User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Skippy I am glad to hear your so. Is coming home for Christmas. My DDs would love to go on a vacation to Australia the were plans for one last year and then the pandemic hit us.

@walkonby glad to hear you Oldest DS make the decision to get vaccinated . I am sure you are over the moon that he can joined you in Dec for the Birthday celebration and Christmas
    Last edited by flemeth; Tue, Nov 2nd, 2021 at 04:35 PM.
    Skippy, barbis9, walkonby and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello. We went for a lovely walk today at one of our Conservation areas. I stopped at the library and borrowed 2 passes. A Provincial park pass (loan for 7 days) and a Quinte Conservation area parking pass (loan for 21 days). We already saved $5 in parking costs today

It's our anniversary today. We usually go away for a few days so we decided to celebrate with a staycation visiting local parks

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you all a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Skippy you must be overjoyed. @walkonby you must be both relived and overjoyed
    no one warned us the parenting gig never gets easier.
    I received my sample source today and blech that cheesy ball thing was awful. DS2 made off with the Rice Krispie square in no time. Still no furnace on hear but man it’s starting to feel like winter. DH and I like to see how long we can hold out and so far the house is still cozy but I doubt it will last much longer, it was 3 degrees last time I looked.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lilo0003 ty...you get it. Of course now I'm pondering which of his favourite foods I can make ahead! yeah, I'm a pushover.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

November 2-clear and sunny and cold. Afternoon-perfect conditions for raking the leaves (minimal wind, crisp leaves, cold but sunny day). I must have about 7 bags raked and I noticed the bands of grey (potentially carrying snow) in the sky as well. At least leaf raking has commenced. I'd say about 1/2 of the leaves are down or close to half. Did some flower and edge trimming as they needed attention.

Three baby boy clothes ordered from the Bay arrived in the afternoon! Still no update on the toy I requested. Gift item is on the move-it's expected tomorrow. I did stick on two safety latches on lower cupboards with cleaning products. Mom was against it. So one latch set was pried off the bathroom vanity doors with dull dinner knife within 30min. and the kitchen latch (about 2 hours after adhesion) required a curved paring knife with thin blade to wedge under the padded sticker. Fortunately the kitchen cupboard laminate is undamaged, but I foresee damage issues if anyone applies these latches to cupboard fronts-the adhesive is really durable-and keeps them on for months or over a year.

Watched movie Black Widow for second time and noticed some dialogue really bothers me. Bro only watched 3/4 of film-he thinks the movie tanks (is not good). However, the main characters are strong people and their deadpan delivery of lines is something. So too are the stunts!

Twitter-I am aware that individuals on ODSP are using social channels to share how hard it is to get aid for food/clothing/other needs when each month's money is used right away for rent or school costs. Some are going without food for days. I intend to give some money to a person needing food (but the method of donation is not one I have an account for so I need a friend's help). Individual has tried to access food supports but gets the usual income and paperwork routine. It is distressing to read that students are hungry and going to school. Seems like some colleges have cut back on food supports/any breakfast programs due to Covid-19.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ikea recycling event near end of November for furniture and electronics:
    https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/campaigns...d-8f41b9c45f32
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walked into RCSS and immediately got waved-down by a Customer Service lady who told me that my normal gal had already gone home, but that she had bought me something in the FlashFood cooler. It turned out to be a Maple Turkey breast (5lb) for $20. A decent price. What a sweetie. I've got them trained to look out good deals on my behalf.

I was bringing some Mango Mochi puffs to explore and share with her, so we both had the best intentions for each other. I'll save them for another day.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@HermanH I'd recommend giving that customer service lady a treat too! She'd probably be thrilled to be rewarded for being attentive to customers who are staff favourites.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, already tried, but she graciously declined.
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The last 2 days have been amazing for me mentally.

Monday well I was working I managed to get a bunch of house stuff off my to-do-list. I got my bedding washed and switched over to winter bedding. The couch blankets have been washed and the couch vacuumed.

Yesterday was one of those days where I sat down and the work stuffed just flowed and things got done. By the end of my work day I was able to see what I got done and it felt amazing.

I am someone who thrives off accomplishment and feels I need to accomplish something everything day so the last two days have just really helped to help me reset and refocus and see that if I just push through things can get done.

Monday night I made Beef Stew, I was going to do a Roast Chicken or Roast Beef but as I was gathering stuff in the basement I saw the stuff for Beef Stew and I was sold. Last night I had a bunch of veggies I prepped on the weekend to roast as side dishes so I made Baked Chicken with Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Sweet & Salty Carrots and Roasted Garlic Parmesan Butternut Squash, it was amazing. I am obsessed with cooking my Butternut Squash this way, I could literally eat a whole sheet pan and if I leave it sitting on the stove I snack on it like chips.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery so far.

Thinking I might run into No Frills and grab a couple more bags of potatoes, for a $1 who can say no.

I still have a ton of apples to use up so I think I will make One Bowl Apple Cake, then we have some for at home but I can also take some to work to share. I miss sharing my baked goods at work because of Covid Protocols.

Still a lot to get done but I feel like I have this, I can do this, I got this feeling back. It is one step at a time a no everything won't be done overnight but that is okay.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lizzie thank you and I 100% understand what you are saying but I made decision last year to only focus on what I can do and what I can accomplish and to not expect/rely on help. I know this probably sounds off the wall maybe a little insane but mentally it has helped me so much.

Instead of focusing on what others are not doing or not helping me with I just focus on what I can do. Obviously Sunday was a bad days for me but that is the first one that bad in months vs previously that would be me weekly if not daily.

I am not saying my approach is correct or right but it is working for me.

As for food waste most of the time lately we are good just last week with my injury I could not cook the way I normally do. But it does help now that I am back to once a week shopping vs once a month.

All and all it was just a bad day I think mostly because I am not 100% healed and I am not good at sitting and doing nothing and see what needs to be done and I cannot do it.

Thank you for what you said and I 100% understand and I am not at disregarding what was said but sometimes we have to get creative for our own mental health and that is what I am doing. I am in this unique situation but honestly although we live together I can only focus on me and in an odd way I feel like I am taking charge of me what I need to do which I am not good at. I tend to be 100% focused on others and there needs and I put myself last so although it may seem odd it is working. I am focused on me and what I need for me.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sorry last post for now.

Stairs update:

I feel like the stairs are getting worse, as we have been using them they know bounce when you walk on them but it does not feel like the stair moving it feels like the whole staircase which scares me. I feel like I am having flashbacks because when I was a kid I had a staircase flip on me and long story short one leg was under the staircase one leg was on top of the staircase and yeah.

Emails back and forth, originally they told us they installed the staircase it is structurally sound and safe if we are not happy with it we will have to pay someone to replace them at our cost. Nope we pay our fees and the exterior including the stairs is on the Condo Corp and you are the ones who insisted on reinstalling stairs that were not structurally sound to save costs. The construction company told us they were unsafe and could not be reinstalled.

Next email - this is our fault because unlike some of our neighbours we did not paint or stain the stairs which is what has cause this problem. Um excuse me since when did paint or stain affect the structure of our stairs.

On the weekend we noticed 2 of our board members standing in front of our house looking at the stairs and then we heard one of them walking up and down the stairs.

Tuesday we get an email, property management will be on site at some point during the day to inspect the stairs. Well we hear them outside so Mom goes to the door well I was making lunch. The construction company is with them and just keeps saying they safe and structurally sound. One of the board members suggest they try walking up and down the stairs, they say they do not need to do she does it and you can see the stairs shifts as she walks.

The construction company than again starts saying how this is our fault because we did not stain or paint the stairs had we have painted or stained them they would have been structurally sound. WOW hang on, I thought you just said they were structurally sound but now they aren't because we didn't paint or stain them, HUH? Which one is it?

At this point the property management company says they will discuss this later and went on to look at all of the other stairs that were reinstalled. I am guessing we are not the only ones complaining.

Now we wait and see what they say but this is not going away as those stairs are not safe and it will only get worse once winter comes as any sort of snow or ice on those stairs will only make it worse. I am already scared to walk on them when they are just wet because they are slanted and v-ed (sp?) so you cannot steady your foot on the step.

The drama continues LOL
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Had a wonderful date night last night. Wing night at a local establishment and watched the Leaf game.

Yesterday on my way home from work I set my #2 PC pts card to redeem. (I had $35 in points) Went to RCSS and grabbed the last 3 Annie's back to school boxes for $4.94 each (7 products in each box, 2 x shells and cheddar, 2 x crackers, 1 granola bar, 1 fruit snacks 1 cereal) the 4pk of mini almond milk was marked down to .54 cents so grabbed 10 of those and 2 x organic tostitos at $1.94 each. and a box of nacho doritos Halloween pack for $4.44 for DS. Redeemed $30 in points and paid the difference with change

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @barbis9 those were some good instinctual vibes you had to keep the evidence! So curious to know IF they discover what the foreign object is and IF they would follow up to let you know what is.
    Maybe ask them for a postage paid envelope to send them the evidence back to them.
    @walkonby yes they paid for the return of the product. I doubt I will hear back about the item, but yesterday a replacement bag arrived via courier

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information