. I kept the item and the coffee just in case. I'm so glad I did. Whoever I first spoke to must have been new, as someone from Keurig called me today asking for photos of the item and to send the coffee back to them to inspect. I am glad as I thought it was strange that they wouldn't want it back to look into further. For the time being I will skip buying whole bean coffee and stick to the pre-ground stuff.

@Ciel If I happen to win anything in the McCafe contest, at least I now have a Keurig contact email
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Nov 3rd, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@barbis9 Way to go rep for you! Glad someone at company is following up on your discovery.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Should I laugh or not? The toy I ordered has not shipped yet but website was showing it's available in Burlington. I should have thought of that at time of order and perhaps as a separate one for pickup. Lesson realized...thanks Universe.

The rest of same order is expected mid-week (from distribution centre) and my gift item order is also on its way. Have packaged the other part of gift--just have to add a small item and get the card written. Will admit to having nerves now that I know packages can go sightseeing.

Walmart now has a second photo terminal connected for photofinishing and both happened to be in use when I arrived. Two minutes later, one was available for me to print a couple of photos. Then after paying for photos, I explored the Baby Gear area-someone made a serious effort tidying the Safety items. Saw disposable changing mats in packages but no actual foam changing pad (found the pad at Winners for $19.99! It's not foldable but the price makes it a deal to me). Winners had a household safety kit (I was in the store for gift item and went to check out gear first) that I decided to buy too. Surplus store-scored $5 each baby wipes and body lotion, a $14 personal care item for me and baby cereal (checked date to make sure it has a long shelf life).

Speaking about Winners-some flannel bedding has come in and I'm pleased to report the sets are not all Christmas/holiday prints (red plaid, blue/green plaid, tree motifs and so on). I saw white sets with white sheep drawn in black, a light honey coloured set with honeycomb pattern (about nickel-sized motif), a snowflake print in white and light grey. However, there are not many of any particular set or sizes, so I recommend if you need flannel at home or as gift sets to go to the stores this week. No, I did not spot any Lameirinho bedding but I will make another visit to check again. I did see about 4-5 Living Textiles baby swaddle sets with or without a stuffed toy on the shelves too-that was a surprise as the Bay just had them on sale with extra 15% off as well. Kitchen linens-one wall section is full of red Xmas/holiday aprons and kitchen towels. Most of the autumn towel sets have sold. Some various themed towels are on the pegs too. Some turnover in oven mitts have occurred since my visit about 3 weeks ago. I forgot to walk past the winter coats rack to see if any new colours or sizes have been added.

I passed a couple of large McDonalds drink cups without game stickers on my walk to the stores. Seven days left to play and chase prize dreams.

Mother Nature has commenced a good drop of leaves and Mr. Wind was playing too. It's getting a bit tricky with fallen branches and leaves on the sidewalks.
    Skippy, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel21 I redeemed a full Mccafe card for a free medium coffee and it was not a Monopoly one. Guess my store has run out of the medium cups perhaps?
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to do more xmas shopping for my small grandkids ,at mastermind and canadian tire i will price match a toy (would rather shop canadian tire than walmart )plus get canadian tire money .I really want to get a head start on them .
    Skippy, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Late last month I wrote about finding something odd in my McCafe coffee beans bag. I kept the item and the coffee just in case. I'm so glad I did. Whoever I first spoke to must have been new, as someone from Keurig called me today asking for photos of the item and to send the coffee back to them to inspect. I am glad as I thought it was strange that they wouldn't want want it back to look into further. For the time being I will skip buying whole bean coffee and stick to the pre-ground stuff.

@Ciel If I happen to win anything in the McCafe contest, at least I now have a Keurig contact email
    @barbis9 those were some good instinctual vibes you had to keep the evidence! So curious to know IF they discover what the foreign object is and IF they would follow up to let you know what is.
    Maybe ask them for a postage paid envelope to send them the evidence back to them.
    Skippy, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! All this talk of winter and we're only into day 2 of November I must admit that it feels like it lately,especially first thing in the morning! My joints are already aching so I think I may have to pace myself more than usual this season. On the plus side I found out yesterday DS is coming home from Australia for Christmas!!!
    Cooked my roast beast from No Frills in the crockpot. Tastes superior to previous roast beast that I probably paid more for at Metro.
    The 10 lb potatoes for a buck at No Frills had to be the deal of the week. I cannot remember the last time they could be bought at that price.
    Sadly I heard on the news today that milk and milk products will be going up in price in the coming year. I feel for families with kids.
    We will all need to make harder and wiser decisions with our shopping but I would like to believe that it can still be done. In the meantime I will indulge in my leftover Halloween candy.
    Have a great week everyone!
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!! @Skippy I bet that news of your DS coming home at Christmas saw you do imaginary cartwheels ( since the aches won't allow for the real thing right now ) . I felt that pain this morning so bad, first time in many months I had to take 2 Tylenol for Arthritis tablets.
    How long has it been since your DS visited? Just like our eldest, he's finally getting vaccinated and will be able to join us for the Dec b'days and Christmas this year.

Merry Christmas to us both!

babies teach us acceptance

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information