User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes well wishes for your aunt angela .

barbis -i dont think i will order from bed bath and beyond online again ,i feel for your friend about the wayfair problems ,so i will wait and see if my full amount is back in 3 to 5 business days then order from amazon .

Stopped in freshco to stock up on chex cereal $2.88,i price matched my grapes to sobeys ,but to be honest they are not as good as sobeys (sobeys has fresher grapes always )then i price matched cookies to sobeys 1.67 and took a pkg to my very hungry granddaughters when they get off the school bus.lol

I also bought a topical small 4 inch plant reduced 3.49-1.00 sticker was on it =2.49 it doesnt say the name but not direct sunlight .I love indoor plants,they make me happy and i have a pretty good green thumb.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** @Angela273 prayers for your aunt and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My aunt is still in hospital after her major surgery earlier this fall. She is still experiencing a lot of pain. Her new biopsy result today shows cancer. She is having another surgery next week Wednesday.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i a so surprised its already December... its a tad surreal.

i have to get a few things orgaized.. i ned to find a item ... i of course put it somewhere safe....lol. worst comes to worst i will find it on the weekend.

doing a rcss order this weekend. i saw the preview of the flyer... have ya seen the prices of the roasts.. omg!!!! that is insane..
    i am going to try and price match a few items. ... sigh...

next few days will be very busy.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Barbis -guess what Bed bath and beyond credited back my amount but only the sub total i am missing the taxes too-ugggg So i spent another 36 minutes waiting to speak to someone and another half hour on the phone with her ,now she is submitting the additional $17.16 they owe me cause the first incorrect amount of my refund has already gone thru .

I swear wayfair and bed bath and beyond are following the same crappy online service -you can tell your friend she is not alone .I just hope i get credited the full amount in 3-5 business days ,then i will order my daughter's gift from amazon .

SOOO stressful for me .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early this morning and got right to working away. I really need a day to two where I can just knock a bunch of things off and get my plate to be a little more manageable. On certain things I thought I would be further ahead by December 1st and I am not, December really snuck up on me.

We got an email last night that they are coming to replace our stairs today but I am skeptical. It is supposed to rain here all day and the winds are insane, like about to not be in Kansas anymore winds. So, we shall see.

I did not get a chance to really go over the flyers yet but from what I was seeing not really a lot we need. Might just be a run to our local store to grab a few things as we do need Milk. I am planning another Costco trip next week. I wanted my last trip to be last for the year but they did not have a few things we needed and I got a sneak peek of next week's sales and there are a few things I want to stock up on as the prices cannot be beat. I will have to see what day I can make work as I have to work next weekend so that option is out.

Hoping I can knock a ton of work out today and then stop at a reasonable time tonight and try to knock out a few things around the house.

I am loving my pantry, it is so nice to be able to run downstairs and just grab what I need and not have to dig through bags and bins to find what we need. I can also clearly see what we have on hand again which makes restocking so easy. Now when something is on sale I can clearly see if we need more. So happy.

Happy Thursday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

all went smoothly on our flight to Maui-enjoying the ocean, turtles and mahi mahi. Today is whale watching and Costco. Now as long as Canada lets us back in next week all will be well.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Have fun, Hawaii is amazing and any US Costco is fun they carry so many things we do have in Canada.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Surprise, Surprise they just showed up to replace our stairs, fingers-crossed.

Only downside is we had to cancel Mom's appointment to get her Snow Tires on as we cannot leave the house.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie -enjoy your trip my older brother and his wife went to hawaii twice in their lifetime (he is the one who's health is declining now)

Off to the dentist for 2 fillings and $200 later after part coverage as i only have so much coverage left the end of the year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I figure I might as well travel while I can

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Washed one load of laundry and it is hanging up to dry now. Will do a load of whites this weekend once DS brings his towels to the laundry room.
    I want to go to the laundromat tomorrow and wash my large bath mats. They are huge and heavy when wet and really shake my washing machine.

Made a salad and a few buttermilk chicken strips for lunch. Having a banana now because I am hungry again.

Independent and I think Loblaws has the No name cheese bars and shreds on for $2.99 (member pricing) My store had a sign up for a limit of 3. I will stop in a few times over the next few days to stock us up for the winter (my kids eat lots of cheese...wasn't that the saying..want your kids to move out? Stop buying cheese!)

Think I will make a homemade mac and cheese tomorrow to since its great to heat up and eat on the weekend when everyone is on the go and the cheese sale is perfect

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

No feeling so great today at least tomrrow it is friday lol.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am still frozen from 11.15 a.m ,so soup it will be for supper .At least the dentist only cost $75 so i must have had a bit more coverage available .

Last day for us to rake leaves for 3 more months ,so putting a garbage container out .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Though Thursday was windy, the rain held off until almost 4pm! I saw darkening gray clouds after 1pm in Burlington. Was in my happy area-Dollar Tree (went in for pop and bought stuff on my grocery/household list), Shoppers (more pantry items, magazines with personal PC Opt offer, $50 One4All card (see rant in Gift Card deals thread)), then the library (which was relatively quiet-only two other patrons plus about three others on-site. Spotted newspapers! Plan to spend time reading a few when I return my two dvds (was thinking to try tomorrow but I won't get the Discovery discs done without an overnight marathon and I managed only 1 disc tonight) next week. Somehow thought the Grey Cup was on this weekend but it's still over a week away. Must do the return well before next weekend!

No clothing luck at Value Village on Fairview St-did get 2 nylons and one hand towel so as not to waste the visit. No women's t-shirts as racks were needed for the coats. I only saw shopping carts not baskets so rolled a cart around. Kept missing buses when I left the library or store so I kept finding another place to shop/browse. Bought 2 food items at Goodness Me then waited across the street for the bus back to Hamilton.

Decided to disembark on York Blvd and walk through the ghost town that is Hamilton City Centre in order to get my bus in front of Jackson Square. So many closed storefronts in both shopping centres. Stopped for a short visit at Westdale Library and went online for 30min to get some bus schedules printed and tried unsuccessfully to access my new card online. Another Shoppers nearby to add a bus fare and get fruit cups (part of my dinner when I got home). Had dinner and felt like going to sleep by 7pm but I made myself watch Star Trek Discovery. I like how time flows differently in one year-two female characters had massive hair lengths (Burnham about 2ft and Georgiou at least 1 more ft of hair). Usually one can only grow 6 inches of length of hair in a year...? BTW CCH Pounder seems to be appearing in various different shows. She's a Trill in ep. 4 of Season 3 of ST:Discovery. Does anyone else remember her in White Dwarf, a sci-fi film from the 1990s as a nurse on a planet that is half in darkness, half in light?

I'm staying locally tomorrow with perhaps a one-store visit. Saturday has snowshowers in the forecast which will be best endured at home. Have lots to read. And there are things needing mending, & cleaning. Plus, tea!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 (((hugs))) It's difficult for family to see a family member go through health challenges or lots of hospital procedures. Your aunt probably is dealing with her personal emotional load (even grief) as well with each change in her health. And any friends who are close to your aunt are processing their own feelings too.
    I wish your aunt would talk to you and your dad and say what her limit is with surgeries and treatments. Right now, would she be willing to return home to spend Christmas there if home care support/palliative care was provided? Has she or anyone on hospital staff (social worker, chaplain) discussed hospice care and her thoughts on that/referral process or if family will stay with her to care for her? Or does aunt really want to stay in the hospital still because she feels it's best for her?
    Maybe aunt is ready to enjoy her life at home such as it is and prepare for palliative care/hospice move or family to move in with her for caregiving. Does she have any unfinished business to deal with in the family or papers to get done for powers of attorney (health/finances)or will? Are there pets to provide for/rehome if she can no longer handle their care?

(((hugs again with a soft Honeydew pillow added for extra comfort)))
    Giseledta and Angela273 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information