User Tag List

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hugs cath !

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i just put an order in for walmart groceries $101.00 pick up thursday the prices were okay a few sales and i read if they have to substitute they will give it to you for free .This makes me feel a tiny better no meat in that order except luncheon meat.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , from my experience you do not get the substituted item for free but for the same price you were quoted online. For example, I ordered 3 bags Frozen Broccoli pieces that were $1.99 for a 750g bag which would be $5.97. They did not have the broccoli pieces so they substituted 5 bags of Broccoli Florets that were $2.97 for a 500g bag which should have been $14.85 but I only paid $5.97.

They will email you if they make a substitution and when you pick up they will ask if you are okay with the substitution, if you are not they will take it back and remove it from your order.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well i just put an order in for walmart groceries $101.00 pick up thursday the prices were okay a few sales and i read if they have to substitute they will give it to you for free .This makes me feel a tiny better no meat in that order except luncheon meat.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A bit of a slower morning here today. Enjoying my tea with a little TV time before I start my day.

Thinking I might spend my day in the kitchen, I feel like cooking.

Not sure about this new Bread Machine, I might return it. For some reason the dough cycle has a delayed start you cannot override. It sit and warms up for 20 minutes before the dough cycle starts which adds to the time in the bread machine 1 hour 50 minutes vs 1 hour 30 minutes, this I could work around. But the issue I found is well the dough is sitting the flour absorbs the liquid and when it finally started to mix I had to add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to make the dough come together. Also the recipe I used last night had Olive Oil in it and well the dough was mixing you could see this yellow spot did not fully mix in. I will try a different recipe today and see what happens. In all of our research this was not mentioned anywhere and it was not until I got creative with my wording on google that I found any mention of this feature.

Still need to figure out Dinner, I had been thinking Beef Stew so I could make Dinner Rolls to go with the Stew but Mom said her Tummy is off so pretty sure she does not want Stew. Back to the drawing board on dinner.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This vaccination is kicking my butt. I feel worse than the last two combined for symptoms. My arm is sore, which is not surprising. My entire body (muscles and joints) hurt/ache. I’m having spells of nausea and dizziness. These symptoms are also making their way into my dreams when I do sleep. Dh works Wed-Fri this week. Vaccination nurse said my symptoms should only last 72hrs. Some easy meals have been planned to help me out.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 Hope you feel better soon.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Angela -hope you feel better soon,i had a sore arm for 3 days and some fatigue with a few headaches thrown in -but i had to push thru as i was watching the girls on mon,tue ,wed right after i had my needle on that sunday.

Sassy thanks for the tip (how did i read that wrong about getting something free -lol)I did amend my order now it is $95 figured hubby doesnt need egg nog .I dont mind substitions on some items .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning anyone.

Hubby and I just did a chat about goals for the next year... good chat. we will prob touch base again frequently as that is what we just do .
    we have a good plan for the next few months.

today .. i am cleaning the kitchen, making banana bread ( that just sounds good ) and working on laundry.. ... might tackle the Tree... maybe.. maybe not... lol
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

To my surprise Mom was good with Beef Stew, all she said was if your making Stew we need to make Buns, no problem, Dinner Rolls in the Bread Machine coming up. The Stew will have Carrots and Potatoes in it with a Garden Cocktail base.

I have been thinking about my goals for 2022 and might spend some time this afternoon putting some stuff on paper. I am always better when I can see something in front of me. With my lifestyle and let's be real mainly work where I get pulled all over the place things in my mind get lost/forgotten.

I also need to rework my work schedule for January as I won't be going into branches. With our number being as high as they are I cannot move from branch to branch and department to department safely. So for the time being I will work remotely until we see our numbers go down and I can safely move amongst the company. I think I will work on this our first week back as I had not planned to do any training anyways.

I have taken a look at the flyers and trying to plan our shopping as we will need to shop soon. We mainly just need fresh stuff. I prefer to shop myself vs grocery pick up when we need fresh stuff but at the same time I really do not want to interact with people right now. Not sure if I will do a pick up order or try to go at an off time, if I am at the store at opening they tend to be less crowded so maybe that is my plan, I am just not sure yet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FPC Peace tea from NoFrills Holiday haul @lilo0003 @coupon girl @Barbis9 @Ciel21 @Frugalbigmama @SassyAshley @lizziebargain @Angela273 @Flemeth @barbis9
    https://www.save.ca/cocacola10411

Also noticed 50% off 2.03 litre of Purex on Save.ca No Frills only

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    This vaccination is kicking my butt. I feel worse than the last two combined for symptoms. My arm is sore, which is not surprising. My entire body (muscles and joints) hurt/ache. I’m having spells of nausea and dizziness. These symptoms are also making their way into my dreams when I do sleep. Dh works Wed-Fri this week. Vaccination nurse said my symptoms should only last 72hrs. Some easy meals have been planned to help me out.
    @Angela273 which booster did you have?

I was sick after my first vaccine with Moderna, had to see the paramedics on site as very dizzy, problems swallowing, once that passed, I was hit with all the other symptoms over 3 days at home. For my second I had Pfizer and I just had a fever for 2 days. Not looking forward to the booster, but will stick with Pfizer.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Dec 29th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

thanks @crafter I got the Peace Tea coupon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @Angela273 which booster did you have?
    I was sick after my first vaccine with Moderna, had to see the paramedics on site as very dizzy, problems swallowing, once that passed, I was hit with all the other symptoms over 3 days at home. For my second I had Pfizer and I just had a fever for 2 days. Not looking forward to the booster, but will stick with Pfizer.
    I had Moderna for all 3.

We’ll try to book our kids in for their second Pfizer dose at the end of January, the 8wk recommendation.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Walked through Food Basics to get my steps in. Found cottage cheese with a 50% off sticker (expires Jan 03) Making lasagna tomorrow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 hope you feel better

Everyone in my family has the Pfizer for all 3 vaccine . My DH and I only had a sore arm. My younger DD had body ache for 24 hrs and my older DD had a headache and body ache for 24 hours. Guess everyone is reacting differently

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information