User Tag List

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No frills had the peameal chunks on for $2 LB. I have a few in the freezer but grabbed 2 @ $3.25 each. I think I will go buy more. This will be the new bacon in our house as the price is good and it goes far.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama, I grabbed 3 peameal on Thursday for Mom

The snow has started here, started around 9 am, they are calling for 10 cm. I am hoping for less, I have been happy to not have to shovel.

Did my grocery shopping in the basement to get started on Christmas stuff.

Decided Dinner will be Meatloaf (pulled from the freezer), Mashed Potatoes and veggies (TBD).

Still trying to my ambition, I think my body is reminding me we were supposed to take today off, but plans change.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mac and cheese going into the oven. Felt like a bit for lunch

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am very touched and blessing that covid dont stop my auntie (marraine) to see me and bring me a whole fruits cake with nut and honestly it is the best one and some sucre a la creme and some homemade beets and some homemade fruits chow chow too yum and a 50$ in a giftcard and my father got a celebration ticket .!!! The 50$ will be used for Christmas food And she repeated 3 time how proud of me she is ..that is truly priceless
    and yes that made my day
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. did 2 rooms of housework.. then did my intown running around. .. dropped off moms stuff.. bought her a couple things..

submitted recipts.. found a peg and fixed something that has been annoying me for a year.

off to deep clean the bathroom... it will feel good to get that sparkly. ...
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

First time i post a thing to sell on kijiji ....it s been there for 2 week and dont sold...and I want it gone...uhu
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

homemade pizza for supper... so good. .. oldestmade a extra to take to work ..
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. house work is taking longer then I thought... but that is ok... i have a extra day or 2 allowed for it.. and the hosue is feeling so much better.
    hubby is off moving middle child for the day.
    i have 2 items for pick up on the porch...

i have 1 more room upstairs.. then will start in on the kitchen...

tomoorow will be alot easier, other family members will be working,,,, and i can just do my thing.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -happy day for me just got our pfizer booster ,now to relax incase my arm gets sore .I was gonna make homemade soup but will put that off til early next week .

My son had a family event cancelled today on his wifes side ,so that made my day also we need to do these small things to help out .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Up early, wanted nothing more than to do nothing but then the Christmas stuff won't get done.

I love baking but I always feel like I am a glutton for punishment picking desserts. If i had of picked Carrots, Peas & Potatoes I could have been done in an hour, at most an hour and a half.

On that note the Pumpkin Butter is in the Slow Cooker, the Mixed Nut Clusters are sitting on baking sheets hardening up. Only like a hundred more things to go, not really but it is how I feel right now.

Still need to clean up the snow from yesterday, kind of putting that off.

Ok time to push through and get more done.

Happy Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    First time i post a thing to sell on kijiji ....it s been there for 2 week and dont sold...and I want it gone...uhu
    @cath007 try posting it on Facebook marketplace as well. I have found some good deals that way and sold stuff as well.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Was taking a break from baking/cooking and happen to look at our local news site. Happy I did as it turns out although Ontario is lower the booster requirements on Monday. My region has said they do not have the capacity to lower the requirements and to book at local clinics it will remain 50+ and 6 months since last dose. So Mom (who has an appointment) qualifies but I will not be able to book an appointment.

It recommends those 18 - 49 try to book at pharmacies and reminds residents you do not have to be vaccinated in the region you live.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Spent most of the day in the Kitchen and have decided to change my plan a little bit. Normally I would make 5 things for the snack plate and would make 3 cookies and 2 candies for the plate and then make 2 or 3 different cookies and 2 or 3 different candies for the take home gifts. Nope, this year I will put some on the snack plate and the rest will be packages for take home gifts. I am trying to scale back.

Today I got:
    Pumpkin Butter is cooling - Take Home Gift
    Mix Nut Clusters - Done - Some for Snack Plate, Some for Take Home Gifts
    Peanut Butter Snowballs - Done - Some for Snack Plate, Some for Take Home Gifts
    Tex-Mex Mixed Nuts - Done - Take Home Gift

I also prepped the Sugar for my Sugared Cranberries. For a new twist this year I am making Lime Sugared Cranberries. The recipe suggests making the Sugar up to a week in advance to let the lime infuse into the Sugar. Mine won't get a week as I will make them tomorrow or Tuesday but the sugar is done and infusing.

Before bed I will put the Chickpeas in to soak. In the morning I will cook them off in the Instant Pot and then once they cool I will put them in the brine to soak.

Tomorrow I need to tackle the cookies. I am thinking of cutting on out one maybe two cookies, originally I planned for 4. I think 2 cookies is good with everything else. We will see how I feel tomorrow.

Then I just need to tackle the plated desserts closer to Christmas. I am making Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake and Lemon Ricotta Cake.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh my word SA-sounds like you are running a catering business and working harder than when you work! Remember to take it easy. We are having a very low key Xmas-even though my sisters family flew in last night I am avoiding them for now as I have a cold. She has long Covid so the last thing she needs is my bugs. I did the rapid test and it is not Covid.
    My brother is hosting Xmas dinner but I suspect they are already at 10 adults the max limit so we will pass-just like at Thanksgiving. Dec 27 I have 9 for dinner as DD will be home. We will also get together at a restaurant for my Mum's 90th pre birthday celebration Dec 29-I figure with so many of us in town we should do it a couple of months early-also a way to legally exceed the 10 person limit. That is it-as DD is not coming until boxing day I am skipping the tree, stockings etc-just monetary gifts for DD who is just graduating. DH said he does not want anything as he already got the best present-his new hip. I don't need anything either as I just got back from vacation.
    Oh I am getting my two teen nieces a ski lesson while they are here-and that is my Xmas. Easy peasy.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , in Ontario Restaurants are at 50% capacity and a limit of 10 per table.

So far there are 9 of us for Christmas at Dad's but we will see, plans might change over the next few days. I feel like you just do not know these days.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information