User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. Wow it's beautiful outside with the coating of snow.

I'm planning on doing a tad of cyber shopping this morning. Mostly books ...I'm using my Indigo gift card I got from Neilson homescan.

I'm hoping to get out early in the afternoon to do a bit of stocking up. Primarily on stuff we use. eg Loads of coffee beans before the price goes up, Classico pasta sauce and canned tomatoes. I'm amazed at how many canned tomatoes we go thru....a pot of chili, cabbage soup and the cans disappear.

The stock market appears to have stabilized which is a sign of relief as well.

Wishing you a happy Cyber Monday sale day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have a feeling today is not going to be my day. I woke up feeling exhausted even though I slept last night which was weird but I blew it off. As I sit here trying to work I start to realize, my anxiety is what I call spinning.

The last few days I have been feeling off, I have felt like I have forgotten to do something or should be worried about something but I cannot pinpoint what was off. Now today I am full blown spinning. When this happens I struggle to focus, my mind is all over the place and staying still is hard.

This is going to make today a challenge as I really needed a put your head down, knock it out kind of day. Just hoping today is the peak and things will settle from here. I now have an insane week, when I went back and checked my emails from Friday I had an email from one staff member telling me they were off today and I needed to cover them, luckily I can do this remotely. I also have an email asking me to cover someone else on Friday and another email letting me know we have a new hire starting tomorrow who I had not factored into my week.

Going to try to focus and knock a few things out. Also need to figure out dinner, I think Mom wants to cook a whole chicken today so then I just need to figure out the sides. I will confirm with her once she gets up that, that is still the plan.

Happy Monday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hang in there, Sassy. One step at a time and the day will be over.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

well wish me luck-I am all checked in online with all the correct documents to head to Maui tomorrow with my SIL for a girls trip. As long as we can avoid the new variant we should be fine.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you @wendymac . My Mom went out to run her errands and pick up my Grocery order and I took some time for me. To try to get energy out I shoveled the stairs and cleaned my car and then just took some time and am feeling much better. Hopefully I am over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Hang in there, Sassy. One step at a time and the day will be over.
    Good Luck @lizzie bargain . I am not sure about flying but both my bros have gone to the US driving and said it was actually easier crossing now, no problems. Although on the way back my Sister-in-Law was randomly chosen for an at home Covid Test (did not even know this was a thing) but 5 to 7 days after they returned she had to book an online appointment with a nurse and gave her a test to test herself. The thing is a nurse has to be online watching you take the test and watching you package it to be sent off.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    well wish me luck-I am all checked in online with all the correct documents to head to Maui tomorrow with my SIL for a girls trip. As long as we can avoid the new variant we should be fine.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

well SA-I am either very brave or foolish-and if you never see me post again you will know it was foolish-lol. I am sure we will be just fine.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get all my work done but I will slowly work away at it tonight as I am watching TV.

Stairs are shovelled and both cars are dug out. Was speaking with a neighbour who said they still plan to come and replace our stairs this week even with the snow *fingers crossed*. I am so scared everything I go down them I am going to fall.

Mom picked up my Wal-Mart order so now I should have everything for my Christmas Treats except for Lemons, Lime & Cranberries which I will pick up the week of Christmas.

Now here comes the fun part, one of the cookies I am making calls for dehydrated marshmallows (also known as marshmallow bits). Apparently these are readily available in the US but not so much in Canada. I did find them on Amazon but the price was anywhere from $40 to $60 and most did not include shippings, no thanks. Then I found them on Etsy, much cheaper, I think $5 or $6 but the shipping was $20.33, nope. So I am going to try to dehydrate them myself, we do own a dehydrator *fingers crossed* this works. I think I might try it this weekend as once they are dehydrated they won't go bad but if it does not work I have time to come up with plan b.

As well Wal-Mart substituted my 2 Becel Plant Based Salted for 2 Unsalted. Originally I ordered 3 Unsalted and 2 Salted so now I got 5 Unsalted. Oh well, I will just add some salt to the recipes.

Well I was putting the Becel and Butter in the freezer, Mom was with me and to my surprise she took out the 25 lb pail of Cherries and is defrosting them to use somehow. Hmmmm wonder if I can make Cherry Butter for Christmas, haven't made the flavour before. I did a little internal happy dance and now I cannot wait to clean and reorganize the chest freezer but that will have to wait for the weekend.

Mom did put the Chicken in to Roast when she got home but it is taking its sweet time cooking so plan b for dinner. Needed quick and easy since it was almost 5 pm and the chicken was not done so I pulled Homemade Burgers from the freezer and will make Oven Fries. We will have the Chicken tomorrow night.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

low key day today.
    but that was good. i am working on my holiday bins ..... i have the 2 large dc ones full of crafts sorted... i am rather proud of that. i will work on using up the stuff this year.

at some point i will need to fold laundry... that is not today....lol.

did a bunch of paperwork type stuff. supper is in the oven and waitng on it to finish up
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow my day ended up being quite busy. 2 separate shopping/errand trips but mostly quick stops

Walmart for Classico alfredo sauce..what has happened...it's impossible to find their Alfredo sauce anymore. I bought a Rose one to try.

We decided to be super strategic with fast food going forward i.e. gift card/coupons
    We both felt like MCDs so I proudly got mygift card ready...added our order.. FREE FRIES OFFER Thanks Raptors woot... hubbies combo and I used his drink to get a dd coffee and my sticker (what a treat) and headed out so I could shop first then order.
    Nope, it wasn't in the cards yet for us...apparently when you pay by mobile, you have to pay with Visa, Mastercard or Amex no spot for Mcd gift card use
    on a good note, I received bonus rewards with their new rewards program

Trip 2 picked up my Dad's resized ring...it's so sweet of him to give it to me...it has my parents initials and wedding date inscribed.

Then dropped into to pick up an order at Metro (15 dollar savings) and my free product offer at Independent. I'm definitely going to do 2 more Metro online order pick ups for the 15 dollars off of wus 75. Hopefully I can pair up with other metro am offers.

Well time to figure out something for dinner. Have a nice evening
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I didnt shop online today just went to a local store "zarkys" for deli meat and a few other items .I did call joe fresh as i now see they are offering 30% off today and i had 25% 3 days ago .The guy said they dont do adjustments only on final sale ,but i did have an adjustment last year ,we will see he put a claim in -its not much difference but hey .

I super cleaned my glass shelves and bins in my 23 year old fridge,wiped every thing down and chucked a few expired salad dressings,another day will be the top small freezer .Then my main freezer down stairs i need to defrost.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m filling in for that same teacher tomorrow. My contract ended last week, but it might get extended again…they’re still figuring it out.

Dh and I put a second coat of paint on the large living room wall. We’ll put up the Christmas tree next weekend.

Today was a busy days full of appointments. All 3 of our kids got their first Covid vaccinations. They were excited, but a bit nervous about it. They did great. The vaccine clinic was busy.

My mom is thinking about coming for a visit at the beginning of Christmas break. The kids and I have 16 days off school this year.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Slow morning but breakfast and laundry were done!

Afternoon-limited success bagging one pile of leaves-scraped off snow and bagged as pile had been sitting over the week. Other piles will have to stay in place for months. At least I have several bags awaiting pickup and I collected some branches as well. Worried that bags will freeze to snow on driveway or enough overnight falls that a plow pushes it over or onto bags. TBD.

The powder snow/small flake snow changed to somewhat snowy curls and faster drop rate during the afternoon. So I gave up on trying to bag a second pile (only a little bagged, too much snow/frozen chunks) as the heavier piles took more effort to move (tired quickly).

Decided against any errands/walks. Left them too late in day and shoes got wet during yard work.

My BPL holds are in-now to figure out best day to get them and binge watch. Monday afternoon/evening-I watched two movies so they are ready to go back to HPL soon.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    My anxiety seems to be back in check, I am not spinning, I am thankful.

Although I am still so tired, I took a melatonin last night to help me sleep and it completely knocked me out. But I still woke up exhausted and did not want to get out of bed.

It looks like my package is at the Post Office so I will need to pick that up today and get it all sorted out.

Since we have the cooked Chicken we will have that for dinner but thinking we might make Tetrazzini out of the chicken for something different.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    barbis9, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I have steak and shrimp out thawing. Decided to switch up the meal plan. Will have mushrooms and onions and baby potatoes and ceaser salad with it. Cooking up the entire bag of shrimp. I doubt there will be any leftovers.

Will put a load of laundry on soon and hang it to dry (yoga pants/undies etc)

Getting my steps in shoveling the driveway. Did round one 1st thing this morning. It is snowing now so will do it again later this afternoon. I like the fresh air and moving around without trying.
    ROMEO, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information