User Tag List

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided to pop a pork loin roast in the oven right now. Then I can slice it up and put in the fridge. I will make perogies and salad to go with it for tonight or tomorrow nights dinner. See what we fell like later but at least it will be cooked.
    Any leftovers I will freeze and use in pork fried rice for DS

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -yes my anxietywas so high that last few days and for what ,when i woke up this morning i had a bath and thought why is my back tingly,so had hubby look nothing .I sure dont wish to get shingles again and dear sassy my son had shingles at age 21 in collage .He must have stressed over the exams or something.

I may go back to grocery stores very early morning hours for sure or may just stick to walmart online shopping ,not sure yet.

Our xmas celebration will be jan 16 i think as son was texting his sister this morning ,so this has lifted my mood .I will not see any outside vistors til after i see my kids and grandkids thou .

We may have the girls sleep over on sunday to give son and his wife a break ,havent seen them in 10 days then . I think i may do laundry ,my puzzle and bake cookies today .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Dec 31st, 2021 at 11:49 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just made walnut ice box cookies ,so cant cook til saturday ,need to stay in the freezer overnight-yummm.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My husband has been at work for 11+hrs today and he isn’t home yet. I felt decent, tired, sore arm today.

Kids folded and put away the towels. Jeans did a load of jeans. Twins trimmed the dying parts on my 1yr old fern that a students gave to me last Christmas. Ds vacuumed the kitchen and hallway, central vac came with the house. I looked over the flyers for the week, no impressive sales.

We made the monster cookie squares. Supper was hash brown casserole, leftover roast pork, salad, steamed cauliflower/broccoli/carrots, unsweetened applesauce.

I have S happy old cat in my lap and I’m going to read my book. I’m getting towards the end of book 5 in the Bridgestone series.
    @Angela273 how are you liking the books?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @Angela273 how are you liking the books?
    I got interested in the books due to the first season of Bridgerton on Netflix. I’ve listened to most of the books with a library app. The 5th book had a several month waiting list, so I’ve been reading the paper copy. I think the books are well written. I’m on the wait list for the audio copy of the next books in the set. I list to the books while working in the kitchen, or commuting when I taught out of town.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Dinner was chicken parm in the air fryer, the younger DS does most of the prep for this as it’s his favourite meal.
    we had an unexpected expense today as we will live in a home that’s over 60 years old, the sewer backed up into the laundry room. It’s not the 1st time so we knew who to call and what to do so it was less than 500.00 to fix it, but still not a planned spend.
    @lilo0 03 sorry to hear.

When my sewer backed up it was during holiday season too, as my house was built in the 1950's. Luckily it was covered by Halton region but I was told to just use toilet paper and not to flush anything else down the toilet. That flushable wipes are in fact not flushable and cause a lot of problems as does Charmin toilet paper and other 3 ply brands. Hopefully this doesn't happen again to you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy new years eve all.

plan is the mountain of laundry.. and work on some daycare resources i have been creating. tonight.. hanging with the family in the family room...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    That flushable wipes are in fact not flushable and cause a lot of problems as does Charmin toilet paper and other 3 ply brands. Hopefully this doesn't happen again to you.
    I had heard on local TV news that the supposedly flush-able wipes are not as advertised, but I had never heard that 3-ply brands posed the same problem. From where did you hear that?
    barbis9, crafter and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I had heard on local TV news that the supposedly flush-able wipes are not as advertised, but I had never heard that 3-ply brands posed the same problem. From where did you hear that?
    personally... 3 ply clogs my pipes.... i am on septic... and my house is under 25 yrs old. .. i use 2 ply only.
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

MY personal frugal tip for the day shopped well.ca had a 10% code saved $5.93 and used 10.00 in rexall be well points also .

Hubby and i went for a lovely sunny day walk 25 minutes found one beer can .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RIP Betty White....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went out shopping and tried to use some higher value coupons that were expiring today. I tried to be practical though and focused on food we normally eat.
    We're all stocked up for the next few weeks. I over purchased milk, cheese, orange juice, turkey, chicken so that we can just relax focus on healthy meals and stay inside for the next couple of weeks. I did stock up on some "healthy wine" as well. I figure the prices are all going to move up next week to better reflect supply chain issues.

Tonight we'll try our hands at making sausage rolls. We also have some leftover homemade chicken fried rice from last night and we forgot to make our spring rolls so we have more than enough for the two of us.

Best wishes for a better 2022!

Happy New Years Everyone!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy New Year everyone!!!!
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got my Wal-Mart order, this is the first time I have ever ordered from Wal-Mart pickup and they cancelled items off my order vs substituting.

They removed my Becel Sticks Salted, I got unsalted for some baking to make it vegan and Mom wanted to try it. Since it was on sale for $2.27 I ordered 2 salted but they cancelled it off my order.

They also removed 2 packages of Pasta and did not substitute.

The did substitute my fettuccini for Great Value and my perogies which I refused. I ordered Potato & Cheddar Perogies and they try to substitute Potato, Mozzarella & Swiss, we only like the Potato and Cheddar.

I will start cooking the appetizers shortly, options are:
    Spring Rolls
    Dumplings
    Fried Pickles
    Mozzarella Sticks
    Brie

We have enough for 2 or 3 meals so the leftovers will be placed in the freezer for later.

I think tonight, I will meal plan for next week and start working on my goals for the new year.

Happy New Years Eve Everyone
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

December savings total $452.13

$132.24 - coupons used
    $25.04 - 10% off Tuesday
    $5 - Amazon.ca gc - Swagbucks
    $60 - PCO
    $160 - Air Miles
    $65 - pre-paid credit cards
    $4.85 - Tim’s points
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Dec 31st, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread Information