User Tag List

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta Enjoy the cuteness of the little ones doing things with you! Everyone was wee and endearing like Baby Yoda.
    Very much like your "This is the way" goal with other holiday prep. Mom is doing her version of household cleaning just days before St. Nicholas day and its taking time but she wants the tasks done.
    @barbis9 I try to have at least two reflective or metallic things on me or my tote to make myself known to drivers/cyclists whenever I walk (I'm that pedestrian that gives lagging to turn left on advance green drivers the eye). Given what you have written in your post, I will endeavour to locate that one disc from the dollar store that never worked and use it as a mirror to beam back any headlights. Some drivers on my road don't always give me space but a glare from a surface gets their eye-tention ASAP. When I was in Burlington this afternoon as dusk was deepening, I noticed most pedestrians in the area were wearing dark or very muted tones with hardly any distance-visible reflective armbands or panels on jackets/coats. Even a cyclist with LED headlight and rear lamp was kind of hard to see (dark apparel) as the bike lights are only really noticeable at short distances (fortunately no near misses in the curb lane with vehicles as cyclist rode past the bus stop I was at) and they look intermittent and weak.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There are new prizes on the Chapman’s website. I’d personally like them to bring back the adult sized masks. They are my favourite and I frequently wear them while teaching.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Struck out on yard waste bags at No Frills and Food Basics at Upper James and Mohawk Rd (Hamilton) and I did not want to pay $3.49 at Cdn Tire.
    On way home, I still had 45min left on my second fare transfer and thought a detour to big box land was in order. Decided to seize the opportunity to see what Home Depot offered.
    Geniuses! The 5pk bags and 20pk bags were in bins at the entryway where customers get carts! Think the cart attendant in the area was wondering about this customer excited to find paper bags in Dec. Price matches what GT charged (as well as Lowes) earlier this year for 5pk-$2.89. SCORE!!! Stock-up, Hamilton! Rain is expected tomorrow but Thursday or Friday might suit for the last rally of the leaves and fallen stuff.

Did a short visit to Sobeys and decided on a package of ready-to-heat samosas with pea and potato filling for supper plus another 99 cent shopping bag (which will be used for items to be donated this week). The new boutique (Rachel something) at Sobeys has basically taken over the front half aisle of the vitamin/supplements section preceding the Natural Foods area. New signage and lots of white--I was expecting to see some kind of gift set wall or Shoppers-type seasonal gifts (I only checked one side of the area, not the other side)-ah, no.

When I was in Jackson Square after 5pm, I saw about 2/3 of the storefronts were already closed or empty. Rexall did not have any of the P-stamp packs left for the 10% off promotion. Oh well.

At the Aldershot library, I sat down to catch up on the past 3-4 days' worth of local and Toronto papers (former mayor Lastman's passing got one full page in Sunday Star's front section, page 3). Absolute bliss. Had promised myself a stint of skimming/reading the papers on this last visit of the year.

Now all of my physical library items at two systems have been returned. There's a book hold waiting for me but I'll let it expire. Have to see if there are any e-books to check out this week. There are lots of magazine options-best to read them the same day I borrow them. I have tended to forget they are on my account for 7-14 days until a few hours before they have to be returned.

The last bus I was on-driver had a lead foot. He missed my stop and I sat gripping my seat to see if he'd stop at the next one-he did. Back door was over 1/2m away from curb. I said as much and he wanted me to use front door. It was apparent he was keen to get his last run done and return to the garage. So I managed to see more holiday lights than intended on the walk home! Glad for my winter layers-the wind was like snow going to drop and walking over the bridge just emphasized it.

Think I'll skip the Xmas party item pickup next week. One of two items will not be available until a later date due to the items being stuck in BC after the flooding events. I got 4 of the same event e-mails regarding the party within 2hours today. No specific response about my picking item at entrance. Guess the party committee is busy this week getting ready for 3 days of pickups.

Tomorrow's word is TEA (going to keep it flowing).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Dec 14th, 2021 at 10:51 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Change in plans, I was supposed to have a meeting with a manager to over inventory but it is one of those day, they have staff away so they won't have time to spend with me. So now today is a work from home day.

I am starting to plan when I can make what for Christmas. It is always a struggle between getting it all done but not making anything too early so it stays fresh. I think I am going to take Saturday off but either Sunday or Monday I will start with the Candies as they can be made ahead of time, then roll into cookies, then the desserts.

I have a lot I would like to get done but at the same time I am trying not to focus on it too much as it is a bit overwhelming. Just happy we are not hosting this year so I do not have to worry about guests coming over.

Just trying to push through to Friday but it is a catch 22. I want it to be Friday as then we are on Shut Down but if all of my work is not done by Friday I will have to work through Shut Down to get it done. The joys of being in a department of me, myself & I. Nice thing will be come Shut Down I can work on my own schedule so that will be nice.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all,

Went out for dinner with my bestie last night. We went out of town so it was nice to go for a drive and chat there and back. (she drove so I got to relax )
    Came home and oldest DS was making Chicken Parm for everyone (he told me he would make dinner for his brother since he was planning on cooking) I had bought 2 packages of chicken at GT the other day (3 BLSL breasts in each) and he sliced them in 1/2 so it went far. He said they were huge. He cooked them in the air fryer and the house smelled yummy!

Tonight we are deep cleaning the family room and then finally decorating the tree (yeah we haven't done it yet!) Will also make a nice dinner- Chicken and garlic shrimp, mushrooms/onions, green beans and ceaser salad.

I am finishing up laundry now (towels to fold and put away) and then I will dry DS's comforter he put in the washer this morning.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giant Tiger fans-the website has a Winter Clearance banner on the home page. Some apparel is web only. Saw a few women's puffer type jackets listed but sizes/colours vary. (In a related note, Reebee is doing three gift cards of $250 for GT today! See Contests page.)

Gray & wet morning and surprisingly cold. Did some more branch pickups-will have to rake some areas on drier day as broken small branches are scattered everywhere.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Don't forget to save any PC offers you want to push forward.

@crafter- Classico Alfredo sauce is 2 for $5 at No Frills starting tomorrow. Maybe you have a PC offer as I do since I have bought it in the past.

GT has Delmonte canned veggies on for .97 for anyone starting to stock up on things like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    There are new prizes on the Chapman’s website. I’d personally like them to bring back the adult sized masks. They are my favourite and I frequently wear them while teaching.
    @Angela273 do you have a photo of the mask? I've never been to the Chapman's website, thanks for posting this.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just raked a bunch of branches up off mine and neighbours lawn as the leaf collection is extended in our city this week and i think next week.

I am making up the basket i give my hairdresser with a 10.00 walmart giftcard.There is a few less items in the basket this year as a lot of items are not that cheap anymore along with a sea shell box of chocolates.Cant wait to get my haircut on thursday .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just booked a day at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain for my bestie and I in April! There was nothing available to book before then. We went in March 2019 and booked March 2020 but of course that day was canceled. The price has gone up again. $418.10 for the 2 of us. 1 hr massage each and then we have access to the hot baths. We do get reimbursed some from benefits but geez that is crazy. And of course they take the full cost as deposit now. It is our little splurge that we were going to do once a year but now want to do a few times a year. It really is relaxing.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow the gap order had a rush sticker on it ordered dec12 and i got today nice of them to rush it at no extra cost to me minus the socks which the girl told me are coming from B.C so that may take awhile .lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS and I just deep cleaned the family room. It needed it so bad and it is so clean now.
    Also- I went to use my treadmill a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work. I was hoping one of the kids just blew a fuse so was going to try another plug. While cleaning I found the safety key- so that was why it wouldn't work! So happy now that I know it is ok and I can start using it again now that the winter weather will be back again.
    All the couch blankets are in the washing machine now and I will hang them to dry over night. Next I am putting a load of pillows in the washer with bleach (extra pillows we use on couch.) will let them air dry and put covers on them.
    DS is not allowed to eat in there anymore!!!

Dinner is all ready to go. Chicken is in the oven and everything else is ready to go. Dishes all cleaned as I go.

New dishwasher is being installed tomorrow finally We moved it to the kitchen so it is ready ( and in sight so it has to be done tomorrow )
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Dec 15th, 2021 at 05:46 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

looking forward and counting the days until the christmas hollidays begin hahah
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

presents are out the door!!!! parents have thiers and each child has theirs..!! i am happy!!

Oldest got us a slot at her shoppers for a booster shot!!!
    I am a tad pleased.

tonight i am relaxing.. tomorrow i am making pizza with the dc kids for lunch. the kids will be happy!

supper tonight was homemade h helper.... making extra pizza dough at lunch time for supper tomorrow night.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A student in my core French class surprised me with a Christmas gift bag. It had chocolates, a card, and a $50 pre-paid credit card. I was surprised and very much appreciated the gift. He wrote “Thank you for making class fun.” Inside the card. I definitely thanked him.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information