User Tag List

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter -yes they have a code on seniors day at the bay and you just put it in the coupon or promo section and it takes the 15% off (cant remember what it was).So it was free shipping the other day also so i didnt have to spend $99 to get free shipping as i dont have their credit card anymore.

Had a lovely evening with my brother from london and his wife and 2 grandkids age 16 and 22(the 22 year old drove them here )as my brother has a genetic disease from my dear mom which has caused some blindness.I drove them over to see the oldest brother with health problems (boy their apartment was soo hot not use to that)we stayed an hour then off to swiss chalet for supper at 8.00 p.m .My sister-in-law from london treated us ,i tried but she said next time .
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel my uncle is keeping his circle small and Aunty is still in the hospital. I don’t think they want company right now and they live 5hrs away from us. We haven’t travelled to see any relatives since before Covid started 2yrs ago.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve continued in my teaching position. My contract has been extended until December 10. It might get extended further. Work meeting after school on Thursday.

Dh didn’t get home from work until 9pm tonight. He’s looking forward to the week he booked off work during our Christmas break this year.

Tomorrow is 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys.

Yesterday for lunch ds and I made waffles, breakfast sausages, whipped cream, and fruit.
    Suppef was roast beef, gravy, mashed BP potatoes, lemon baked potatoes, steamed California veggies, fresh sliced apple, and fresh sliced orange.
    Tonight I made wiener and bean soup, ds’ favourite. Had it with toast and milk.
    Tomorrow is leftovers.
    Wednesday might be fruit smoothie with banoc.
    Thursday is taco salad or soft tacos.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Package two of the stuffed peppers was lunch for me yesterday. I had slept in as I felt really achy from my walk on Sunday plus I had a touch of head cold as well. Felt tight right under my chin plus nose was feeling half-stuffed. Was a bit worried given my breathing issues but managed to drink fluids in the morning and stayed in bed.
    Decided despite the wind that was going on, I had to rake some of the leaves that I keep complaining about. Of course big powder snow pellets kept salting down with wind gusts then stopped falling. Got three bags of leaves (almost full) plus some fallen branches put away for now. Will see how tomorrow is for raking. Having somewhat frozen leaves helps to control them better in a wind.

There's a funeral I'd like to attend if weather conditions permit. The alternate plan is to stop at the cemetery later in the week when I return my dvds-the stop is on the way to the library. I cannot risk a night visitation-too risky for me. Definitely am feeling like I am losing more strength (pain has been increasing too) so I have to get the away stuff done this week.
    @crafter I was looking at The Bay's website and there's an online sale Dec 6&7 only where using the code FRIENDS on items marked as such is either a 20% off code if paying with HBC neo card or 15% off if paying by other means (10% off Home items). So it's like anyone shopping today (Tuesday) is getting the Senior's Discount but online only. In-store, it should be the regular Senior's Day as this is the first Tuesday of December. Many flyer items of interest to me had weekend only discounts but I spent my prepaid card elsewhere and regret that decision now!
    @lizzie bargain I had seen warnings of flooding for Hawaii and had wondered if your vacation would be impacted. Hope you still were able to walk a bit yesterday and felt safe where you are. Forgot to ask if the thrift store you visited had fitting rooms available? It's strange to know Value Village here does not have them anymore--certainly will cut down on impulse clothing buys on things I cannot try on!
    Latest update on the ArriveCan app situation-new rules for travellers who cannot get ArriveCan working or do not use online access-can give details to border officials (politicians have been taking heat for issues with app & border officials): Travellers who've forgotten to use ArriveCan app can now give details at the border (msn.com)
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tuesday plans: get 1 hour of errands (wearing some woolen items as I'm feeling the chill!) done in morning, iron laundry & put it away. Make oatmeal for breakfast and have a cup of tea.
    Afternoon-see what needs doing at home with rest break if necessary.

No, I have not won anything from recent contests entered in the past week. Still entering just in case it's my turn to win treasure.
    barbis9, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not sure what is up, I slept last night but feeling super tired today. Didn't want to get up, although with that being said in my world that means getting up at 6 am instead of 5 am LOL. I am struggling to get going but it is a work from home day so going to try to push through some computer stuff.

Good news is we did not get the snow they were calling for. We were supposed to get 15 cm we only got a light dusting which is good because Mom goes to get her snow tires today. I was worried we would get the 15 cm and she wouldn't be able to go get her snow tires.

Last night for dinner I made Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash, this has become a favourite in our house and it is so easy to make and so few dishes, I love it.

Tonight for dinner, I am thinking one pot gnocchi chicken pot pie, only thing is I want to make dinner rolls to do with it and that might be a bit more work than I want to take on today. I should have made them on the weekend but Mom was using the kitchen and I did not have anywhere to set up the bread machine. Maybe if I put them in the bread machine, Mom will finish them by rolling them.

Going to make a second cup of tea and I hope that brings my ambition.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks @Ciel for the HBC friends discount tip. It truly is amazing how much one can save with help from fellow canucks. Appreciate the input

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-there was flooding and road closures here-and emergency alerts to our cell phone all night long 2 nights ago but we are good. The thrift store did not have change rooms so I just tried stuff on over my clothes in front of a mirror. How that is any safer I have no idea but the ladies told me I could do it-kind of silly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! @SassyAshley - I think we got your snow! Another snow day for our kids.
    Oldest DS was up at 9 ready to go out and shovel and then saw it and said it was too much lol. He went and got his brother and we all went out and took care of it. Then oldest made us a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs (with onion/peppers/mushrooms) and toast. Was yummy. Now I will do the dishes

I will pop out later today afterwork to Independant for more cheese bars ($2.99 I can't pass that up) and take a walk downtown while I am there. I will make sure to bundle up since it is near the water and cool. We don't really need any groceries - making do with what we have.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://www.save.ca/pg742

FPC for No Frills only for Downy/ Gain beads @lilo0 03 @cath007 @coupon girl @Frugalbigmama @crafter @Ciel21 @SassyAshley @Angela279
    Last edited by flemeth; Tue, Dec 7th, 2021 at 01:09 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Last edited by flemeth; Tue, Dec 7th, 2021 at 01:10 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Ordered mine

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Thanks! I won't use these in my machine as I was told they aren't good for it but I will donate it to the foodbank if I receive the coupon
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks flemeth -got one

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is ground beef with onions/mushrooms and gravy with green beans and a few waffle fries. We are out of potatoes but I see GT has 10lbs for under $2 so good timing. I will pop in tomorrow!

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information