User Tag List

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@crafter thanks, I got this one in time yay. @barbis9 Halton is giving mostly Moderna & the Pfizer is being used for the under 29 years of age, my kids are booked with the region mid Feb and there is nothing sooner. My older son had Moderna for his 1st two and would happily take it again but given the risk (it caused temporary heart issues in some males under 30 and a few females ) its not an option so instead we wait and hope that we can all stay safer.
    DH and I had AZ/Moderna/Pfizer in that order, no idea why they gave us Pfizer as I wanted Moderna because we don't have a double dose so travel could be an issue but I have no plans to travel. I reacted to all three but the AZ was the worst and DH only reacted to Moderna, its crazy how everyone is reacting differently, but then I'm the person that always reacts to the flu shot.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Walked through Food Basics to get my steps in. Found cottage cheese with a 50% off sticker (expires Jan 03) Making lasagna tomorrow
    Good for you! I literally stood in front of the cottage cheese section with sticker shock yesterday and walked away. I made a promise to only buy it when it's on sale or clearance. Wonder why it's so pricey nowadays?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Same thing happened to me a couple of months. Mom wanted a container for something she was making but I just could not bring myself to pay that price. We only buy now if on sale or if we happen to be at Costco, only downside to Costco is, it is a 2-pack which is hard for us to get through before they go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Good for you! I literally stood in front of the cottage cheese section with sticker shock yesterday and walked away. I made a promise to only buy it when it's on sale or clearance. Wonder why it's so pricey nowadays?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Yeah the price is crazy now. I was happy to find this deal since I have wanted to make lasagna for a few weeks now... It will be perfect for this weekend!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone This afternoon I did and hung two loads of laundry now to think about all of the cleaning I have to make
    Father got his 3 dose of vaccine yesterday I have to wait my age average until january 14.He had no side effect thanks god!Aunt got her last week and my other aunt today and my uncle too.
    Have a great evening and night
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Dec 29th, 2021 at 04:56 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We now use Ricotta instead of Cottage Cheese since Ricotta is a refrigerator staple for us. We buy the large tubs from Costco as we now use it for Cooking & Baking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah the price is crazy now. I was happy to find this deal since I have wanted to make lasagna for a few weeks now... It will be perfect for this weekend!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rather surprised that the forecasted dairy price hikes are impacting soft cheese products already. Guess everyone is covering their costs and making sure not to be caught without stock or being stuck with products that won't pay for themselves.

Actually, today is a bonus day of me being online. This was the intended day for handing over the laptop to my friend while I go offline (likely happening tomorrow). But weather is making it seem like an extra day of doing a last minute essay (I've cleaned up most digital files but the hard part has been figuring out how to delete store or online accounts-it's not always obvious where the delete option is). My USB stick has been given attention--ditched some photo scans and made folders more logical for photo contents plus any files I want to keep there.

Apple ID left over from the free music code days from 2010 when Coke sponsored a contest for the Vancouver Games-to find the delete account option, I had to go to Data and Privacy, then the Delete option and consequences are visible. But once I logged into my ID, Apple made me choose 3 security questions and answers before I could do anything. So I did all the hoops and have an e-mail that my ID will be deleted within 7 days.

At least three cards I am mailing back to the listed head offices so the staff can ensure the databases get updated. Fortunately I have some stamps that Mom does not like that I bought, so I am using them up as well as remaining note cards to get the tasks completed!

Yes, I viewed the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett. It's going to take some getting used to. Definitely a space-western based in the desert feel right now.

The plan is to get some groceries on Thursday (if the flyer bundle arrives) and get one more task done. Then wait for next Friday and hope I can manage to get the GST credit cheque in the mail and cashed the same day. If I am able to get online briefly around that timeframe, I'll pop in the January chat thread to do a short visit.

It does look like Radio-Canada has some New Year's Eve programming on TV. Something to look forward to. And the TV has Youtube, so some additional viewing options are available.

Got to post a few contests before I log out. I do love this forum and its members.
    (BTW, I did not win that iPad prize-another Ontarian did!)
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    @Ciel21 enjoy your time off line . Wishing you all the Best for 2022.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel21 I know your health is deteriorating quickly and I hope you are able to check in occasionally as you are such a presence here and will be missed.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Had to get some work done this morning, my boss sent me some stuff that needed to be done to year-end. I actually started it last night but took a little longer than I thought it would. It got me thinking, nights/weekends are just part of my job there are things I have to do when no one else is logged in but I need to figure out how to balance this. I average 50 to 60 hours a week in "normal" hours. I do not have a perfect plan yet but I am going to work on this.

Think today will be a kitchen day, I did not get any cooking or baking done yesterday expect for meals yesterday so today will be my kitchen day. I am thinking some Muffins for the freezer and some cookies just because it feels weird that we had Christmas with no cookies. The cookies got cut from my baking list when I was trying to be more realistic with my time and be happy with what I got done. As well might try to talk Mom into some Cinnamon Buns, she enjoys working with dough, me I will do it if I have to but if she wants too I can work on other things.

I think my next big house project will be the dining room, there is a lot of oddities in there that need to find homes.

Happy Thursday everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I slept soundly last night and I’m currently feeling significantly better than yesterday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Got my walmart online order $99.74 pretty pleased with it except bag of ruffles has a small rip due to the fact the picker stuffed it in with other items overfilled the bag ,plus i got salted saltine crackers but sassy you were right they gave me mr.christie crackers for $2.27 as they were out of their brand name ones .

So glad i did pick up and not going in any stores as i know what this new virus entails and i dont want it .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl it sounds like your Wal-Mart is the opposite of mine, mine gives me so many bags almost every thing is in it's own bag. No joke last time Mom picked up an order for me, I had 17 items and got 10 bags, they only put like items together. One bag only had 2 packs of blistex and an oil of olay.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Ciel21 I know your health is deteriorating quickly and I hope you are able to check in occasionally as you are such a presence here and will be missed.
    I agree @Ciel21 please check in if you can. Love reading your postings.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://www.save.ca/cocacola134

Todays hauliday haul from No Frills
    1L smart water
    @barbis9 , @lilo0003 @Angela 279 @crafter @Ciel21 @Frugalbigmama @sassy Ashely @coupon girl hope I didn’t miss any one

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information