User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-so sorry to hear about your DH. I hope he recovers quickly and nobody else in the family gets it-if possible crack open a window a bit to improve ventilation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    He has moved to the basement and will avoid us. I will be the one to bring him meals and we will both be masked when that occurs. At this point it’s inconvenient but other than mild symptoms he is fine. I have done a million loads of laundry and cleaned the house in an attempt to eradicate the germs. But only time will tell if the rest of us make it out unscathed. I did a rapid test and it was negative so fingers crossed.
    I agree with Lizzie; try to improve ventilation, if possible. I remember hearing of a similar case whereby a member was trying to isolate, but slept in a room below the master bedroom. The other occupants think they were infected via the ventilation. Don't know what measures you could take to mitigate the risk.

Oh, I did think of one thing that might help. Try to keep him in a room away from the air intake ducts within the house; they promote internal air re-circulation. see Recirculation is not ventilation.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sat, Jan 1st, 2022 at 06:47 PM.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , oh no, hope your DH recovers quickly and everyone remain symptom free
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to Shoppers, found some gift sets still - great prices and my little treat. I hope there isn't anymore lockdown news as I want my pool class at the Y to continue in the New Year.

I wish more people would cover their noses when they go out. On New Years Eve I lost track of how many people were in the mall with their nose exposed. Security just walks by and says nothing. So I'm avoiding the mall now until there is better enforcement and the numbers go down.

Last night I made scalloped potatoes, pork chops with gravy and lemon meringue for dessert. Too tired to have wine at midnight, so just exchanged kisses and went to bed. Boy do I feel old.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Not the start to 2022 I had hoped for but not a surprise, DH has Covid. He did a rapid test and in Ontario that’s as good as it gets now, he has a few symptoms so we have no doubt it’s accurate so we all isolate with him as per the guidelines. This makes for a forced frugal start to the year. He has moved to the basement and will avoid us. I will be the one to bring him meals and we will both be masked when that occurs. At this point it’s inconvenient but other than mild symptoms he is fine. I have done a million loads of laundry and cleaned the house in an attempt to eradicate the germs. But only time will tell if the rest of us make it out unscathed. I did a rapid test and it was negative so fingers crossed.
    DS2 went to Starbucks this morning and the payment system was down so his purchase that I had planned to pay for was free so that felt like a win.
    DS1 is still making a new year’s dinner of prime rib so that’s a nice treat.
    Sending best wishes to your hubby for a quick recovery and praying the rest of your family doesn't contact it. Hugs

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so sorry to read that @lilo0003
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0003 wishing that you DH get over this virus quickly and no one else in your family caught it.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks everyone. The windows were all open for about 4 hours today. It’s a good thing we are in balmy Ontario as it’s 5 degrees here. Kitchen window is still open. I like sleeping in the cold so will likely crack the bedroom window tonight.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had a good start to 2022 fitness goal wise. I went for a walk with my dog in the morning. I did a mild ifit rowing workout followed by a short bike ride in the basement. I definitely want to stick with my goals this year but I'm starting low and slow. I'm very excited about the end of next week. After 4 years of saving up gift money and from loyalty points... DH is getting his dream TV and sound system upstairs. We are going to take the old 52 inch tv and bring it down to the fitness area. The TV is 21 years old but with the Google TV plug in.. it seems to work ok for apps like Netflix and ifit.

Foodwise, we're pretty much stocked up so aside from doing a small bit of shopping, we can avoid the crowds shopping.

I bought a NY strip roast that DH cut into 3 steaks. We had a wonderful dinner of steak, whipped potatoes and asparagus. We are going to make steak sandwiches out of the 3rd one tomorrow covered with swiss and fried onions and mushrooms with au jus gravy.

Now we're just chilling and watching the hockey game with empty stands... wow that changed so fast. Stay safe.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-hope your hubby gets thru this in time .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-you can also try using your bathroom or kitchen fans to suck out some air too. Every little bit helps-the masks will help you all too. I was reading something the other day saying that sometimes people could catch the virus across a hotel hallway-particularly if both room doors were open at the same time. So likely best to go down to the basement and come up and shut the door before your hubs opens a door downstairs. Hope he can end his quarantine after day 5.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilo... hugs.

spent time with the kids.. had a nice supper... spent scene points.. watched 2 movies... the new james bond... and a marvels movie.
    we have alot of scene points.. so ... we will be working through those.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lilo0003 much the same as the other well wishers, I hope your DH's stint with covid turns out to be a mild case. That is such an inconvenience with lots of extra work for you, but if it decreases the chance of the rest of you catching it then it will be worth it.
    Take care!
    Frugal wise I am yet again going to make every effort to reach into the freezers first to create whatever meals we will have.
    I've banned take out food for this month! We have so many things to make healthy delicious meals from it's a crime to buy that crap.
    Hopefully the only stores I will need to visit will be to top up the fresh produce and dairy. Trying to stay inside every day now.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    First thing was first, I needed to tackle my kitchen. I am not going to lie we have been neglecting the hand dishes for a couple of days and there was quite the pile. I hate when this happens but I also let it happen so today it needed to be tackled. All dishes are done and drying. I will let them air dry and then put them away.

I also worked on my goals for 2022 today, I needed to get it down on paper as I feel like my head is spinning a little bit. I can admit it as I get closer to going back to work on Tuesday I am getting a little anxious. I know I will have a lot on my plate when we return and it is one thing to see the issue and realize I need to cut back it is another thing to be living it and not let it take over.

I really want to cut back and try to relax more in 2022. I realize I am my own worst enemy at times, I can give everyone else grace except myself. I get in these mind frames where I always need to do more. Getting 2 things a night around the house done isn't enough can I get 3, can I get 4 and the more I get done the more I need to get done daily and it starts to take over.

Thinking Dinner tonight will be leftover Ham, Homemade Mac & Cheese and some sort of veggie, maybe some green beans.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I must admit I put all dishes in the dishwasher-and I don't sort my laundry into colour piles either! Sounds lazy but it is super easy.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information