User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well out and about i went today

first stop rexall for my prescription ,checked the clearance section and got 3 sets of socks some were reduced to 2.96 for 3 pairs and 1.96 for 2 pairs i am hoping some fit me or else they will be gifts.

Then the mall for a return old navy -$14. something back on my credit card

My daughter-in-law asked me if i could use up a 20.00 gift card at lush and get ashlyn and cara xmas bath bombs -i added 6.00 of my own money as it came to $26.00 and got the girls a total of 4 santas and polar bears,girl gave me a small sample of cream for my nails .
    Lush was busy too.

Then treated myself to body shop and got the last one a pear gift pkg,pear souffle ,shower gel ,scrub and something else $32.Pear is my favourite fruit and this smell is divine and they sell out always ,infact she said due to shipping they only got 6 in and i got the last one .lol treat for me !

Then stopped into style encore on the way home got money for my daughter's donation 15.00 but then got 25% off a northern reflection long sleeve top for me $5.25 like new.

Then ran in to metro spent $29 and got 28 airmiles i had a lot of loaded personal offers.

Then home as i am tired.
    Skippy, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day fellow thread dwellers! It's good catching up on the latest and I'm always learning a bit here and there so keep up the good work!
    My body has forced me to give it a break so here I am and I'm not going to worry about the other gazillion things I have to do.
    I could possibly be getting older physically,as I'm starting to "feel the cold" and so even with a sweater the furnace has been going on more often despite my cheapness.
    My latest frugal hack is that indeed the written description takes precedence over the flyer pic. Case in point Freshco had roast beast on sale this week which looked so wonderfully appealing in the flyer. Yet in reality it was covered in fat in one of those air sealed body bags. Normally I would pass but given rising prices I decided to give it a try. After cutting off the fat and cooking it in the crock pot, it came out absolutely wonderful in taste. In fact I was so impressed that I am going back to buy another!
    Another hack if you don't have Apple tv is that "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" will be on PBS this Sunday at 7:30. I've seen it over the decades but hey it still works for me!
    Well my body is telling me it's time to sign off but it's always a blessing to be here! Enjoy the rest of the week my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a busy couple of days.

Dh finally got his winter tires put on his truck today. We are under a wind advisory. We have had 100km/he wind gusts for the last 12hrs already and it’s not letting up yet.

Had some training and a staff meeting after school/work today. Ds needed more pants so we pulled out his bin and found 4 more pairs of pants that he grew into since he last tried them on in August. I picked up groceries at NF this evening.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This week is not going as planned at all.

Monday I was supposed to be in a branch from 10 to noon, did not get home until after 2. Yesterday I was supposed to be done between 12 and 1 in the branch and come home, nope got home after 3.

I am still not feeling my best, I was tempted to call in sick yesterday but decided to push through so nothing is getting done at home because by the time I get home I am done.

I got my car back yesterday, so happy, the loaner has an error message that kept beeping at me and was driving me a little insane. Was not looking forward if I had to take it on a longer drive later in the week. Only downside is I did not know the pick-up truck has now gone in for service so I cannot bring the insulation home, dang. I could borrow a different truck but I have never driven the other truck so I am hesitant. Maybe I can talk Mom into asking Bro to bring them over. Best laid plans all I can say.

It is Wednesday time to look at next week flyers and see if there is anything we need to pick up. I saw Butter was on sale for $3.88, even though I have stocked up after hearing there will be an over 12% increase next year I wouldn't mind picking up some more.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day! Dark day here.

Today is my last day of work for the week and then a few days vacation. So I better plow away at my work!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama enjoy your vacation. @SassyAshley wow 12% increase is a lot for butter next year. Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to freeze some if I find it on sale. I heard that coffee is going to go up a lot in price as well.

Well It's chilly and gray here today. I'm hoping that it will warm up so that I can clean the inside of the car windows and dust. The rain will help with the outside for now. I don't have big plans today aside from planning some vegan meals for our DDs & + visit this weekend. I promised them a chick pea curry soup which I've never tried making...wish me luck. I think I'll make some homemade vegan buns as well. I still have the library conservation area pass until Monday. Hoping to make good use of it this weekend.

We had a diabetes pick up yesterday which is step 1 of my purge. Next I want to pull together some home maintenance stuff that we don't need and drop it off at the Re-Store. Step 3 is electronics and toxic waste drop off Step 4 Some metal stuff to the metal recycling

Time for flyer browsing. Have a great day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 Those windspeeds...do schools cancel in-person classes in such conditions?

Grey and drizzling day here too. Certainly a day for hot cocoa and warm food and throws!

Happy to see the Moneysaver bagged with a coupon booklet in today's mail. Offers are posted in the Coupon subforum. A fistful of ads (will post pyjama offers in Deals soon) accompanied the Moneysaver and RBC's flyer for MyDoh app with $10 code offer (did not check how much app costs after 30day trial-this app is aimed at children). Wonder if Play Doh entity has any concerns with RBC's app name?

Morning show indicated emergency alert on Ontario phones would be tested at 12:55pm ET. Alberta apparently had the same test at 1:55pm local time. How many SCers knew about the tests today? I'm glad I was not at the library for the tests-they can occur over several minutes depending on whose phones sound off (not all at same time, depending on model/age of phones).

One person I follow on Twitter posted that some tv series reviewers were not impressed with the live-action Cowboy Bebop series on Netflix. I still intend to watch it. Found a Youtube video with composer Yoko Kanno talking about how she came up with show music (she only used a little of the music from original anime and adapted her tunes to what show wanted from each scene. Bonus bit for YK fans-she got the Seatbelts to work with her again! Expect some snazzy jazz!

I saw the teaser trailer for Ozark season 4. I'm confused. Thought the series was done awhile ago. Guess my sibling will be watching again.
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel21 School as usual in person. Our school busses didn’t get cancelled. Some other school divisions in our province cancelled busses.

edit: Our kids still had outside recess.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Nov 17th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Success, I left the office at noon and was able to come home and be me.

Come home to work on what I thought would be an easy task, nope realized our "fix" would cause a new issue. Time to call in the programmers.

I still have a headache and am super tired (let's be honest, that might be life not the sinus infection) but I am finally starting to feel better.

I started looking at the flyers, I found a few things but does not really seem to be any stock up items yet, I still have a couple flyers to look at.

Tonight's dinner is Baked BBQ Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes in the Air Fryer and Roaster Asparagus. I will say the Air Fryer is king when it comes to Potatoes they come out nice and crispy and in a fraction of the time it takes in the oven.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Don’t forget to save your PCO offers.
    Ds2 has been sick with a cold since Sunday we have all stayed close to home once it became a cough on Monday as that is one of the symptoms of concern, so out of an abundance of caution he has been home all week and went for a Covid test. He feels better now and the results confirm it’s not Covid so a huge sigh of relief.
    It’s now surprisingly warm in this part of Ontario at 15 degrees. But it’s not going to last.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mr. Wind has been gusting and huffing and puffing since just before 8pm. The past hour has been a wind fest. Won't think of where the leaves have been sent despite the rain for most of the day.

OK, time to push some PC Optimum offers away!
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today a teacher offered to bring free ground goose breast meat for anyone who wanted it. He has more than he has room for at home…rural community connections…some keeps bringing him more birds. So I’ll be getting 5lbs of free ground goose meat later this week. He says he cuts it with ground beef or pork when using the meat with his family. I’m looking forward to it.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and it felt great, I won't go as far as saying I am not tired (I think that is life) but I am not completely exhausted. I woke up just after 4 am, got to slowly start my morning before diving in head first.

Got to my work nice and early, got a few things off my plate. Today was supposed to be a day of being me but we have someone off so plans have shifted but I got it.

As I went through the last few flyers I did find a few items I want to stock up on but I also found some nice fresh items on sale. It is Clementine season and I am happy. No sure when I will go shopping yet. I think I am going to stock up as much as I can going into Christmas season and then hopefully after Christmas we will have little to no shopping.

On that note I have not even started thinking about Christmas, about a month ago I sat down and tried to make a plan but I got no where and have not tried again. Normally I have a theme each Christmas, this Christmas I got nothing.

Happy Thursday everyone.
    Skippy, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flyer bundle was on the driveway when I looked out the window after 5am (Bro's alarm 1/2h earlier interrupted my fitful sleep). Got the paper and dried some of Mom's laundry and ran some washer loads of my own whilst enjoying the flyers. Didn't shriek but my eyes popped at the regular price of Valspar Signature pail of paint in Lowe's flyer. When did it hit $61+ for a 3.something L pail? So glad I got one Jan 2020 to do the bathroom job and it wasn't quite that high yet. But the pail is on sale now for $46 and change, in case someone wants some paint(eggshell finish price; not certain how much higher satin finish is going for).

Samko & Miko toy wareshouse sale flyer (Hamilton ON)-wow, the Gund Flora singing bunny stuffed toy is $22.50! (Regular price is noted as $49 something but Chapters/Indigo has it at around $54.) Now I want one of the singing bunnies! Brands Gone Wild also is running its sale at the same 1379 Upper James St location.

Am crashing 4h later despite hot cocoa at 8am, something to eat and mug of lemon & ginger tea. Will go to bed to get the rest of my sleep. Sky looks like it has snow up there. Maybe not a good idea to go out to Burlington but tomorrow's forecast is for snow...

Noticed that the Maroc clementines Mom bought this week no longer come in balsa wood crates. Heavy corrugated cardboard does the job now. Good for me-I can remove the netting and toss the box into the wheeled green bin cart. I used to feel badly that I could not repurpose or use the wood for a firepit or crafts. Noticed that persimmons in the Fortinos flyer also are in a corrugated box. Guess the price of wood is a factor for suppliers.

Have a warm drink this morning, SCers! If you are braving the early Black Friday sales in-person today, you'll need all the energy you can muster with your lists in hand.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

NF - $2.67 Smucker’s jam - $1 coupon. Cheapest I’ve found the jam in months.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information