User Tag List

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

No sassy mine is not oppsite of yours on the $99 order i think i had 12 bags ,he only put the ruffle chips in with the pringles and a box.

Do they charge you for the bags at walmart on pickup orders?just curious.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , No, it automatically defaults to use my own bag when I place an order. I assumed they would just put the groceries in my trunk for me to bag myself. I was told with Covid my Wal-Mart is putting groceries in bags to encourage people to stay in there car and not try to bag well staff are unloading the carts into their car.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Since Christmas with Bro and his Fiancee is on hold for the foreseeable future. We will wait until the numbers go down. We are going to have the ham we bought for Christmas tonight. On the side we will have Mashed Potatoes and a Veggie. I am not sure what Veggie yet, I was thinking Brussel Sprouts but now I am thinking Carrots. We will see how I feel closer to dinner.

It has been a bit of a lazy day. Emptied the Dishwasher and reloaded and that is about it. Binge watching ER on Prime.

I was going to do a few more things for work but we are down for Maintenance.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my sciatica is acting up.. last night was a rough night.

i will continue my laundry later... think i will work on the dc rooms a bit today.

rumor has it schools will delay till the 5th for opening. .. i am gobsmacked.. that it is insane... 2 days... ugh

taking care of a few odd jobs around the house. life is a tad mind nummbing right now. sigh.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta hope you feel better soon.

Not sure what delaying the start of schools by 2 days will do. Maybe I am missing something????

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was able to save $250 this month put into our savings ,i have not done that in a few months with the car ,dental bills etc and larger visa bills in general.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Supper tonight a small ham already sliced was $5.99 at zarkys a few months back -wish i had bought more .
    Roasted potatoes ,carrots and cesar salad or a field green salad plus lemon pie for dessert .Going all out tonight for hubby and i .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is fend for yourself- Leftovers. I was going to cook a nice meal but decided not to so the leftovers get used up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My husband has been at work for 11+hrs today and he isn’t home yet. I felt decent, tired, sore arm today.

Kids folded and put away the towels. Jeans did a load of jeans. Twins trimmed the dying parts on my 1yr old fern that a students gave to me last Christmas. Ds vacuumed the kitchen and hallway, central vac came with the house. I looked over the flyers for the week, no impressive sales.

We made the monster cookie squares. Supper was hash brown casserole, leftover roast pork, salad, steamed cauliflower/broccoli/carrots, unsweetened applesauce.

I have S happy old cat in my lap and I’m going to read my book. I’m getting towards the end of book 5 in the Bridgestone series.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner was chicken parm in the air fryer, the younger DS does most of the prep for this as it’s his favourite meal.
    we had an unexpected expense today as we will live in a home that’s over 60 years old, the sewer backed up into the laundry room. It’s not the 1st time so we knew who to call and what to do so it was less than 500.00 to fix it, but still not a planned spend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have to get back at meal planning. Since I’m on an 80% contact in January, if I’m unable to get 1/2 days subbing, then I won’t be teaching Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings for the month.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got word yesterday that although the Government is not enforcing Lockdown our company will be. We will be going back to Curbside pickup, no visitors allowed in the building. This means me as a remote worker, I cannot go into the building either unless something happens and if I go into one branch I cannot go into another for at least a week. As well if I go into a branch I cannot go between departments to be safe. Yep, January will be a month of Zoom Sessions.

Mom wants to have appetizers tonight but we do not have much in the house for appetizers so thinking I will place a Wal-Mart grocery order. Mom mentioned going shopping but not sure I am feeling being around people. Only thing is our local Wal-Mart does not have any spots today and is out of a couple of things we just need. But thinking I will go for it as my anxiety about being around people is high right now.

I also still want to get some baking done, I will buy appetizer stuff but any baked goods I will make myself.

Uggg, I was prepared but I was not prepared for this new variant. When I heard about it I prepped and prepared but I think deep down I did not expect it to be as bad as they predicted, we will call it wishful thinking. Now the anxiety is back and I just want to hibernate and not leave my house. It is one of those situations where you knew it was coming but once it is here it hits a little harder than you expect.

Happy Friday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @SassyAshley your company is doing all the right thing to protect there employees and customer. As for shopping we needed fresh fruit and veggies so yesterday I was at RCSS at 8 am the store only had a few customers inside so I took the opportunity to stock up on a few pantry items that we were running low on that we used on a weekly basis. So maybe you can get your shopping done very early before the stores get crazy later.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@flemeth , I did consider going at 7 am this morning but I knew Mom wanted to go so I thought a grocery pick up was a compromise.

I placed a Wal-Mart order. I am going to a Wal-Mart a little further away to get an earlier time but that was poor planning on my part. I thought we would cook the Chicken but well things change. I came in under my budget and got a few stock up items since we are going anyways.

Decided to cheat, I could make my own Mozzarella Sticks or Deep Fried Pickles but decided to take the easy way out and buy them made so I can just Air Fryer them.

Paid a little more for some Mushrooms, we are out and use them often but it was cheaper than ordering from RCSS as they have a fee for grocery pick up and Wal-Mart does not.

Maybe next week one day I will go early before work and grab some more fresh stuff but honestly, I would be happy to make due with what we have and ride this out a little longer.

Time to try to divert my attention and bring down my anxiety so off to find a Cinnamon Bun recipe, think some Cinnamon Buns will make a good New Year's Day Breakfast.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out early this morning to RCSS to grab some Annie's shells and cheese and jam for DS.
    Checked the Flashfood app before I left. Nothing I wanted.When leaving RCSS noticed meat guy filling up Flashfood fridge.
    Went to car and looked at app and got:
    4 x lean ground pork for .75 each (reg $7.26)
    3 x Marc Angelo 2 pk spinach and feta chicken breasts $2
    6 x PC seasoned pork loin roast Greek $2
    I didn't think twice- had to jump on these deals. Freezer is full. Will be able to make nice full meals for under $5 total cost
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Dec 31st, 2021 at 10:14 AM.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread Information