User Tag List

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh!!! I see some of you have watched that series You! I've watched all the episodes as well. I also took in Your Honor ( spelled the American way ) and glad that it was only 11 episodes. ( bingeing can be tough ) When is Ozark returning? Never mind, I see it is Jan. 21st!! That will be the final season it says.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugg did not sleep well last night and it shows. I was getting ready for my day looked in the mirror and went "wow, it looks like I have not slept in a week." Good news is I am working from home so no one will see me today expect Mom.

I do have to admit, one thing I do not miss now that I work from home is being out there at 6 am in the dark and cold digging my car out. With that being said I do have some shovelling I need to get done today.

Need to decide on dinner for tonight. Thinking something simple, maybe a soup of some sort.

Need to check next week's flyers and see if there is anything we need.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Aren't men picky? Mine too has to have certain soap, deodorant, etc or else lol
    I admit to being a Goldilocks too since perimenopause tweaks senses and body is more vocal about aches and pains!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok quick post! Wanted my 3h of online time today so I am solo for this hour then have a couple of shops to visit on way home. Super mild but breezy day= go out and cash HST cheque and more day!

Watched a City planning meeting on Youtube yesterday for first time. One property in area is up for development and I wanted to know what changes are in store as property changed ownership in late summer and I had no idea. Noticed how many dump trucks were running down our street (likely from one of the many surveys popping up on Garner Rd W) and some are speeding. Sent email to councillor about the speeding.

Am no longer with PC Optimum. Will admit I will chase a birthday freebie from Sephora as I cannot figure out how to delete the account but I might just let things ride for now.

Dec 2021 Consumer Reports issue on spices-40 spices got noticed via lab testing for heavy metals content. Surprise-Kirkland ground tumeric is one of the items. I tossed out the year past expiry container after reading the article and some 5 year old baking spices (will replace them today).

Just glad three days of Xmas are over. I never baked-I could not deal with Mom's steamy cooking and gave up. She was miffed but it solved the tension for me.

Happy New Year! 2021 was better than 2020 for me (health issues aside). Could use a winning lottery ticket like that Welland ON woman who won $250K on a Secret Santa scratch ticket!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh!!! I see some of you have watched that series You! I've watched all the episodes as well. I also took in Your Honor ( spelled the American way ) and glad that it was only 11 episodes. ( bingeing can be tough ) When is Ozark returning? Never mind, I see it is Jan. 21st!! That will be the final season it says.
    Curious as to whether people have watched the movie Queenpins on Prime? I couldn't contain my laughter re couponing obsession for the first 10 mins...then it was an ok movie...kind of like Good Girls series.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Ok quick post! Wanted my 3h of online time today so I am solo for this hour then have a couple of shops to visit on way home. Super mild but breezy day= go out and cash HST cheque and more day!

Watched a City planning meeting on Youtube yesterday for first time. One property in area is up for development and I wanted to know what changes are in store as property changed ownership in late summer and I had no idea. Noticed how many dump trucks were running down our street (likely from one of the many surveys popping up on Garner Rd W) and some are speeding. Sent email to councillor about the speeding.

Am no longer with PC Optimum. Will admit I will chase a birthday freebie from Sephora as I cannot figure out how to delete the account but I might just let things ride for now.

Dec 2021 Consumer Reports issue on spices-40 spices got noticed via lab testing for heavy metals content. Surprise-Kirkland ground tumeric is one of the items. I tossed out the year past expiry container after reading the article and some 5 year old baking spices (will replace them today).

Just glad three days of Xmas are over. I never baked-I could not deal with Mom's steamy cooking and gave up. She was miffed but it solved the tension for me.

Happy New Year! 2021 was better than 2020 for me (health issues aside). Could use a winning lottery ticket like that Welland ON woman who won $250K on a Secret Santa scratch ticket!
    I just wondered - why are you no longer with PC Optimum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMEO and barbis9 like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's so wonderful to hear from you Ciel. I was literally thinking of you this afternoon but you mentioned that you were taking a hiatus..good to have you back.

I had a fun and different day. I awoke extremely early to texts from an enthusiatic brother who hit an awesome weight loss target..that then inspired me to try another yoga trainer on IFIT. I was so happy and found a slow and patient trainer that didn't make me contort my body in painful positions so that was great. Then a zoom ukelele session. I then went to pick up groceries from Metro paying their mere .05 cent "assembly charge". I stocked up on Classico Pasta Sauce, pizza sauce (not the classico too pricy for pizza), Johnsonville sausage, Potatoes, milk, canned goods and some other pantry heavy items. Was it worth pickup?, for a nickel..definitely yes.

Did I have any expired items? Yes just one. It was BB today's date so I certainly wasn't going to pay full price. I exchanged it and some mushrooms (had 3 days BB) for longer durations. DH thought it was pointless if I had to go in the store anyway but I was in the store for about 5 mins instead of 40 mins to 1 hour. So exposure wise pick up is still Preferred.

Going forward will I get pick up when buying heavy and bulky items, why not. I have no idea what the minimum spend is but I think it's similar to Walmart's. I will however, take a higher risk and shop in person at Frescho or No Frills for produce and meat at the local butcher or Independent.

So what's on the recipe trial docket for the next couple of weeks? Air fried Wontons, wonton soup, spring rolls and samosas and other items using Phyllo dough. (we've never attempted to make any of these but we dearly miss these items since moving from the GTA)

Have a nice evening everyone
    barbis9, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter- i just finished watching "Queenpins on prime i laughed thru a bit of it .As coupons have been my life for 30 some odd years.

My small stockpile is getting me thru this online ordering from walmart ,it is nice they let you order a few of their rollback specials also .I just wish they gave me a reciept .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lovely seeing you !!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post

ROMEO, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Curious as to whether people have watched the movie Queenpins on Prime? I couldn't contain my laughter re couponing obsession for the first 10 mins...then it was an ok movie...kind of like Good Girls series.
    Sadly, we do not have Prime. Eventually it'll be free on my Bell movie channels. Really excited to hear about you venturing into into making Samosas !!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    crafter- i just finished watching "Queenpins on prime i laughed thru a bit of it .As coupons have been my life for 30 some odd years.

My small stockpile is getting me thru this online ordering from walmart ,it is nice they let you order a few of their rollback specials also .I just wish they gave me a reciept .
    That's a bummer that Walmart doesn't give receipts for pickup. FYI Metro does, they attach your receipt to printed out pages of your order.

To be honest, I've adapted to submitting receipts for cashback for other stores. I have not yet figured out whether a snapshot of my computer screen is ok for Amazon or Walmart. guess it's time for me to give it a try.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Sadly, we do not have Prime. Eventually it'll be free on my Bell movie channels. Really excited to hear about you venturing into into making Samosas !!
    lol not just yet on the Samosas...I picked up egg roll wrappers as well and their not frozen lol. Ok I'm seriously looking for some help on some vegan and meat eater versions of Samosas.. with a nice spice but not torrential hot.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Best laid plans. Yesterday afternoon I went out to do the shovelling and clean off my car. Decided and not sure why but something told me to try starting Mom's car and good news it started. So I was able to clean her car off and let it run for a bit. I started my car and was cleaning it off and got a low tire pressure warning. Originally I was going to leave it since I wasn't actually going anywhere just cleaning my car off. But, I decided since it was a nice day so my hands would not freezer and what if I get called into the office, I do not want to be dealing with my tire at 6 am in the dark. So off I went to put air in my tire.

Mom said something about needing to go to the store today, not sure what store or for what but will get more info as I found a few things on sale I wouldn't mind stocking up on. Only downside to not go into branches is I do not find myself close to a RCSS and they have a few things on sale I would like to pick up. Not to mention Costco has a few things on sale I would like to pick up but not sure that will happen.

The person I am covering will not be back this week but the last few days things have slowed down so I finally feel like I can breathe and think and start laying out my plans for the next few months.

Today I need to break down a bulk bag of rice I picked up on the weekend, cut up a cantaloupe and tackle the kitchen floor. Not going to lie I keep putting off cleaning the kitchen floor. We really need to get the floor redone since the previous owner put wall tiles on the floor and they are so hard to clean but it is not top priority.

Happy Thursday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh the joys of being self employed especially during a pandemic means I unexpectedly got that day off. While it’s nice to have the day off so I can get my stuff in order it also is a bit of a financial gut punch. It’s times like this I’m thankful for living without debt, with savings/investments and within our means. Things are likely to get worse as time goes on.

On the to do list is the laundry that is starting to make its way out of the laundry room, clean the shower and go for a walk and test my foot for getting back to running ( fingers crossed)

But first coffee
    Last edited by harbie; Thu, Jan 13th, 2022 at 02:36 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hadn't been anywhere since Sunday so needed a change of scenery. After work had a shower and went to Dollar Tree. $6 spent on large rye bread, Spinach large wraps, burger buns and large pack of English muffins.
    Now I can make make egg mcmuffins tomorrow for breakfast. DS can eat up the chicken burgers in the freezer. We also have the beef patties I made last week.
    I am going to make Chicken tetrizini tomorrow night for dinner and will make extra chicken for DS to make chicken ceaser wraps.
    I found nice grape tomatoes for $1.99 pint so will use some in dinner tomorrow night and then Sunday I think I will saute them with peppers, onion with Shrimp or beef or something! Will make something good.
    So we have good food for the weekend so we can get stuff done around the house and no need for take out
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information