User Tag List

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Crafter that sounds so nice ,all the things you are going to do next year-enjoy your turkey pot pie .

I mean i didnt bake this year at all (goodies)only chocolate chip cookies in nov with ashlyn .I also had my 8 year old granddaughter "ashlyn"help put my dear mom's xmas village together and then she and her sister cara play on the village with lego people -so cute .
    Last week i had my youngest cara age just turned 4 help me wrap i had her put her finger on a present as i tied the bow and she laughed as she helped me tape and wrap .

I miss running here and their getting boxing day specials ,but i am not wanting to go out til i see my grown kids and grandkids for our later xmas .

Did you know due to covid my daughter was able to let her son sebastian think that xmas was today as he opened his gifts today from santa (such a great idea she had, so her son would be happy in all we are going thru due to the virus)She is such a good mom .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://www.save.ca/cocacola0901

FPC vitamin water from NoFrills Holiday haul @lilo0003 @coupon girl @Barbis9 @Ciel21 @Frugalbigmama @SassyAshley @lizziebargain @Angela273 @crafter hope I remembered total everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    https://www.save.ca/cocacola0901

FPC vitamin water from NoFrills Holiday haul @lilo0003 @coupon girl @Barbis9 @Ciel21 @Frugalbigmama @SassyAshley @lizziebargain @Angela273 @crafter hope I remembered total everyone
    Thank you... all gone now... boy they went fast.
    Really appreciate the heads up though, thought the hauliday promo had ended. Happy Holidays.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    This is the time where I always promise myself that I'm going to "make my gifts next year". I'm not making that promise this year but what DH and I have decided to do next year is to focus more and earlier on the simple enjoyment of prepping for Christmas. Whether it's making decorations, baking/cooking Christmas items, hosting small get togethers, virtually watching shows with family or even spending more time wrapping gifts. We realized that the magic of Christmas for us, includes in a large part the preparation for it and embracing traditions.

With that theme, we're going to try to bake/cook more together throughout the year. This weeks challenge is a turkey pot pie with a homemade crust ... we've never made one before so wish us luck!
    I support your plan for next year fully @crafter . As you know I embraced being shut in by cooking and baking ( to my detriment weight wise ) , however in the end it allowed me to offer my family containers that were filled and frozen with some of the best new recipes I had discovered in that time.
    It can be so much fun too.
    Good luck in December 2022....uh but start prepping in October....ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well today did not go as planned.

Not sure what was up but this morning I started to get seriously light headed so I laid down on the couch and fell asleep. Only napped out for an hour, was feeling a bit better, the lighted headed was gone when I was sitting but when I got up and started moving around it came back a little bit.

So today became a Movie day.

I am feeling better now but will take it easy the rest of the night.

Dinner will be homemade Chicken Tenders with Homemade Air Fryer Fries and Caesar Salad. To dip the Chicken Tenders we will have our Homemade Copycat Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
    barbis9, walkonby, crafter and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@flemeth Thanks for thinking of me! Sibling actually likes the product. He missed out. Good to know some offers are still popping up this week in December.

Looked up one contest page and another woman won the $1000 cash prize from Edo Japan (exit visions of spree!). I shared that news with sibling and he asked where is the closest location of the restaurant? Mississauga, in the Heartland Centre. Thought there had been one in Mapleview Centre, Burlington.

OK, I was looking around online and Well.ca has its Boxing Day sale ending tomorrow (some kids' toys and seasonal/holiday apparel are marked down a little or enough to entice buyers--Little Tikes Learning Mailbox). The Bay and Snugglebugz have some baby gear and baby apparel on sale until 11:59pm. tonight.

Chapters Indigo has its Good Stuff sale ongoing. Noticed some baby bibs and baby apparel (holiday/Xmas too plus 3pr of Hatley socks as well) are marked down to move as well as a few winter items for older kids (gloves).

The regular rain was lightly falling around 1pm today. I had started scraping off the crust of fine wet snow from the walks just prior to that change in weather. Today has been all about laundry and tidying up things (love the weekend holiday rate for electricity for this day). Attempted to scrub some of the tiles around the bathtub with cleaning product. Enough of a difference was noticed but I only did it for 10min. Keep forgetting to put moisturizer on hands after every washing or wet hands encounter. Skin is cracking as result...ouch. Had a cup of tea with breakfast and it's time for an afternoon cup right now.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @flemeth Thanks for thinking of me! Sibling actually likes the product. He missed out. Good to know some offers are still popping up this week in December.

Looked up one contest page and another woman won the $1000 cash prize from Edo Japan (exit visions of spree!). I shared that news with sibling and he asked where is the closest location of the restaurant? Mississauga, in the Heartland Centre. Thought there had been one in Mapleview Centre, Burlington.

OK, I was looking around online and Well.ca has its Boxing Day sale ending tomorrow (some kids' toys and seasonal/holiday apparel are marked down a little or enough to entice buyers--Little Tikes Learning Mailbox). The Bay and Snugglebugz have some baby gear and baby apparel on sale until 11:59pm. tonight.

Chapters Indigo has its Good Stuff sale ongoing. Noticed some baby bibs and baby apparel (holiday/Xmas too plus 3pr of Hatley socks as well) are marked down to move as well as a few winter items for older kids (gloves).

The regular rain was lightly falling around 1pm today. I had started scraping off the crust of fine wet snow from the walks just prior to that change in weather. Today has been all about laundry and tidying up things (love the weekend holiday rate for electricity for this day). Attempted to scrub some of the tiles around the bathtub with cleaning product. Enough of a difference was noticed but I only did it for 10min. Keep forgetting to put moisturizer on hands after every washing or wet hands encounter. Skin is cracking as result...ouch. Had a cup of tea with breakfast and it's time for an afternoon cup right now.
    @Ciel21 yesterday was FPC for coke and buy the time I filled out for mine it was gone in 5 minutes

The No Frills Halliday haul is extended until Dec31

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Keep forgetting to put moisturizer on hands after every washing or wet hands encounter. Skin is cracking as result...ouch.
    The skin behind my knuckles has also been splitting, due to all the sanitizer use. They heal so painfully slowly, because daily use continuously re-opens the wound.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@flemeth

I missed as my name was not fully highlighted :-( @barbis9
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Dec 27th, 2021 at 09:18 PM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking of my action plan for tomorrow:

Put away clean laundry
    Put a load of laundry in the washer. Hang it to dry
    Add gifts bought Boxing day to the Christmas 2022 bin.
    Clean out the freezer in the kitchen on bottom of freezer. Plan meals from this stuff.

Pull Porkchops from freezer and put in crockpot Wednesday and make pulled pork (we have lots of bread to use up)
    Make a salad to go with it and some perogies (open bag in freezer)
    I told DS we could maybe get Chinese this week but we have so much stuff to use up and I will appreciate it more next week when I am working in the office. He will be ok with waiting till next week as long as we have good food to eat and we do .

New Years Eve- thinking Steak and shrimp, roasted potatoes, green beans and salad. (we have all food needed on hand)

Off to watch a movie and hopefully up early to get all the things done
    barbis9, walkonby, crafter and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=flemeth;7180201
    The No Frills Halliday haul is extended until Dec31[/QUOTE]
    thanks I will check it out tomorrow at noon.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, that freezing rain piece...I discovered it is true when I started to walk past the house-each hand had something for the green cart and garbage bin. One foot got on the icy walk and I started to split/sag on one leg while keeping balance on remaining leg. Onto the snowy grass! Used the cart-managed to cause two bins to fall off of it. Basically glad I had grass to cart things to the curb. I had awoken from evening nap hearing a neighbour carting their bins. Took a look at waste calendar and there are no arrows showing next day over from regular collection day. Thus I ventured out to put our containers at the curb.

Sibling had left some food from a Chinese food takeout order-I ate the leftovers but did not touch the cookies. Just enjoyed a Tetley lemon camomile tea. Two packets of stevia have added a vaguely sweet black licorice taste to the tea!

Must admit that three episodes of Paris Hilton's My Dream Honeymoon series has me amazed at the splendor of the hotel rooms at each destination. Ep. 1-how did all those photoframes get to French Polynesia with colour photo copies of Paris and Carter's wedding photos? Some staff must have worked some long hours to pull off the personal touches once word reached resorts where honeymooners were intending to visit (7 weeks of honeymoon)! Conrad Bora Bora Nui-the wooden walls and other wooden things are truly works of art. Local wood or imported wood? London episode 3-how at ease Paris is moving around the City! Butler service-just wow. Loved the tea service segment.

Today while channel switching between CBC News and Radio-Canada during the noon news, I saw the Disney Plus ad for The Book of Boba Fett on Radio-Canada. That was a sign of this week's excitement! Hope to see it if sibling still has his subscription.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel21 @ HermanH I include lotion as part of my evening routine. I also keep lotion on my desk at work. Dh likes Okeifs working hands. It works very well, but the product burns/stings any cracks.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s officially my Dh’s birthday, Dec 28. Dh received his Covid booster last week while he was home on holidays with us. He felt unwell for about 3 days. I have a phone appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. Then I’m going early to the Covid vaccination walkin location, which opens at noon. Dh and I staggered out Covid vaccinations in order to ensure that our children were well cared for if one of us was unwell for a few days. We received 6” of snow Sunday. Dh shovelled our driveway, but the streets have a lot of loose snow. I’ll need to use dh’ truck when going out for the Covid booster and groceries.

I have an unusual (for me) reason for being absent on here over the last week. I decided to download FarmVille 3 through Swagbucks in order to earn 3,500 Swagbucks. I found the game frustrating at times. The offer said I needed to reach level 30 within 10 day, I reached level 25 late this evening and found a Swagbucks email saying that it credited. I’m done with games for a while. I don’t like being on my phone so much.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela279 Happy Birthday to your DH

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information