User Tag List

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get a chance to go for a walk but after my morning training session I decided to take a break and what I call spritz the bathroom. Where I just give the high traffic areas the sink, the toilet a wipe down. I still need to swiffer down the floor but later.

Then I took a shower as I just need some time not staring at my computer screen.

Just waiting for Mom to come down and discuss dinner, I am leaning towards Potato Soup but will see what she thinks.
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupongirl I too have an issue that I bite my nails when I am stressed. Until you find gloves, try wearing bandages on the really bad fingers but take off a night to let the skin heal.

Having my kitchen countertop replaced as its rotting. Wish the previous owners had put up a neutral backsplash, which they didn't. Because of the pattern, finding a nice looking match will be a real challenge. I really hate shopping as there is a gazillion colour choices (ugh!) and I'm have issues envisioning what a decent match would be. First world problems lol.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i don't know where to post my question; it does relating to being frugal
    i'd like to know if anyone is with Shaw and has a good package deal with them. I'm about to renegotiate with them. Currently i'm paying just over $93/month for internet, cable, and landline:
    internet 300
    limited TV + 2 extra channels
    landline with voicemail and call waiting
    apparently it's a total of $70 discount/month according to my current Shaw bill.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -thanks it sure is nice to know i am not alone.I pick the skin around my fingers ,my doctor said to put ointment on with a bandage as they are not that bad .Shoppers was all out of cotton gloves size L ,so i will keep looking.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well friends it certainly still is January! I tried walking this morning but didn’t get far as too cold! Thought I would stay in the rest of the day but too much pain so out I went again but this time in the direction of Timmies!
    Tis a good week to buy roast beast as about $5.00/lb at Food Basics and Sobeys. Many PC point offers out there this week but brain can’t wrap itself around it all. I will need to rethink the matter when brain cells at their prime.
    I’ve read about empty shelves at some grocery stores but I haven’t really noticed any drastic change.
    Has anyone else?
    Sorry to hear about your continued difficulties @coupon girl . I will continue to pray for you and yours.
    Keep safe and warm my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I’ve read about empty shelves at some grocery stores but I haven’t really noticed any drastic change.
    Has anyone else?
    I've seen some empty spaces, like when the hoarding started in 2020. Many stores like Walmart are re-distributing stock to make their shelves look more full than they really are. For example, they are short on produce, so meat is showing up in displays normally used by produce. Also, instead of stacking a few items on top of each other, they are spread out throughout the rack to give the semblance of selection and completeness.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Purdee-I am with Shaw too and I think you are paying less than me for very similar service. But call them and say it is too much for your budget and you are thinking of switching to the latest killer deal on Telus and what can they do for you.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG TGIF tomorrow altrought I have a lot of work to do and finish with life project this week end...
    Have a massive migraine headache so dinner was simple ... ham and veggies quiche and macaroni salad
    Had this morning an appointement with my denturologist for my prothesis ..omg it will be expensive ... but well worthed I think
    It will be ready in 2-3 week so I will enjoy more to eat again lol
    I am happy I finished this work that driven me crazy litterally and the deadline was tomorrow...so I can breathe again haha

Have a good evening and night

Now I am getting very worried something happen to @Ciel21 as her last post was january 12....so sad.... hope she is alright..
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also I have this little question: I purchased greek yogurt liberte at 4,99$ and the oikos was 6,99$ ...it is expensive so what could be the best price in grocery for greek yogurt? Thanks I liked and consider this as a snack to add to my routine.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    i'd like to know if anyone is with Shaw and has a good package deal with them. I'm about to renegotiate with them. Currently i'm paying just over $93/month for internet, cable, and landline:
    internet 300
    apparently it's a total of $70 discount/month according to my current Shaw bill.
    That's a pretty good deal and about what I had with Shaw until 2021-11. I had been able to extend that offer a couple of times by signing up for 2-yr deals. I called them early and asked them to extend. When they refused, I scheduled a disconnection date. Usually, they call back to retain. But, the last time, they refused to match or give me any deal. So, I was forced to carry through with my threat and switched to Telus.

At Telus, I got all services with fibre for $110 / month (2-yr deal). I don't even need the high speed, but took it since it was part of the deal. Limited TV, 1-Chinese channel, land-line (only caller ID). Also got the PVR thrown in along with all equipment rentals. It is a bit more, but tolerable. After I switched, Shaw came to try and win me back with their original offer, but I told them that I was already committed for 2 years and that they should have taken my request/offer when I tried to give them my business.

In truth, I recommend staying with Shaw. I found their services slightly better. They gave a few more phone services (i.e. Call waiting, caller ID, voicemail) free, and more promotional channel (free) offers -- but no PVR.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was in shoppers today and found a lot of gappy spots-not much fruit ,very little cereal,boxes on the floor of merchandise not yet unloaded and milk was down to about 10 bags .Sign of the times .

I posted under the brag section some really cheap deals i got at shoppers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    OMG TGIF tomorrow altrought I have a lot of work to do and finish with life project this week end...
    Have a massive migraine headache so dinner was simple ... ham and veggies quiche and macaroni salad
    Had this morning an appointement with my denturologist for my prothesis ..omg it will be expensive ... but well worthed I think
    It will be ready in 2-3 week so I will enjoy more to eat again lol
    I am happy I finished this work that driven me crazy litterally and the deadline was tomorrow...so I can breathe again haha

Have a good evening and night

Now I am getting very worried something happen to @Ciel21 as her last post was january 12....so sad.... hope she is alright..
    @cath007 I think @Ciel21 is doing good she said in late December that she will take some time off from social media.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Into a cold cold weekend but at least I don't have to think about work.

The kitchen was a mess this morning. Oldest DS needs a friendly reminder to clean up after himself. I cleaned the kitchen but the dishwasher needs to be run. Will do that when I get home and then DS can empty it before bed.
    I am on top of laundry so time to tackle the stuff my friend gave me. (bedding for my oldest- brand new flannel sheets he will love) I just need to wash them. ( she use to work in fancy place that sold high end bedding so she has tons and is always passing stuff on )

I am working at home the next 2 weeks so I will start posting stuff for sale on Sunday with hopefully pick ups arranged for Monday and Tuesday. Will start in the laundry room this weekend. It all needs to go!

Have a wonderful Friday and fantastic weekend everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is Friday, YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited for today, it was my catch up day which is always a favourite, it is me and my laptop and marking things off my to-do-list. There is something about crossing things off and seeing them getting down that always makes me happy.

I was going to take a break and make some waffles but got a roll and now it is almost lunch time, so I just had an apple with some peanut butter dip I made on the weekend and will move into lunch. Maybe waffles tomorrow or there is always dinner.

On that note, I have no plan for dinner. Need to figure that out.

I am really looking forward to this week, I just need a couple of day to recoup.

Happy Friday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    internet 300

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    @Purdee thanks for posting. I'm with Cogeco and have just internet and basic phone for $81, so I'm calling them about a better deal.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information