User Tag List

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Merry xmas everyone and happy holiday!

Just hubby and i today ,i just made 5 containers of homemade chicken soup.My son called from work to wish us merry xmas,we will celebrate with him and my daughter-in-law and the 2 girls on sunday with swiss chalet-easy peasy .My daughter called this morning also .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I never use my credit card online, but I have been considering the purchase of a pre-paid Visa card for online purchases.

Do they really work like a regular credit card, number, expiry date, verification code and all?
    @HermanH I have one credit card with a very low credit limit for all my online purchases. I have it linked through paypal so if I have any issues, I have paypal as well as my credit card for support.

I hate that Visa prepaid charges a $5.95 fee when purchased, and you have to know the exact balance or the transaction is cancelled and your balance is in limbo (happened at Costco last year).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I hate that Visa prepaid charges a $5.95 fee when purchased, and you have to know the exact balance or the transaction is cancelled and your balance is in limbo (happened at Costco last year).
    Truly, it is a pain. I just write the remaining balance right onto the gift card.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Finally starting to feel better, still have a slight fever but haven't napped today. I literally just napped in and out most of yesterday. I have headache too but that might be from over sleeping.

Mom had set aside some money to order herself Chinese last night so that is what we had.

Tonight's dinner is still a mystery, I had a Chicken Dinner planned but Mom is not feeling her best and said not tonight so now I need a plan C, plan B was pasta but I forgot we are out of sauce (on my list to make during Shut Down). It is a mystery.

Slowly starting to tidy things up but still tricky since I missed Christmas all of the cooking/baking is still living in my dining room. In a couple days I will go drop off everyone's gifts.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone that celebrates. DS1 is currently working on his traditional Christmas dinner of Wellington. He has been doing this since he was 15 and he has perfected this. I just do the vegetables.
    DH gave me an Apple Watch for Christmas and I hate learning new tech so with I new iPhone last week this is killing me. I have been an avid Fitbit user for 9 years so this is a steep learning curve.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hope everyone has a fabulous christmas
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Reclaimed my Kitchen yesterday more or less. There are still some dishes to put away, my least favourite chore is drying dishes so I left them to dry and will now put them away.

I think my plan today is to get some cooking done, I have some Bananas that need to meet their destiny as some muffins. I need to make Pasta Sauce, I wanted to make Pasta for Dinner last night but we were out of Sauce.

Dinner tonight, I have no idea yet. Will see how Mom is feeling and if she wants to make the Chicken Dinner but also kind of thinking maybe that can be out New Years Eve Dinner instead. So maybe Pasta tonight instead since I will be making sauce today.

Time to get going. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We had a good day yesterday .

Lots of left overs so no cooking. When everyone is up we will all pitched in and tidy up and then I guess it will be watching s few movies that’s on our list as a family

Anyone out doing Boxing Day sales?
    Enjoy your day

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -well hubby and i will not be celebrating xmas anytime soon with our kids/grandkids it was suppose to be today but due to exposure ,covid it is cancelled .I am feeling a little down ,i dont feel like discussing this with anyone sorry .It has caused a bit of stress in our marriage as my hubby feels "everybody i am sure got to have a nice xmas except us for the second year now".O f course we are all following proper guidelines -hubby and i are not at risk but we may all end up getting this eventually(so glad we have our boosters in us)

I am still walking up early today at 4.15 ,i believe i am an anxious person and i dont know if i feel safe going out grocery shopping now .I may go back to spending a bit more and do online either at walmart ,fortinos or sobeys .I want to try and keep myself safe so we can celebrate giving our grandkids their xmas gifts sometime in jan /feb.I know i can drop the girls gifts off but i picked such thoughtfull gifts for my grand kids i want to see them open them in front of me in time.

I may try to get out for a walk today .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

As for boxing day sales last night i spent $24 dollars on a few clothing for my granddaughter's for next year from gap/old navy also thru in a tank top for $2.30 from old navy if i dont care for it i will just sleep in it -lol
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** Coupon Girl

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks i needed a virtual hug ,my hubby gave me the best hug this morning .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Muffins are done. Sauce is simmering, should be done shortly.

Thinking dinner tonight will be Spinach & Ricotta Pasta Bake

Kitchen is well on it's way being back to normal. All the baking supplies are back in their home. Because I cut back on the baking this year we have a lot of "extra" supplies, that need to go into the pantry. The supplies will not go to waste as I see us making more at home to combate higher food costs. I know I can stretch these.

Now I need to spend some time in the pantry getting everything put away.
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-sorry the rug got pulled out from under you regarding your planned celebration-glad you are staying safe though. Today I did some dusting upstairs( my least favourite task) and got DD's room ready as she arrives tonight-we expect some dinner guests tomorrow( small group within health guidelines) but realize it may need to be cancelled last minute if somebody feels off or has been exposed. DH is cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming upstairs-tomorrow we will give the main floor a quick clean. It is way too cold to go walking so at least we are getting a little movement in. My plan after lunch is to watch the Call the Midwife special I recorded last night.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information