User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We got snow yesterday, not as much as they were calling for but still enough we need to shovel. But, I have decided nope, not today. It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow so I will shovel then.

I managed to get the hand dishes done yesterday but that was all. Work became insanely busy yesterday afternoon and as much as I wanted a break it was not possible.

Last night for dinner we had Meatballs in Mushrooms Gravy over Mashed Potatoes. Originally I was going to try a new recipe Beef Tips in Mushroom Gravy over Mashed Potatoes but with how busy work was I wanted something I could just make and not have to follow a recipe. Thinking maybe the One-Pot Chicken Lo-Mein tonight as I have 2 peppers to use up but we will see.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    Skippy, ROMEO, harbie and 6 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@crafter @harbie has some great ideas . We make a quinoa Broccoli casserole with beyond grounds I am sure you can put the sausage in there , a vegetable lasagna would be awesome with what you have ( ours is with eggplant, zucchini and peppers with any plant based item. Zucchini Boats are also tasty
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Afternoon!

Well I think I need to stop drinking coffee again . I cut out the dairy creamer months ago but my stomach has been upset for days. Will stop drinking it for 2 weeks and see if that helps. All I drink in a day is 1 coffee (sometimes more) and water. So maybe my morning smoothie will be my replacement for coffee. I will give it a try.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner. Homemade pizza. I ate snacks yesterday so I need a good little meal for dinner.
    harbie, barbis9, crafter and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got the dishwasher emptied and a few hand dishes done.

I have to remember to get up and move around when I am working for home. Good for work, I can literally sit at my laptop for hours working away but my body is not happy when I do this and I really felt it last week. So two birds, one stone, when I get up and move around I will tackle things around the house.

It was surprisingly quiet at work today so I took advantage and started to knock out some of my own work. Whenever I have to cover someone else it is always my own job that suffers.

Tonight's dinner is One-Pot Chicken Lo-Mein, it will use up the peppers I need to use and it is something different. We have made this recipe before but I have not made it in over a year.

I was looking over my goals today and I have been tracking my work hours because on things like this I am a visual person. So seeing it on paper helps me to see it more clearly (if that makes sense). Originally my goal was to try to limit my hours to 60 hours a week but as I look at this in my spreadsheet, I am thinking 50 is a better goal. I know there will be weeks I exceed the 50, heck even exceed the 60 but I feel 50 is a better goal, keeping it at 60 I do not think I will achieve the balance I am looking for this year. Since I started working remotely my work days average 10 to 12 hours vs 8 to 10 when I was working in the office.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    “Cheeses”- Mac and cheese, pizzas, top scrambles with.
    ”Meats” - pizzas, added to scrambles, sausages crumbled or sliced into pasta sauces, tenders tossed in buffalo sauce and used in wraps, or pizzas.
    Tofu makes great scrambles especially when topped with cheeses and meats. I also make tofu feta ( you need refined coconut oil)
    https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/. Sam has amazing recipe idea. I’m not an expert in Tempe
    https://www.theedgyveg.com/. Candace has fantastic meals too.

https://virtuouspie.com/blog/canada/...ome-tofu-feta/
    Thank you for your wonderful feedback and ideas. We've started integrating
    Thank you @ HermanH and @flemeth as well..I've ordered some zuchini for pick up tomorrow to try the boats and have the lasagna ingredients
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Skippy the thread dweller comment made my day, DH and I call ourselves the basement dwellers, someday we will come back to the surface. Dinner today is quiche, the ham from Sunday has served us well. Tomorrow my DS1 will make fried rice with it. Yesterday it was breakfast for dinner, I think we will freeze the left overs for future omelets.
    We subscribed to Brit box for the month so I am binge watching call the midwife and stayed up too late last night and now I am paying the price.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I had a semi productive day. A few loads of laundry, DH vacuumed and our quest to empty our cupboards and freezer continued. I started some bean sprouts today. Once I'm in a rinsing routine.. i.e. 3 to 4 times a day, I'll start back doing a mix of various sprouts, they're tastier than lettuce in the winter.
    We found the most wonderful surprise in our freezer today, two burgers that we BQ'd a while back and Dempsters gold hamburger buns. What a nice treat for lunch. We're using some leftover chicken to make a faux general tao (VH sauce) along with rice and corn. We also have a loaf of french bread in the machine for tuna sandwiches tomorrow.
    I decided to do a grocery pickup tomorrow for some essentials. I also scored phyllo pastry on sale at Metro for $1.79 which is cool. We want to try to make some samosas. I also found an offer for 120 airmiles wus $100 on the airmiles website which is helpful.
    Have a nice evening!
    Last edited by crafter; Tue, Jan 11th, 2022 at 06:01 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Even my Wendy's are taking down their plastic barriers. I guess they weren't that useful, after all. A big show for nothing.
    Really? wow
    SassyAshley, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Afternoon!

Well I think I need to stop drinking coffee again . I cut out the dairy creamer months ago but my stomach has been upset for days. Will stop drinking it for 2 weeks and see if that helps. All I drink in a day is 1 coffee (sometimes more) and water. So maybe my morning smoothie will be my replacement for coffee. I will give it a try.
    Have you tried a lighter coffee? I find breakfast blend is milder and easier on the stomach. I would hate to give up coffee. I also use milk in my coffee which is better than creamer. For some reason flavored coffee upsets my stomach.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I tried PC quiche two pack that I picked up on seniors day that was delicious. I cooked both of them and had dinner two days in a row.

Still super cold (cold weather warning in place) so limiting my outdoor activities. Hoping the week warms up as I need to take the bus into Hamilton and don't want to freeze at the bus stop.

Really enjoying "You" on Netflix, have been bingeing the series and waiting for the new Ozark. Would love to watch Yellowstone but not sure where I would watch that. Is it on Paramount?

Stay warm everyone!
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Jan 11th, 2022 at 06:16 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, crafter and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I tried PC quiche two pack that I picked up on seniors day that was delicious. I cooked both of them and had dinner two days in a row.

Still super cold (cold weather warning in place) so limiting my outdoor activities. Hoping the week warms up as I need to take the bus into Hamilton and don't want to freeze at the bus stop.

Really enjoying "You" on Netflix, have been bingeing the series and waiting for the new Ozark. Would love to watch Yellowstone but not sure where I would watch that. Is it on Paramount?

Stay warm everyone!
    I watched "You" as well and like you, waiting for Ozark.

Yellowstone is airing on Amazon Prime as well. Enjoy!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -yellowstone is on amazon prime -i think .Another good series is "your Honour" on crave i believe .

frugalbigmama -my hubby gave up cream in his coffee a few months back and feels a lot better now he drinks 3 a day ,odd time 4 .I am a tea drinker thru and thru.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I watched season 1 & 2 of You when it came out but just finally found the time to watch season 3. I still enjoyed season 3 but I did like 1 & 2 better. It will be interesting to see what route they take with season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post

Stay warm everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Funny timing, I just got an email from my boss asking me what tasks I am still doing that can be moved to someone else. I have not responded yet, will do so in the morning.

The person I am covering might be back Thursday so my hope is, if they are back I can spend Thursday and Friday laying out my plans for the rest of January. Only "issue" about taking work off my plate is my work is stuff I do not have manuals for so before I can move tasks I have to create the manuals and training materials. But I won't think about that until I am just being me.

Now if only I could take some of the house stuff off my plate LOL.

I had planned to wash our bedding this week but think I will hold off until next week and use the cheaper Hydro rate. Tomorrow I need to shovel, dig out the cars, see if we can get Mom's car started and either the Kitchen Floor mopped or Bathroom cleaned. Going to be realistic I won't get both done on a work day.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information