User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some of the upcoming sale flyers for Ontario are being posted. Good deals on fresh stuff.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am struggling big time with my sleep.
    melatonin does not seem to work for me.. sigh

any hoo.. goal.. 2 hours between kitchen and dc rooms... then.. finish off the 2 loads of laundry.. and work on my desk.

making qusidillas. for supper and it s garbage and recycling tonight... i should go and get the mail as well
    Have you considered cannabis? Indica would make you drowsy and sleep. Indica oil that you put under your tongue.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, crafter and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am struggling big time with my sleep.
    melatonin does not seem to work for me.. sigh

any hoo.. goal.. 2 hours between kitchen and dc rooms... then.. finish off the 2 loads of laundry.. and work on my desk.

making qusidillas. for supper and it s garbage and recycling tonight... i should go and get the mail as well
    Mu hubby used to have that issue. He eventually took 2 types of melatonin...one quick acting to fall asleep and one slow acting to stay asleep. He took it for around 4 months and it seemed to help reset his sleep cycle.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I somehow missed a few pages of posts, just read back. @lilo0003 when you're eldest DS said what a great Mom you were, well....I teared up. You have plenty going on atm...(((hugs to Dh and you )))
    @SassyAshley isn't that just you're luck?! First day back and although you are not physically in the office, you are still expected to be 3 + people for the day. As you said, just take time to breathe.

If I wasn't married to DIY, handy man I would be up to my eyeballs in various repair bills. So to make MORE work for him
    ( unintentionally, I felt SO bad ). I bumped a mug that was in the sink that had a few utensils soaking in it. Of course the butter knife does a major lift off, spins and turns like an Olympic diver and falls right down the drain!

He did try the MacGyver thing by inserting a long stick with a very strong magnet attached to it. No luck, so he's inserted the metal strainer thingy back in ( I hate those! ) so no food goes down until he decides if he actually wants to go under the sink and dismantle the pipes.
    I'll bet he'll find more than that knife down there! I took the initiative to test all the remaining butter knives in my drawer and threw them ALL out! I replaced them with our fancy knives that we only use at Christmas Day/Thanksgiving, etc .
    Cutlery that are heavy to hold and have thick bottoms so they cannot fit the drain hole.
    I hope he doesn't hate me......it happened so fast!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Jan 4th, 2022 at 01:38 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    He did try the MacGyver thing by inserting a long stick with a very strong magnet attached to it. No luck, so he's inserted the metal strainer thingy back in ( I hate those! ) so no food goes down until he decides if he actually wants to go under the sink and dismantle the pipes.
    It shouldn't be a big deal. Kitchen sink plumbing is designed for such eventualities. They put in a trap for exactly these circumstances. A bucket to catch any leaking water is about all one needs when he opens the trap. It happens to the best of us. I would suggest you watch how easily things can be recovered, so that you can feel empowered enough to do it yourself next time. It's like changing a car tire. It may look daunting, but is very simple once you know how.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    The younger son actually was sick. Not Covid but a stomach bug that lasted about 2 days. Feels totally fine now. At 3 am I was up cleaning the bathroom and settling him back to bed after he threw up and the 21 year old woke up to see what was happening and said to me “you really are an amazing mom”. Made my day, of course it was 7 am before I fell asleep again. Thankful that today was a day off for me. DH is improving and so far the older son and I feel fine. So still hoping this remains the case. Sadly returning to work tomorrow but as I have done since March 2020, it’s a commute to my basement and for that I am grateful.
    @lilo0003 hoping everyone who is sick in your house is feeling much better. Your Family are lucky to have you and that was very sweet of your 21 year old to acknowledged and praised you for being an awesome mom.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i got nothing done today... nada... feel like a slug.

tomorrow is another day. i am hopig to sleep tonight... not holding out hope.

i am workng on a seriusly good grocery list. ... it will take me a bit...
    might add new recipies...

working on dc stuff as well... sigh...

might play on pinterest for a bit
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

does anyone have a good, and easy... sugar cookie recipe
    ROMEO, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

This seems like such an awful waiting game but so far DS1 and I are fine. DH is improving and bored to tears. He still has a really sore throat took today off because there is no way he could spend the day talking. I brought my laptop upstairs to work so it was a nice change of scenery. DS2 has recovered and is ready for remote learning. Thankfully he is old enough to manage and he says he does not mind the remote and they have end of term in 3 weeks.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Uggg, I always forget the second day back is harder than the first.

I was so tired last night I totally collapsed and was done. But I have to admit getting up this morning was not easy but forced myself to get up at 5. I am trying to get back into my routine and I find getting up at 5 helps me to have a slower start to my morning normally. Right now with a number of staff unable to come back to work yesterday this week will be a dive in head first week.

My goal for today is try to get some house stuff done. By the time I was done work, dinner was made, I was done, no housework was done. I really want to get back into the routine of being able to get some of the house work done during the week so I do not have to spend my whole weekend doing house work.

Last night was Beef and Broccoli over Rice with the leftover Spring Rolls and Dumplings from New Year's on the side. Was able to use up a few things out of the fridge and a package of Broccoli I brought up but did not make. Originally I had a Chicken Stir Fry on the menu plan but last night I was not feeling chicken so decided to have Beef and Broccoli instead.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery right now. Maybe keep it simple with Baked Potato Soup or I have a new recipe for Creamy Gnocchi I could try. We will see as the day goes on.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last week SK changed/reduced the quarantine period. Schools started back on Monday or Tuesday, depending on their school division. Mask mandate is the only thing in place. No limits on gathering sizes or dining in. Vaccine passport is required at certain places, but not all of them are following the rules. People are being told to use rapid Covid tests, which are pretty easy to find in SK. Even with reduced testing, my area of the province is at 4 active Covid cases per 1,000. Our local high schools had been blocking, 1 morning class and 1 afternoon class. February 1 they are returning to the 5 period school day, which will make Covid tracking even more difficult.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-good that your hubby is improving,you may just evade this omicron.

I was talking to my sister-in-law last night and my 24 year old neice had got covid 4 days she felt off sore throst ,tired ,(tested postive last week on a pcr test)My sister-in-law is in her late 50,s and she had 2 N95's which her and my neice wore around the house when my neice came out of her bedroom and she hasnt gotten it .

Off to pickup my canadian tire order minus the 2.99 box of magic chocolates (guess i didnt need them anyway my waist will thank me later-lol).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

doing a bit of money stuff today. ... then off to the dc rooms... goal is 1 spotless today

tomorrow i send off messages to my parents asking thier needs ... blah blah... dreading it. but it needs to be done.
    youngest goes back to halifax tonight. ... sigh.. i will miss having her around.

ok.. off to be a adult.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!!

It is trying to snow here. Sounds like a dumping is expected so we will see.

I plan to stop at RCSS on my way home to grab the 6pk romaine ($4.99) then straight home.

Last night all I did was make dinner and clean the kitchen after. (happy to have 2 large trays of chicken out of the kitchen freezer)
    I will make fried rice tonight for DS (I cooked a pot of rice last night) Salad and then we can have whatever leftovers.

I really need to get on the laundry but I may just wait till the weekend. Not a rush anyway. I've been wearing the same outfit for days

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been back in the classroom 3 days since the break. It was confirmed today that I’ve already been exposed to Covid positive students and staff. Glad I’ve had my booster and wear and good mask. Hopefully I stay healthy.

Edit: I did another rapid Covid test and it was negative. I need to get more tests, which our kids’ school is offering. I’ll probably test again on the weekend.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 5th, 2022 at 09:11 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information