User Tag List

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was the store FreeStone Produce?
    I saw it in the news and was impressed by some of the prices mentioned.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes it sure was.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did some of the planned raking but was not doing it all. Last two bags were filled and I had to use a not-quite-so-full bag to stuff the remainder of a pile into it. Long nap with some Diet Pepsi afterwards as part of usual recovery (my body is really feeling things these days-not spry very much...unless there's a treat or incentive!). Just did a search for any under $3/5pk of bags and Lowes remains the best deal (Fortinos is charging $3.29/5pk and Home Hardware $3.49). Will see what I can do with 5 more bags!

Best find of late last night-reading the headlines on local daily paper online and finding out the City of Hamilton is letting residents have yard waste bag collections until Dec.24 because of the weekend windstorm damage! HURRAH-worth setting the alarm clock early to get the several bags out to the roadside. Came thisclose to not reading the paper.
    @barbis9 Thanks for the bag tips for Giant Tiger and the House of Gucci review (a movie I'd like to see)! Still have to register for VIP status at GT as I did not when I set up online account for one store order in 2021. @flemeth Thanks for your Giant Tiger bag refund tips too!
    @coupon girl I'm still looking for small size freezer bags. Thanks for your store finds! Took a glance at the No Name freezer bags and they are actually medium-size but still a deal at $2.99 (not available at my local store; goes to show that it's worth looking at different locations for stock/clearance). I probably should try a large Rexall store-usually they have a couple of clearance shelves for food/personal care/cleaning products. Rexall clearance was where I first found clearance Ziploc snack bags and that was good enough for me at the time (now I usually try Longo's clearance area for bag finds).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Setback on paper yard waste bags-most Lowes stores in area do not have them! Must be kidding! I will check an endcap tomorrow; ditto GT as online shows 0 in stock at local store(they were in the back last month-Burlington GT has hundreds of them but store is out of my way) as both stores are in the same big box area. Just stunned...last winter, I was able to get Lowes bags as they were shelved near one checkout.

Cdn Tire might just get my $ after all (nearby as well). Walmart's site is only showing results for reusable plastic yard waste totes-not what I am looking for.

Actually, I should jot down that I need to stockpile yard waste bags for 2022.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Further on @Skippy 's post about turkey deals: Check your Fortinos flyer for pricing. The Ancaster flyer is showing Butterball or PC Butter Infused turkey for $1.69/lb until Wed. on page one.
    https://www.fortinos.ca/print-flyer?...20ON,%20Canada
    Skippy, Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yippee, we have servers again, looks like they came back around 9:30 last night. I was a sleep but noticed when my alarm went off at 5, we were getting emails so up I got to finish prepping for today's meetings.

My goal for 2021 was to be more organized, as much as I try sometimes my job just laughs at me. I only found out about these meeting Sunday Evening so by the time I go all the info I needed it was noon and by 2 the servers were down. Grrrr

I did not get much done last night. I am just overtired in general right now. Friday cannot come quick enough, I really need to be on shut down.

Mom mentioned something about needing to go to Wal-Mart, she forgot some stuff last week when we went. I was thinking of going today since I will be out anyways but I forgot about my third meeting this afternoon, so maybe tomorrow.

Mom and Bro has decided on Christmas on the 23rd, Boxing Day did not work for Bro and his Fiancee. I have no idea what we are having for dinner, Mom offered to cook it but wants someone else to choose what we are having. Bro & Fiancee do not care so now she is looking at me and I have no clue. I have ruled out Turkey as one they are super expensive this year and two we are having a Chicken Christmas Day. Beef is also out as we are having Beef at Dad's, we always have sauerbraten, it is our German tradition. Sounds like Ham is out as well, ugggg. Legit I would be good with anything but I can tell Mom wants the big meal and I am at a loss.

Oh well, it is a new day, I have 3 meetings and let's see what else I can get done.

Happy Tuesday everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, crafter and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley what about making pork tenderloin for your dinner. It goes great with stuffing (we use stove top brand) and then have roasted root vegetables.

Well today I waged a war with dust. Our house gets so dusty in the winter. It's frustrating since we had the ducts cleaned, changed furnace filter, use an air cleaner in our living room. DH likes to use the robotic vaccum which is great but it doesn't clean the baseboards. I just used a micro cloth this morning to dust them and it was amazing how much dust it picked up.

(I have to dust or swiffer before I get my dog out of the bedroom....whenever he sees the swiffer or a blue micro cloth, he think's "the games have started" and he tries to catch the cloth).
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Last night i thought it was raining at 11.30,nope here was a possum the size of a small cat in my recycle blue bin on my back porch digging thru my bins .I guess in the cold winter i am just lazy and dont want to walk to the side of the house.lol but i will now.First world problems .

Now i put my bins down at the side of the house near my gate.

You see my garage doesnt have a door into the house.A the joys of living in a suburb .No i dont want to put down moth balls because i have small grandkids that do come to my house and play outside.

I did read they hate vicks so i may rub a bit around my tall blue boxes.They also get into my compost bin sometimes even thou i have bungee cords on it.I wish we had the twist top lock kind of bins like my daughter has in toronto

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Last night i thought it was raining at 11.30,nope here was a possum the size of a small cat in my recycle blue bin on my back porch digging thru my bins .I guess in the cold winter i am just lazy and dont want to walk to the side of the house.lol but i will now.First world problems .

Now i put my bins down at the side of the house near my gate.

You see my garage doesnt have a door into the house.A the joys of living in a suburb .No i dont want to put down moth balls because i have small grandkids that do come to my house and play outside.

I did read they hate vicks so i may rub a bit around my tall blue boxes.They also get into my compost bin sometimes even thou i have bungee cords on it.I wish we had the twist top lock kind of bins like my daughter has in toronto
    Do you have any spices that you can sprinkle inside the container?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My letter arrived today about my princess Margaret prize. I wish it was something significant but it's a Bluetooth speaker. I didn't realize that you can no longer get the cash value at Best Buy like you did in the past. It's a great cause, so I will have a speaker now for my bedroom.

A friend was hit by a car last week, so I hope to pop in to see her. @Ciel be careful while you are out walking. Also a young girl got hit by a car in Oakville the other day. I wish drivers would be more careful and pay attention to the road.

I got a 50% off coupon on the No Frills 24 days promotion today. Will come in handy as I do need laundry detergent soon.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis yes spices could work maybe .

My amazon pan with lid came for my daughter's xmas gift -mind you i paid about 15.00 more than bed bath and beyond but it is in great shape.I also tried to buy local calling 7 or 8 kitchen type stores or warehouses in my area (nope they all had supply chain issues ).So this made my day.

Only need to buy a gift card from a local spa as a last gift .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 prayers for your friend
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

it was the final appointement with my psychologist tonight ..dont know how i feel about that...my files will be still open for 3 month if i am still in need tought
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the presents for the parents are nearly done.. 2 tiny 2 min items , and wrapping... i hate wrapping... really really hate wrapping... yet tomorrow i will be wrapping with 5 kids under 3.5 yrs of age... think about that insanity for a solid moment...

then the presents will magically leave my home... bliss... joy... and we will be back to our more child centered activities then the teacher directed that this entailed... bliss ... bliss bliss..
    plan is .. reindeer food, jingle bell necklaces... , pizza on friday..

then i am off for a week and a half. ... a week and a half... my plan is to spend the first 4 days.... cleaning.. cleaning. everything. .... properly....
    i am rapidly losing patience with things not being done... properly... i want a super good deep clean ...
    yes that sounds grumpy.. but in the end the house will sparkle and i will be happy... and wont stress other people out but complaining when they do it ...

i am also hoping maybe to go to the pop up clinic for my booster. ... sat am .. might be worth while..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta Enjoy the cuteness of the little ones doing things with you! Everyone was wee and endearing like Baby Yoda.
    Very much like your "This is the way" goal with other holiday prep. Mom is doing her version of household cleaning just days before St. Nicholas day and its taking time but she wants the tasks done.
    @barbis9 I try to have at least two reflective or metallic things on me or my tote to make myself known to drivers/cyclists whenever I walk (I'm that pedestrian that gives lagging to turn left on advance green drivers the eye). Given what you have written in your post, I will endeavour to locate that one disc from the dollar store that never worked and use it as a mirror to beam back any headlights. Some drivers on my road don't always give me space but a glare from a surface gets their eye-tention ASAP. When I was in Burlington this afternoon as dusk was deepening, I noticed most pedestrians in the area were wearing dark or very muted tones with hardly any distance-visible reflective armbands or panels on jackets/coats. Even a cyclist with LED headlight and rear lamp was kind of hard to see (dark apparel) as the bike lights are only really noticeable at short distances (fortunately no near misses in the curb lane with vehicles as cyclist rode past the bus stop I was at) and they look intermittent and weak.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information