User Tag List

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    well SA-I am either very brave or foolish-and if you never see me post again you will know it was foolish-lol. I am sure we will be just fine.
    @lizzie bargain have a safe and wonderful trip. I'm sure you will be fine as long as you wear your mask when needed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Wow my day ended up being quite busy. 2 separate shopping/errand trips but mostly quick stops

Walmart for Classico alfredo sauce..what has happened...it's impossible to find their Alfredo sauce anymore. I bought a Rose one to try.

We decided to be super strategic with fast food going forward i.e. gift card/coupons
    We both felt like MCDs so I proudly got mygift card ready...added our order.. FREE FRIES OFFER Thanks Raptors woot... hubbies combo and I used his drink to get a dd coffee and my sticker (what a treat) and headed out so I could shop first then order.
    Nope, it wasn't in the cards yet for us...apparently when you pay by mobile, you have to pay with Visa, Mastercard or Amex no spot for Mcd gift card use
    on a good note, I received bonus rewards with their new rewards program

Trip 2 picked up my Dad's resized ring...it's so sweet of him to give it to me...it has my parents initials and wedding date inscribed.

Then dropped into to pick up an order at Metro (15 dollar savings) and my free product offer at Independent. I'm definitely going to do 2 more Metro online order pick ups for the 15 dollars off of wus 75. Hopefully I can pair up with other metro am offers.

Well time to figure out something for dinner. Have a nice evening
    @crafter love the ring offer. I wish my late mother hadn't lost her wedding rings long ago in Europe, as I would have loved to wear them now that she is gone.
    crafter, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good afternoon. We had a semi busy paperwork morning. I have an old printer and my laptop rarely ever prints. Amazingly, DHs laptop does print...albeit one project at a time. After each job we have to turn the printer off and on, and open the print queu again...still amazed DH can get it to work.
    We had to print out some important docs for a meeting this week. The signature part printed and then the ink ran out but we have the important pages we needed. Phew..I don't have to go to the library to print.
    I looked at buying a new printer but the prices have really jumped up. The refill cartridges aren't too expensive so I did some sleuthing and got 9% cashback via Rakuten directly on the HP site instead of Amazon.

I'm doing a pile of laundry today. I really do prefer the tiered electricity. I'm washing sheets, mattress cover, pillows etc. Our DD and partner are super sensitive to aromas so we are using Tide free and gentle. Our DD claims there's still a faint scent but good enough.

No idea what we'll have for dinner. It's snowing out here so I doubt DH will want to go out to BQ chicken wings.. Perhaps we'll have tourtiere from the freezer. It's that stay inside kind of day.

@barbis9 big hugs.. that's a shame your Mom lost her rings years back. Hopefully she left you some other personal items to remember her with
    Last edited by crafter; Tue, Nov 30th, 2021 at 03:06 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Powder snow on top of yesterday's slushy stuff. Most of it melted off by afternoon but I still shovelled the walks out of habit and scraped off ice off the garbage shed (in shade most of day). Yard waste collection crew came by early today and nabbed the lot-hard to believe the bag season is over. Will start a bag for fallen twigs and branches in the shed over the coming weeks.

Spent a lot of time watching the Disney+ docu-series on the Beatles. Posted episode rankings in Entertainement Society/What are you watching on tv? Ms Sunshine was beaming most of day onto the sofa and I had a throw on while watching (heat was on and off during day) most of the three episodes. There did not seem to be much or any snow in London during the filming. But most of the group had scarves on with their coats. Bonus bits-scenes of footage from the band's time spent at a guru's retreat in India, including Lennon's wife.

Not feeling my best today. Had the usual tea but made a double hot cocoa batch in afternoon as I craved something chocolately. Think I have a touch of sniffles from yardwork-stuffiness noticed but its not too bad or I'd be in bed otherwise (as my breathing issues would be impacted).

Santa sent lots of admail in the post today-that was a good surprise! My parcel got delivered today but postal website seems to indicate the wrong city. Sent feedback in case my concern is validated. I don't want to be stuck with a return postage & fuel surcharge if I'm right.

This year, The Universe has not sent any big contest wins my way. Must admit I'm disappointed. I have not seen any winner news posted for the toy warehouse shopping credit contest yet.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -hubby and i watched the docuseries "beatles " also i loved it i was singing along the odd time .

Dropped over to see the girls and take ashlyn's tablet back ,we stayed and visited and played with them .

On the way to son's i returned my joe fresh top (arms too tight,too short in length) and the sleep pants .Last year i bought a large in sleep pants and they are nice ,this year wide band and too tight-uggggg.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ceil -hubby and i watched the docuseries "beatles " also i loved it i was singing along the odd time .

Dropped over to see the girls and take ashlyn's tablet back ,we stayed and visited and played with them .

On the way to son's i returned my joe fresh top (arms too tight,too short in length) and the sleep pants .Last year i bought a large in sleep pants and they are nice ,this year wide band and too tight-uggggg.
    @coupongirl I don't know who is designing clothes these days but I understand your frustration. Hopefully the return went well.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Nov 30th, 2021 at 07:13 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday I had a Costco return. I told my boyfriend I wouldn't be long and of course he didn't believe me but I did it in under 10 minutes while he waited in my car. These were men's' lined jeans for myself as all I see or hear about is skinny jeans. I have gained some weight during covid so will need a larger size. Maybe I should just stick to track pants
    walkonby, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis- i agree i dont know who is making clothing for women 55 and up.Here is a tip i dont care for jeans at age 62 anymore so i wear black yoga pants they have stretch and a sort of bell bottom-lol Mind you i did get burgundy tommy hillfiger a tiny bit of skinny jean at talize for 10.20 back in the fall and i love them .lol

So i tired again the bay has seniors day and free shipping last day for free shipping is today i thinks and i got an XL in capris but they look loose around the leg $9.55-lets hope they fit !! and i like them also.

Then i thru in some mens hot socks for my son 2 pkg 10.20 after discount these are nice socks and they last ,my poor son was wearing his wifes xmas socks tonight i laughed as all his socks look worse for wear .I already bought him a pair of hatley socks canada red socks with a cute design 5.00.

Oh and the return went great,i even told her they are making clothing smaller .But i dont think she cared.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Dec 1st, 2021 at 09:48 AM.
    barbis9, walkonby, crafter and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@barbis9 and @coupongirl I hear you, it's getting frustrating with the skinny jeans and covid weight gain.

I've been wearing GT boutique leggings $12 each (they do have flared ones too) For my outside outings, I found some really nice leggings on sale at Mark's WWW $20 + CT Triangle reward promo + Rakuten called denver-hayes-womens-high-rise-curve-tech-ponte-leggings
    I did give in yesterday and buy a larger size of jeans from Joe Fresh for $20+cashback+pc point redemption.
    Now I just need more big long tshirts and sweaters..

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks crafter -next time i am at giant tiger i will look for the flared leggings at 12.00 each .

Off to pick up the girls today and may pop into freshco as it is near my son's house .
    barbis9 and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@crafter thanks for the tip about GT leggings and Marks WWW
    coupon girl and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Oi I need to come by more often to take in life. So much going on!…
    Now that I’ve caught up I’m tired and the cat is calling and yes a new thread is started but it will need to wait. Blessings my friends!
    Angela273 and crafter like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Thanks crafter -next time i am at giant tiger i will look for the flared leggings at 12.00 each .

Off to pick up the girls today and may pop into freshco as it is near my son's house .
    No probs ... re GT reminder for seniors day it's next Monday good time to stock up in person or online
    I called my local Giant Tiger and it's the first Monday of every month 10 percent of most merchandise EXCEPT groceries. They mentioned that they offer 20 percent off some items
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

November savings $667.71
    $85.47 - coupons used
    $16.67 - 10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $5 - Amazon Sb gc
    $80 - PCO - NF
    $110 - Air Miles
    $20.14 - Caddle
    $43 - Stuff Sold
    $16.50 - Domino’s Pizza Points
    $6.98 - local Contest win
    $1.75 - Found money
    $2.20 - Tim Horton’s Wins

Gift Cards
    $30 - Great Canadian Oil Change
    $250 - Coop vouchers
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 1st, 2021 at 06:25 PM.
    crafter likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread Information