User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta , did not get a chance to try my Hash Browns in my Mini Waffle Maker yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Yes, meat prices are insane. We are doing our best to make out meat stretch. When we use Ground Beef we only use 1/2 lb and add mushrooms where needed to bulk it up. We cut most of our Chicken in Chunks and use 1 breast for both of us added into something.

Stepmom sent a message in the family group chat that bro is hosting Christmas this year and we were all assigned what to bring. I am on desserts which I already knew. I have my plan in place although I did find some vegan muffins I may add to the take home treat bags.

Dinner tonight will be homemade Chicken Tenders with either Homemade Air Fryer Fries or Homemade Air Fryer Wedges and a Caesar Salad. I do not know what it is but I love the combo of BBQ Sauce and Caesar Salad Dressing. Dinner is a bit delayed as the Chicken Tenders were still frozen so I have them in a sink full of cold water.

I need to finish my meal plan for the week. I feel like the question of what's for dinner is haunting me a little lately.

We have 2 more weeks and then we are off for 2 weeks.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Dollar Tree earlier today. I bought some medium sized shiny beads (medium blue, light blue, white), green bells, and craft string. We already had lots of pipe cleaners at home. The kids are now at the dining room table turning it into more Christmas tree ornaments.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still not strong from my surgery i falled 2 time this week...
    barbis9, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

HUgs
    Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Still not strong from my surgery i falled 2 time this week...
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 **HUGS** hope you feel better soon
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and slowly getting my morning started. Set the PVR for the week and enjoying a cup of tea before I dive in head first.

I would like to get some kitchen stuff done but Mom also needs to the kitchen as she needs to deal with that 25 lb pail of cherries she took our earlier this week. On that note I still need to organize the Chest Freezer.

We did get some snow but not nearly as much as they were calling for. We were supposed to get 10 - 15 cm looks like a small dusting maybe a couple cm. So I will shovel and clear the cars off later today.

Honestly, I wish the world would stop turning for a little bit so I could try to catch up just a bit. I am feeling overwhelmed which makes me want to shut down. I could just pull the covers over me and hide but not going to happen. Time to see what I can get done.

Happy Sunday Everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 hoping you rest and feel better soon (((HUGS)))
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Off to the mall. I am not a fan of online shopping and I live 2 minutes from the mall. It’s not a big mall but we have H&M and Roots and that’s all I need. Then if they don’t have what I need they can bring it to the store. The younger son is putting up the tree today so then I can put the totes away and pet my house back together.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are away on a warm holiday so cannot get in the Xmas mood yet-of course there are Xmas carols playing etc but not feeling it yet.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Angela273 praying for your Aunt and all concerned. @cath007 praying for your continued health issues.
    We will all get through what we’re all experiencing in life right now.Just take it a day/hour/minute at a time.Whatever works best for you! Blessings my friends!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ooh, I totally agree on the mixed up weather in Ontario! It will be windy and raining like a rock band (tonight with chance of freezing rain in the morning. The wind yesterday was a no-go for me. Have to pop out to at least one of two stores today or else I will be stuck without for two days.
    @lizzie bargain Love your thrift adventure while on vacation!
    @Angela273 That's a relief your Aunt has someone at home with her and they have their wills in order. Might be good to make this Christmas really special somehow for her and Uncle and their cat.
    @cath007 Do you know if its a nutrition issue or a reaction to the surgery anesthesia that is causing your falls? Since you are feeling not so great, do let the dental clinic know what's been going on since you left the appointment. It's worth noting on your patient record. Have you been able to eat this week or is it too hard with solid foods?
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One4All prepaid card acts like a Visa card online. The 4 digit at the start of the card number should have been the tip-off but the card numbering is not done in 4 groups of 4 digits, which makes the process confusing for online use or telephone balance checks.

I made sure to use up the card in one order and the balance somewhere else yesterday. Lesson learned from this purchase!

Have to head out while my body can manage (quite sore and feeling like sagging) and with only a tote bag to keep purchases reasonably easy to carry.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I love online shopping when it works.I love the pj capris i got from the bay 9.49 after 15%off seniors day (they have a cuff but it is so loose and because i am 5'4 they fall 2 inches above my ankle .

Just got in from toronto,lovely hour drive there and back.I loved seeing my grandson and did 4 loads of laundry for my dear daughter(she in turn gave me a sleep set a tank and loose capris tiger print size large and they fit me -mom i know you like loose pants to sleep in they were hers but she gave them to me)

So now the problem of sleepwear for me is settled and i dont need anymore for awhile .lol
    My dear daughter made homemade pizza and i was suppose to bring a glass container home -nope forgot it in the fridge-uggggg

Yes roasts are too expensive for my liking so we eat a fair amount of fish ,pasta and chicken .

Nice to be home ,just got into my pjs and will relax after i put a load of towels in .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am able to enjoy solid food but not too much.Will see how this week goes.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked DS up at work just after 3pm and it has been snowing heavily since. We moved the desk over in garage (oldest DS needs to get rid of it as he picked it up this summer and changed his mind!) So I parked in the garage till we have to leave at 5 for a hockey game about 25 mins away which isn't bad (last night was further away and not a fun drive!)
    Apparently we are expecting freezing rain at midnight so I wanted to make sure I could park in the garage when we got home from hockey.

I just had lunch (late) leftover pasta with salad. Our 6pk romaine hearts is pretty much done- enough lettuce for DS's sandwich the next few days for his lunch. I see the price at RCSS is $7.99 this week. I will be hitting Costco next weekend so will grab some there if it is nice. I need a few days break from salad anyway.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Dec 5th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information