User Tag List

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

question....
    does anyone know where to watch the prequel to yellowstone... i dont want to add another chanel to our tv line up
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got nothing done today, I keep napping out on the couch. I do not feel sick but I am exhausted, have a headache and muscle aches.

I did take Mom to get her shot, she slipped and tweaked her knee and was worried about how much walking she would have to do. So I went with her so I could drop her off at the door and pick her up so she could limit her walking. Good news was by the time Mom went the line ups were gone. When Dad went this morning he stood in line outside for 25 minutes only to get inside register and have to join another line. Step Mom also went for her shot today as well as Bro & his wife, plus sis's bf. Just one family member has not gotten their booster. They could not get an appointment until the end of January but are trying to get in sooner if possible.

Mom could see I am not feeling my best and she is having trouble standing with her knee so she surprised me and ordered dinner so we did not have to cook. Normally I would object but it has been months since we have had take-out and honestly I really did not want to cook.

Now I am curled up on the couch in a blanket (I am freezing) watching Christmas Movies and may nap a few more times before bed.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It looks like the only way to watch it is on Paramount+, it did mention in Canada you can get a 7 day free trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    question....
    does anyone know where to watch the prequel to yellowstone... i dont want to add another chanel to our tv line up
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

yea... sigh.. thats not happening... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    It looks like the only way to watch it is on Paramount+, it did mention in Canada you can get a 7 day free trail.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

question....
    Good question, we watched it on Paramount channel. We get the normal Paramount channel for free via one of our channel choices via Cogeco. We feel like they are going to get us "hooked" and then only air it on Paramount plus their new streaming channel.
    It's definitely not showing on Prime yet. Hope that helps
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hope you feel better soon
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Got nothing done today, I keep napping out on the couch. I do not feel sick but I am exhausted, have a headache and muscle aches.

I did take Mom to get her shot, she slipped and tweaked her knee and was worried about how much walking she would have to do. So I went with her so I could drop her off at the door and pick her up so she could limit her walking. Good news was by the time Mom went the line ups were gone. When Dad went this morning he stood in line outside for 25 minutes only to get inside register and have to join another line. Step Mom also went for her shot today as well as Bro & his wife, plus sis's bf. Just one family member has not gotten their booster. They could not get an appointment until the end of January but are trying to get in sooner if possible.

Mom could see I am not feeling my best and she is having trouble standing with her knee so she surprised me and ordered dinner so we did not have to cook. Normally I would object but it has been months since we have had take-out and honestly I really did not want to cook.

Now I am curled up on the couch in a blanket (I am freezing) watching Christmas Movies and may nap a few more times before bed.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Son got girls at 2.00 he needed to get groceries and a few last xmas gifts.

This morning i woke up at 4.15 a.m to water all over kitchen floor ,i ran my dishwasher 2 times last week maybe friday and sat.Well i guess the hose was blocked as water fillled up the tub of dishwasher and then went over the ledge ,ugggg a ton of towels to wash .The dishwasher was 24 years old,so we will be getting a new one as the old one was making a loud sound last week ,such is life.
    I think you got your money's worth out of it wow!!! They sure don't make appliances like they use to!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Didn't eat all day and was feeling off. Found chips in my car at 3:30 when leaving work and they helped lol. Made a grilled cheese when back home at 4:15. Head was hurting a bit so went out for fresh air and that did the trick. Feel so much better. Shoveled the driveway and then went for a good walk. Now I will have a shower and warm up!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama-yesi sure did get my moneys worth , it was a frigidare dishwasher around $550.

Dont forget to save your p.c offers!
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Dec 22nd, 2021 at 07:59 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

question....
    It's on the Paramount Plus (Canada) site. I see 2 episodes. I'm aware that one extended family member on Instagram seems to be a fan of both series (I don't know where Yellowstone is streaming). If you played the McDonald's Monopoly game and got 7 codes registered, you would have gotten the free 3mo. sub. code to use for the service. I just told Bro he has until Jan. 9 to catch up on Mayor of Kingstown (he's not caught up to ep. 6&7 yet) before sub. expires (I cancelled any attempt to extend the service and used a prepaid Visa card in order to register the account with the code-every streaming service wants a card number, even for the free trial period...)

Sending you a DM!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    (I cancelled any attempt to extend the service and used a prepaid Visa card in order to register the account with the code-every streaming service wants a card number, even for the free trial period...)
    I never use my credit card online, but I have been considering the purchase of a pre-paid Visa card for online purchases.

Do they really work like a regular credit card, number, expiry date, verification code and all?
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@HermanH Yes, the two Visa prepaid cards I've had do work that way BUT:
    The Perfect Gift Visa (silver card) works no problem online-never had to use telephone voice mail jail to access balance. Might take 3-7 days for some sale transactions to change from Pending to Sale but most clear within a day or two. Ironically, this card is run by Blackhawk Canada. Website for card works well. But Blackhawk Runs the One4All card (it works as Visa but for only the stores listed on front of card) and I never could get the website to accept my card info to look balance online. Telephone only.
    Fortinos and Shoppers carry The Perfect Gift Visa-my advice is to get a specific value card, as network charge will vary based on how much card value you purchase. If you are stuck buying a variable load $25-$250/$500 card, the network charge will vary. So for $200 gc, buy a $200 Perfect Gift Visa card. Give me a couple of minutes so I can find the insert listing the network charges...you will pay GST/HST on the network charge fee on top of the card load value. PC OPtimum only seems to give me gift card offers for PC Opt pts through Fortinos, not Shoppers.

Vanilla Visa prepaid-another card I could only activate or listen to balance/transaction list by phone only. Same issue with website-cannot enter site despite doing the card info and Captcha code thing. AVOID!

Blackhawk Canada offers other prepaid cards including Joker Mastercard and other products. Be aware that main phone number for Blackhawk (parent hq) is in Texas and the one phone number in Canada is strictly for automated card sales/merchant calls (only two options, no live agent button) at their Etobicoke ON Office. The Cdn company seems to be behind most of the gift cards for various stores that are sold in grocery and pharmacy stores.

Peoples Trust in BC have the Visa and Mastercard licenses for Canada and are listed on the back of the prepaid Visa cards but I'd love to know why they don't check that the associated prepaid card sites don't seem to work for laptops with Windows 10!
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Dec 22nd, 2021 at 09:05 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all the helpful hints. I forget to consider the network charge. Guess I won't bother with the idea. I refuse to pay money to give them business. I never pay membership fees or interest on my cards. The card companies hate people like me.
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Perfect Gift Visa prepaid card network fees (from provided insert):

Card value/network fee (plus HST at cash on the network fee!)
    $25/$4.95
    $50, $75 or $100/$5.95
    $150/$6.50
    $200/$6.95
    $250/$7.50
    $25-200 (variable load)/$7.95 (now you know it's cheaper to get specific card value for network fee!)
    $200-$500 (variable load)/$9.95
    $500/$9.95
    Monthly maintenance fee starts 12 months after card activation date $3.00/mo
    Foreign exchange fee 2.5% (yes, I used my card for one US Amazon order-2.5% chg rolled into Amazon order total; Amazon did a small refund to card based on exchange rate after order was released and on way to me!)
    Giseledta and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walked into Walmart and a greeter lady I know chatted with me. She had sat in the Jail and Bail box to raise money for the Christmas Bureau and gathered $2500! I grabbed a one pound chocolate brownie cake and thanked her for her efforts with a big slice. She was so happy to be recognized for her efforts.

I then walked over to my normal RCSS and shared the rest with the lads and lasses on duty. Smiles and seasons cheer all around. Just amazed at how much happiness a couple of bucks can bring to so many people.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information