User Tag List

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well we my fit daughter's xmas tree in the back seat of our car and her shovel barely fit in the length of the trunk,as we are going to see her and sebastian and stay the night on sat .

She will be leaving for New York next week for work for 5 or 6 days .So i will be glad to see them .

Another online problem today -i think it was barbis who told me from dec 3-12 that sephora has a 20% discount for the beauty insiders .
    So i called this morning for them to adjust my bill as i bought my daughter's perfume 5 days ago .No they can only adjust to a sale for 3 days only,i told her the gap will adjust my credit card for 7 days -pretty sure its 7-14 days if on sale .Sorry the company said we cant .So if i want to save $12.20 i will need to take it back to the mall or mail it back (i dont want to put anything more in the mail system this time of year).
    So i will try to take it back to the mall even thou i have an appt this afternoon and we are going to toronto til sunday and i am having my brother come on monday with his wife and grandaughter and grandson .
    @
    That is why i am doing online shopping to not go into stores -ugggggg
    @coupongirl if you didn't go into the store today - order online now with your code, as shipping is free and return the original one at your convenience at any Sephora store. Rakuten is offering 2.5% rebate on Sephora's site. The code GIFTEASY is only for beauty insiders (which you can quickly register online for). Don't stress.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Dec 3rd, 2021 at 07:37 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yes well wishes for your aunt angela .

barbis -i dont think i will order from bed bath and beyond online again ,i feel for your friend about the wayfair problems ,so i will wait and see if my full amount is back in 3 to 5 business days then order from amazon .

Stopped in freshco to stock up on chex cereal $2.88,i price matched my grapes to sobeys ,but to be honest they are not as good as sobeys (sobeys has fresher grapes always )then i price matched cookies to sobeys 1.67 and took a pkg to my very hungry granddaughters when they get off the school bus.lol

I also bought a topical small 4 inch plant reduced 3.49-1.00 sticker was on it =2.49 it doesnt say the name but not direct sunlight .I love indoor plants,they make me happy and i have a pretty good green thumb.
    Not sure if you know but there is an app that you can use to scan your plant to determine what the name of it is. My friend showed me and I figured out a few of the different ones in my backyard.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis i will order online next week monday maybe after i return from toronto this weekend and i am an insider member already .

As for the app to find out my plant name -i dont own a cell phone ,so thats okay maybe i will figure it own one day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My Sephora order came in with my birthday beauty insiders gift - Maison Margiela fragrance samples (3 vials and one mini). Looking forward to trying these fragrances. Stayed home today and heated up leftover lasagna for dinner. Tomorrow I take one of my cats for her yearly check up.

Yesterday I picked up 38 AA Energizer batteries for $13.97 plus eco fees @ Walmart. Hopefully they will last longer than the no-name brand I normally buy.

@Ciel not sure if you know that the Burlington library has zero late fees. I don't know if Hamilton does or not, but it has come in handy as I tend to read in spurts. I just finished The Last Apocathery which I enjoyed immensely and had a hard time putting down.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Dec 3rd, 2021 at 07:47 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -the hamilton library doesnt have late fees anymore .I asked the librarian the other day ,she said no late fees we done away with that-so i never knew that .What is that they say -you learn something new each day.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@barbis9 & @Coupon_girl Yes, both library systems have dispensed with late fees but each one might have a different deadline of when that amnesty ends on fees. Given how long it takes for Hamilton to get copies of a recent DVD movie into circulation, I usually also check Burlington's catalogue and place holds there. But once I'm done with the current two dvds, I won't be taking things out of any library physically -only accessing some digital books or read e-magazines online in my browser-- during the rest of fall and winter. This year, I feel that HPL came back strongly as our library with more hours and restoration of most services (except newspapers). I long to linger at a BPL branch and read newspapers next week -TBD.

My timing was really close with getting the dvds and yesterday's winds and my heavy totes all affecting me today (long nap and feeling like I'm struggling today). Just have to watch the weather and move quickly next mid-week for returns.

If Talize is still allowing fitting room access, I'll visit the Hamilton store on my trip next week to see any pants to try on. I am not going to risk buying new pants online at this time of year--mail service is under siege with parcel deliveries for regular items plus holiday gifts.

Sat morning plans-store for groceries & bandages, more Discovery disc viewing & popcorn. Evening-maybe a short at-dusk walk to see some local holiday light displays but I cannot be outside for long as I get cold quickly in mesh runners. More cups of tea...
    Last edited by Ciel21; Fri, Dec 3rd, 2021 at 10:49 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Holy cats man, the price of meat is brutal. I think my very British husband will have to give up his Sunday roast. It’s been ages since I have had a PCO offer to try and bring down the price. I can’t wait to see what the Christmas tenderloin is going to cost. I am about to launch in to full on panic as Christmas is 3 weeks from today and I am so far behind so I have a very long list of what to tackle this weekend and I took Monday as a vacation day. So hopefully by Monday I will feel like I have it under control. .
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Holy cats man, the price of meat is brutal. I think my very British husband will have to give up his Sunday roast. It’s been ages since I have had a PCO offer to try and bring down the price. I can’t wait to see what the Christmas tenderloin is going to cost. I am about to launch in to full on panic as Christmas is 3 weeks from today and I am so far behind so I have a very long list of what to tackle this weekend and I took Monday as a vacation day. So hopefully by Monday I will feel like I have it under control. .
    Yes the meat prices are crazy. The good sales seem to be few and far between. Hoping for good sales in the Spring for summer bbq season stock up. We will be eating from the freezer this winter.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No Name butter is $2.99 at SDM. Only thing I bought in there today. Actually haven't spent much money at SDM in a long while.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Was up early this morning but lacking ambition.

I got up, I planned to get my day started, I had a very modest to-do-list because I wanted to make sure I had some downtime this weekend as this week will be insane.

I did manage to get a double batch of Sour Cream Applesauce Muffins as I had some applesauce in my pantry to use up. I also subbed greek yogurt for sour cream as I have a tub I need to use up. I made a double batch so I can take some into work. The recipe says you get 12 standard muffins, I got 30 with a double batch. I still need to wrap them but had to go get a new plastic wrap from the basement.

I was supposed to dehydrate marshmallows today but think I will tackle that tomorrow.

The weather has been a bit crazy here today. I thought about running to the store because it was sunny, then we rain, then slush, then snow, then sun, then a mini blizzard and now we are back to sun LOL. Gotta love weather in Canada. Think it is a good stay at home kind of day.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Was up early this morning but lacking ambition.

I got up, I planned to get my day started, I had a very modest to-do-list because I wanted to make sure I had some downtime this weekend as this week will be insane.

I did manage to get a double batch of Sour Cream Applesauce Muffins as I had some applesauce in my pantry to use up. I also subbed greek yogurt for sour cream as I have a tub I need to use up. I made a double batch so I can take some into work. The recipe says you get 12 standard muffins, I got 30 with a double batch. I still need to wrap them but had to go get a new plastic wrap from the basement.

I was supposed to dehydrate marshmallows today but think I will tackle that tomorrow.

The weather has been a bit crazy here today. I thought about running to the store because it was sunny, then we rain, then slush, then snow, then sun, then a mini blizzard and now we are back to sun LOL. Gotta love weather in Canada. Think it is a good stay at home kind of day.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    I'm curious as to why you would want to dehydrate marshmallows? What recipe calls for that?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

They are for Hot Chocolate Cookies, it is a Chocolate Cookie topped with Chocolate Chip and dehydrated Marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I'm curious as to why you would want to dehydrate marshmallows? What recipe calls for that?
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - how did the mini waffle maker and hashbrown experiment go..... directions are needed!!!! thanks

ok... I can offically say... i have learned price matching... i am compleatly comfortable with it. so fun.

saved 17.00 on price match.( checked alot of other things just to make sure they had the lowest price)
    6.00 on co 51, 1.25 on ecipsa
    and 40 500 points

I am feeling very very proud of myself.

roasts.. sigh.... none looked decent. none. i was very very disapointed. i would like a few good ones for the freezer. however.. if i cant , i am ok with that

i did pick up another big bag of carrots.. i am using more roast carrots with things... so cheap. good veggie.

my kitchenaid is not in the bestest of shapes.. but it work.. so i cleaned it off, and it is sitting on my counter. i will be using it more.

the inflatables are on the front.. .. i am going to putter in the kitchen and bake some cookies....

tomorrow... playroom... hour or 2 of dc prep... , bake more cookies... family room, and laundry.. also ... dollerama trip.
    i am debating being a very nice person... making a playdough kit for a couple of other providers... maybe.. not sure... maybe...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today I went to the Salvation Army thrift store here in Maui and bought a dress and 2 shirts for $12-best deal going!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel21 This aunt lives with her unmarried brother. They’re my dad’s older siblings. Uncle owns the house (mortgage). He’s caring for the cat. I know that they have both met with a lawyer previously for wills, etc. I have this feeling that Aunty isn’t ready to give up yet, but uncle said the prognosis isn’t good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information