User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are we there yet? Eleventh month of 2021. Preparing for clocks returning to standard time, getting warmer bedding into rotation (and warmer sleep attire), and reading the dark skies for signs of the flurries and other precipitation. Adding more reflective tape to clothing and bags...

Posted on Oct. 29. No Halloween candy is on the premises. Plenty of tea on hand to ward off the evening chills and drafts!
    This thread is currently associated with: 123inkcartridges.ca
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Adding more reflective tape to clothing and bags.
    If visibility to others is a major concern of yours, have you considered buying a small flashlight or tag to hang from your jacket? Many of them have a strobe/blinker function. When I used to row, we would have these little lights attached to our boats that would flash our positions in the darkness to prevent collisions.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel21 for starting this new thread.

I am not ready for the colder weather.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Are we there yet? Eleventh month of 2021. Preparing for clocks returning to standard time, getting warmer bedding into rotation (and warmer sleep attire), and reading the dark skies for signs of the flurries and other precipitation. Adding more reflective tape to clothing and bags...

Posted on Oct. 29. No Halloween candy is on the premises. Plenty of tea on hand to ward off the evening chills and drafts!
    Giant Tiger has bright vests at reasonable prices. I bought one for my sweetie as I was worried when he did site checks, as a lot of people are not paying attention when they drive.

Horrible collision of a young driver driving into the back of a transport truck on the QEW today around 6:00AM. The police are notifying the family of his death. Another young male wearing headphones was clipped by the GO train yesterday (and survived), he apparently did see or hear the train. I don't understand why people are so preoccupied or in a rush.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, the wild colder weather is a great mood changer--not too keen on overnight temperatures dipping low and friendly with 0C.
    @HermanH I actually do have a small LED flashlight (batteries changed recently) that I clip to my bag. I used to clip it to hood elastic but it swings like a pendulum while I walk with cane and let's say my collarbone minds...Feel sad I never asked at the bank about my armband that had 3 settings. I had left it at the branch in March and just never went in to inquire. Hard to get one now as I have had my Well.ca account deleted by request. Will still look around online just in case I can get a 2nd one without needing to create a shopping account.
    @barbis9 Yes, that accident was an unfortunate event. I think we will know more. Once the deceased man's name was released, I confess to putting his name into search engine. He had an encounter with the police over drifting and insurance fraud with staged accident last year. My gut feeling is that his obituary will be more gloss than reality.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am not ready for winter. nope not ready.

ok.... november.. goal is really focus on less.. using what we have. less take out.. sticking to the budget ( stop laughing)
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am not ready for winter. nope not ready.

ok.... november.. goal is really focus on less.. using what we have. less take out.. sticking to the budget ( stop laughing)
    We made similargoals ... good for you! The weird thing is that everytime, I promise myself to really cut back, I spend money on groceries or a few clothes to make sure we're stocked up. Just put in an order at Marks WW lol.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I agree, I am not ready for winter. I am not a fan of winter.

Right now it is a bit of a catch 22, we really need a good winter for work, we need things to slow down so we can regroup and recoup. But I do not like winter and I hate, I mean hate winter driving. I am all for mild winters.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I held my boys tight today, that young man was 20 yrs old and from my city, it’s a location on the QEW we know well as the 21 yr old drove that way for college, my heart goes out to that family. I cannot imagine the grief.
    ROMEO, barbis9, cath007 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

October savings total $599.89

Coupons used - $207.32
    10% off Tuesday - $12.59
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    PCO - NF - $120
    Air Miles -$60
    CO51 - $22.17
    Stuff Sold - $56
    Garden veggies - $10
    Contest wins - $100.71 (local coop)
    Tim Horton’s Wins - $1.10
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am not ready for winter too....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening i had about 70 kids tonight on our crescent ,i stood out and chatted with my neighbour inbetween kids ,of course i bought too much. I have about 10 ,chocolate mini bars, a few suckers and 12 bags of lays ripple chips left -i gave extra to the kids this year also .

My poor feet are sore from standing -ugggg.
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

And here it is November-just popped out to see if i could see the Northern Lights but no luck this dark morning. Off to Maui at the end of the month so yesterday booked my Covid test for 72 hrs pre flight-it was a little tricky as I needed it after 4 p.m. on a Saturday and most places don't test past 3 pm on Saturday as the tests have to go off to the lab then. Anyway after multiple phone calls I found one place that will test us after 4-did not want to wait until Sunday and only 48 hrs pre flight as that is cutting it a bit close.
    I am going with my SIL. Maui is never cheap but we are economizing by using a buddy pass for one flight, sharing a 2 bedroom condo which means we can cook and I keep re booking the rental car through Costco( so far it has gone down $360 for the 9 days). On the way home I found there is a company with Covid test results in 15 minutes-costs a bit more but I think it is worth it for less stress. Meantime one of these days Canada will cancel the test requirement for vaxed travelers.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday took a turn for me. I did not wake up with a lot of ambition but I was trying to push through. But it did not go as planned.

I am trying to play catch up around the house as there is so much that did not get done after I fell. Plus this weekend I had to work as well, normally when I have to work on the weekend I usually go into the next week in a good place this time was the total opposite. I needed to fully devote the whole weekend to our house which I could not because I still have some pain and I had to work. I also needed to fully the whole weekend to work just to try to get caught up but the house needed work and it was month end so I could not be logged in for a few hours well month end ran.

As they day went on and things were not getting done as quickly as I would have like I started to spin. My anxiety shot up and I just honestly started to crumble. It probably did not help that I was also in a fair amount of pain yesterday which just made everything seem harder and made my week to come seem impossible.

By late afternoon, I stopped spinning, I gave up on anything around the house and just focused on finishing the work I had to get done over the weekend before we opened today. I am still not sure how my week will pan out, I have multiple locations/multiple people asking me to come and work with them in person, there is one of me and a lot of them and I am overwhelmed but for today I am just going to focus on one thing at a time and see where I get.

Because of my spinning, dinner did not go as planned. I wanted to make a Roast Chicken or Roast Beef but it did not happens so instead we made homemade chicken tenders with home air fryer fries. Today I am undecided, I was going to do a roast chicken or beef today since I am working from home but now I am thinking maybe Beef Stew, so we shall see what happens.

I am also working on those little things around the house I can do well I work. It is a new week, it is Monday, time to reset, refocus and move forward.

Happy Monday everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-isn't your Mum home full time? Surely she can take the load off by doing more of the meals, grocery shopping and housework than you? Perhaps it is time for rebalancing of the workload at home and at work-enough is enough. People can only take advantage of you if you allow it-sorry to be so blunt but....
    I was also going to suggest that you buy less fresh stuff when you shop as it sounds like you are frequently having to throw things out or cut bad pieces off etc. I think it would be nicer to have only a week or so worth of fresh stuff so you can enjoy it all fresh-just a suggestion to save you $. LB

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information