User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the week is done...
    i have a busy weekend. but that is ok.. Monday is final dc kids parents gift prep. . most turned out really well. I have tues and wed as my back up days. i do know 1 child will be working on them monday ..

this weekend, i need stocking stuff. pet store for big puppies special treats. ect ect. it will be good to get it all done.
    spoke to my youngest on the phone.. so nice to hear her voice.

plan is leftovers tonight for supper.

is anyone else concerned about the rising cost of groceries.... Breakfast television had a report yesterday that grocery prices will be 966 more for a family of 4... next year... ugh..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    the week is done...
    i have a busy weekend. but that is ok.. Monday is final dc kids parents gift prep. . most turned out really well. I have tues and wed as my back up days. i do know 1 child will be working on them monday ..

this weekend, i need stocking stuff. pet store for big puppies special treats. ect ect. it will be good to get it all done.
    spoke to my youngest on the phone.. so nice to hear her voice.

plan is leftovers tonight for supper.

is anyone else concerned about the rising cost of groceries.... Breakfast television had a report yesterday that grocery prices will be 966 more for a family of 4... next year... ugh..
    Yes we heard a similar report on groceries. I think they were mentioning it will cost 15,000 a year for a family of 4 for food. That's more than half of what many make pre tax in a year. . It's tough as well since the manufacturer's don't seem to be marketing as much with coupons either.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening. I had a fantastic day and got out to play music this afternoon.

I also put together a box of food donations. Speaking of which... what are people's thoughts to starting a thread posting what we've helped out the community or donated this holiday time? Eg Toys, food, time etc.. We as a group, are generous people and it would be nice to see what others are doing to help out where they live. I'm just not sure how to start it so could someone start the thread and locate it in the right place...hint, hint Ciel

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , the weight of the purchase with amazon should not matter. If the product shows free shipping and you spend over $35 there should not be a shipping charge unless you requests above standard shipping (ie express).

@Giseledta yes, I am concerned about how much they say groceries will rise. I am already noticing the sales on things we use are more scarce and the sale prices are going up. I know a lot of people are like oh it is just 50 cents here, 75 cents there but that adds up quickly.

I have noticed a few good sales this Holiday Season and am taking advantage and stocking up where I can.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Opps double post.

Got a pleasant surprise this afternoon. I was in the office doing some inventory stuff and was told I do not need to go until 8 am tomorrow. Normally I have to be there for 6 am so that was a nice surprise.

On the way home I stopped at No Frills, they had a few things I wanted on sale, got:
    2 x Raspberries
    1 x Blackberries
    1 x Green Onions
    2 x Mangos
    2 x Eggs (they were automatically matching Wal-Mart's Price)
    2 x Flour 10 Kgs bags

Then I went out with Mom, at Wal-Mart we got:
    2 x Eggs
    1 x Orange Juice
    1 x Buttermilk
    4 x Sour Cream

Next to Freshco we got:
    2 x Whole Chickens
    2 x Fresh Rosemary
    1 x Avocados 6-pack
    1 x Limes 3 Lbs
    2 x Orzo Pasta
    1 x Pickles - Only need the brine, Mom said she would turn them into Deep Fried Pickles
    1 x Pre-Grated Parmesan - Not my thing but I need it for a recipe

Everything was on sale and I am happy with our shop
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Dec 10th, 2021 at 06:56 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Opps double post.

Got a pleasant surprise this afternoon. I was in the office doing some inventory stuff and was told I do not need to go until 8 am tomorrow. Normally I have to be there for 6 am so that was a nice surprise.

On the way home I stopped at No Frills, they had a few things I wanted on sale, got:
    2 x Raspberries
    1 x Blackberries
    1 x Green Onions
    2 x Mangos
    2 x Eggs (they were automatically matching Wal-Mart's Price)
    2 x Flour 10 Kgs bags

Then I went out with Mom, at Wal-Mart we got:
    2 x Eggs
    1 x Orange Juice
    1 x Buttermilk
    4 x Sour Cream

Next to Freshco we got:
    2 x Whole Chickens
    2 x Fresh Rosemary
    1 x Avocados 6-pack
    1 x Limes 3 Lbs
    2 x Orzo Pasta
    1 x Pickles - Only need the brine, Mom said she would turn them into Deep Fried Pickles
    1 x Pre-Grated Parmesan - Not my thing but I need it for a recipe

Everything was on sale and I am happy with our shop
    Nice shop Sassy Ashley, well planned.

p.s. if you haven't already, you can load .50 for an eggs offer on Websaver.ca cashback for both Walmart and NO Frills into your wallet (Hopefully still available I added last week). You can then submit your receipt on your phone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks for the reply sassy -i just realized i was charged $5.99 then it was -$5.99 under shipping .So i didnt pay shipping .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My aunt had another surgery two days ago. The surgeons didn’t have to remove as large of an area as initially suspected. My aunt has an aggressive form of skin cancer abd they expect the skin cancer to return. Her prognosis isn’t good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My temporary full-time teaching contract continues to get extended. My position continues until the end of next week. The school and school division haven’t decided what their plan is in January.

My kids want to assemble a cookie house tomorrow. It is supposed to reach +2 or +3 this weekend. I’m hoping to build in the snow with our kids. We’ll see what they want to build.

I managed to make the tests and answer key to two student exams while at the school this week, which means I won’t have to do as much school work at hone this weekend. Like many teachers, I often spend a chunk of my home time prepping or marking for the week ahead.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    p.s. if you haven't already, you can load .50 for an eggs offer on Websaver.ca cashback for both Walmart and NO Frills into your wallet (Hopefully still available I added last week). You can then submit your receipt on your phone.
    @crafter how does the websaver.ca rebate work? Is there an app to download and submit the receipt?
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 so sorry to hear about your aunt. Prayers

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have my list in hand and I am about to tackle my day. I realized if I drive to another city I can do one mall for everything left on my list and they have a no frills. I have an offer of spend 125.00 get 12500 points and with the increasing price of groceries I am going to try and take advantage of that. As someone pointed out there is a lack of good coupons so now my strategy is to maximize the rewards programs.
    I had a chat with the 21 yr old yesterday as he had also read the article on the rise in food we will see next year. It’s great to see he is interested. He is the one that cooks so it’s helpful that he pays attention to food prices.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @crafter how does the websaver.ca rebate work? Is there an app to download and submit the receipt?
    Hi Angela273. Websaver.ca has digital cpns or cashback depending on the store. They dont have an official app for your phone but if you type in websaver.ca on google etc and login you can submit your receipt. You might be able to submit via your computer as well.. I use my cell for simplicity
    Step 1 load offers to your wallet (note you can load the same offers on multiple stores )
    Step 2 pull up offers in your wallet you want to claim
    Step 3 Submit your receipt
    Receive cashback weekly via paypal on Tuesdays or opt for Interac transfers once you hit the minimum.
    Here are some pics

It's a bit fiddly at the beginning but handy once you get used to it. Ps you can load tasty rewards and kelloggs offers too.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Free Huggies Wipes!Coupon valid only at NOFRILLShttps://www.save.ca/huggies987/coupons
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://www.save.ca/huggies987

Today day 11 Christmas Haul for No Frills FPC for Huggies Baby wipes

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information