User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By anisa
  • 2 Post By GoodBoy
  • 2 Post By endi2000
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By crafter

Thread: Best store for delivery of new appliances?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Any tips on which retailers have great appliance delivery service, and which retailers to avoid?

I need a new washer, and am trying to keep track of any upcoming sales on the model I have chosen.
    All the retailers seem to offer varying degrees of delivery/removal service.

Does anyone have any personal experiences to share?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO and dededi like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have had good service from Caplan's, albeit for a stove.

https://caplans.ca/

They not only sold it to us, arranged for delivery, installation, and old unit removal.
    anisa and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bro got the 2018 washer and delivery and installation (however, our machine still rocked during spin cycles for heavier items so I had to play remove the shim from under the laundry appliance to minimize the rocking/"walking") from Peter Martin Appliance in Hamilton. They only service the products they sell to customers.

Removal of old washer, plus a wringer washer was $20 for each unit, after new washer was put into place/connected.

https://www.petermartins.ca/

BTW, I learned from my various trips to appliance places that you have to purchase washer hoses every 5 years for your appliance (some insurance issue, I was told--household owners might want to have a coffee/tea and read the fine print). I had wanted to retain the older rubber hoses but the new unit's got new flexible braided metal hoses (fee for them, of course). Old hoses were taken.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Any tips on which retailers have great appliance delivery service, and which retailers to avoid?

I need a new washer, and am trying to keep track of any upcoming sales on the model I have chosen.
    All the retailers seem to offer varying degrees of delivery/removal service.

Does anyone have any personal experiences to share?

Thanks
    Goemans! They even matched the price on an appliance (washer)
    Didn’t have free delivery for the big appliance, but they let us combine 2 appliances on the same delivery. We lived in a condo - the guys agreed to take our old appliance into the hall. (The old appliance worked and we were donating it - but the other company would not come into our unit). I believe they had a nominal fee to take the old unit away.

In another instance - Leons was great with my Mom’s fridge - we were able to tailor the delivery for her. She said the guy was great - careful when moving things - no damage and very polite and respectful.

All interactions have been polite, amenable and going beyond what was expected,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMEO and crafter like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

CAS ( Canadian Appliance Store ). Top notch service, next day delivery was an option. Our new fridge came right at the start of the 4 hour delivery window we were given. Worth it to me was the $20.00 fee they charge to haul out the large behemoth of a fridge we had.
    crafter likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    CAS ( Canadian Appliance Store ). Top notch service, next day delivery was an option. Our new fridge came right at the start of the 4 hour delivery window we were given. Worth it to me was the $20.00 fee they charge to haul out the large behemoth of a fridge we had.
    Agree, they were excellent. Funny, when we bought our stove, we declined the appliance pick up fee. When the delivery guys came, the guy said hey, I'll take that out for you for $20 ... I saved the tax lol.
    Enjoy stocking up your new fridge!
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information