User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@coupongirl I hope your brother is more comfortable at home sending best wishes. @Frugalbigmama hoping your bestie avoids covid. Even with restrictions loosening today, it still feels like covid is not going away any time soon.

My sis in law is arriving later next week so it's time to focus more on some spring cleaning. She's a very neat and tidy person. With just the two of us here for the past month, I've pretty much ignored other areas like the guest room etc. Our daughter and partner are coming for a visit the following week. We're still avoiding socializing with anyone but close family but it's definitely time to get the dusters out.

Have a wonderful day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have decided I am officially in a funk but as I think about it, it is my usual winter funk. As I think back this happens to me almost every year in January & February. So instead of worrying about why I am feeling like this, I am just going to push forward.

Although I will say I feel like Mother Nature is messing with me. Since I did not shop on the weekend I had been planning to go tomorrow, I do not like shopping Mondays I find even before supply chain issues the shelves were empty. But now they are calling for snow, grrrrr, hoping it will hold off until late evening.

Yesterday was minimal for getting things done, snack mix made, BBQ Sauce made. Dinner was BBQ Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts. It was such an easy meal but I was so excited for this meal, it was so good.

Now to decide on tonight's dinner, thinking either Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Up with Cheesy Garlic Naan or Ground Orange Chicken over Rice with Veggies.

Today's goals: knock out a bunch of work stuff plus take some breaks and get some house stuff done.

Happy Monday Everyone
    Giseledta, walkonby and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry on the go. 1 bathroom cleaned. Kitchen clean. Garbage emptied and put out to garage. Driveway shoveled.
    Now off to put away clean bin of laundry and grab another load to put in washer when 1st one is done. I have enough racks to dry 2 large loads. Then I can put away both tomorrow..
    Then find 10 items to post for sale!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just called a guy on kijiji to pick up our old dishwasher (it sat out front for a month now ) before another storm hits .He was so polite and said thank you i will be there in an hour ,and he was.

Off to get the girls after school today .

Crafter-thank you my brother is 76 and been married 52 years now ,all he wants is to be around his wife and watch t.v .My daughter just chatted with me this morning and said why doesnt he go into hospice care .I truly understand as my dear mom didnt want to go into a nursing home .So she lived with us for 6 and a half years and her girlfriend said it is because she was truly happy .

So i will wear a PPE maybe end of week or early next week and go visit them in their apt,i will clean and vaccume for my 74 year old sister-in-law and a bit of other stuff .As she just had a bad fall herself .To be there for family is good.

My daughter is going to come in 2 weeks with sebastian so he can see his cousins and we will celebrate my son's birthday early ,cant wait to have my grown kids here and my grandkids .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    That's my method as well @flemeth ( soak and then pressure cook, takes only 6 minutes , if that ) but just reading how @SassyAshley says she freezes her beans after they have been cooked in her Instapot device now makes me want to have cooked beans at the ready in the freezer! I am going to try a batch soon.
    @walkonby I also freezes mine in batches it works out very wood for my family since we uses a lot with 2 vegetarian in the house. I do black beans, kidney beans , chick peas these are everyday staple in my house.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy monday.. going to be a bit of a week. but it willbe what it is ..
    spent a bit of time brain storming this am... came up with a menu for the month... might add a few more items to it as well.
    we are in good shape.

i dont plan on doing another big shop for 3 weeks. i odered a fruit and veggie box. ( cheaper then uber expensive store) and will hit shoppers this week for bread.. and dairy. .. prob need hubbies meds as well. so 2 birds one stone..

with the restritcions lifting.. i am going to hide in my house for a bit.. let it .. blow over. and simply wait it out as it were.

listed our snow blower on marketplace.. we simply dont like using it .. so it will and can leave. money in th e acct. hopefully it sells fast.

i have a plan for the kids for the week. should be a good week. ... might even get laundry folded in the evening...lol. no promises..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$271.79 - January savings total

Coupons - $48.75
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $9.83
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $40
    Air Miles - $70
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $55
    CO51 - $22.11
    Gift cards - $5 - Dempster’s Sobeys promo
    Stuff Sold - $20
    Tim’s Rewards - $1.10
    Tweets77 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread Information