User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , this made me laugh.

Same things happens when Mom goes shopping with me. The bakery section always pulls her in. I try to combat it by making homemade treats but those treats can be very tempting LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The other we'll cook as is. I must stop taking DH with me when I shop....another bakery cake was in the cart, and his expensive Balderson cheese!

lol.
    barbis9, walkonby and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Monday, it is time to refresh, reset, refocus and get back on track. I was happy with everything I got done yesterday but knew there were a few things I did not get to. Those are my focus today.

With that being said just found out the person I am covering is not back today as planned. But with the snow hoping today will be a slow day. So far one branch has closed because of the snow will see if anymore close as the day goes on. As well looks like most trucks are parked for the day.

Well I made my breakfast I got the kitchen floor swept, now I just need to mop it. Then I need to get the Bathroom done.

Tomorrow will be laundry and bedding, probably going to take me 2 days. Between our weekly laundry (2 loads), couch blankets (1 load) and winter bedding (4 loads), I think 2 days is realistic.

Happy Monday
    walkonby and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Bus service canceled and schools closed so DS gets to stay home. I had to drop dog off around the corner at her spa appointment. I will pick her later.

Thinking about dinner. Hmmm. I'm thinking baked potatoes (we have everything needed for toppings) ceaser salad, green beans and steak! Sounds good to me. Will take the meat out of the freezer now. I took out a package of pork chops too so my meat eater can have lots and we need to eat the pork chops.

Stay safe everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jan 17th, 2022 at 09:51 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow we have a lot of snow in the driveway! I shoveled a tiny area for our dog to do his business but I'll let DH take care of the rest.
    We had a wonderful few days with our new food challenge. It truly is amazing what one can cook/bake at home. We made wonton soup, air fried wontons, Chicken Lo Mein, veggie fritters, butter chicken, Naan bread, vegan samosas and baklava. Thanks to some of the people here for cooking inspiration.
    I've arranged for a charity pick up early next week so I'm going to focus hard on clothing donations. I have drawers full of things I don't wear and very little space for the items I do wear. I'm also going to start some spring cleaning on drawers and cupboards. It's amazing what treasures I find when I do that.
    Have a wonderful day and enjoy the snow
    Last edited by crafter; Mon, Jan 17th, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I sense an international theme in your cooking-yum.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Getting my steps in shoveling snow. Main part of the drive way is done (part of it for a 2nd time) DS will do the end.
    Good fresh air.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

By the end of the day all of our southern branches had been closed, trucks off the road due to snow.

Even though the person I am covering is not back it was a pretty quiet day so I was to catch up on some of my own work. I was also able to take some breaks and get a few things done around the house. When I do housework like this it takes me longer to get it done but got a few things I kept putting off, off my list. The kitchen floor has been scrubbed and the bathroom has been cleaned. The bathroom needs a deep clean (walls, baseboard, ect) but that is not a task to tackle on a work day.

Dinner was one pan creamy sundried tomato & basil gnocchi. Not bad but the recipe said it made 4 serverings, nope one bowl each and it was done and they were not oversized bowls. It was good but I would cut back the basil, a little overpowering and by the end of the bowl was finding a little too rich. I think next time I might add some broccoli or something to lighten it up. Mom suggested adding bacon as she wanted something crunchy and it reminded her of carbonara.

Tomorrow will be dig out day. I saw two neighbours get stuck trying to get out. Not only will we need to clean off the cars but we will need to dig them out to move them, there will be no driving out without digging.
    barbis9, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugg super tired today. I am not sure why, they came and plowed yesterday evening after the snow stopped but they came back at 2 am this morning and plowed again. This woke me up and I was not able to fall back asleep.

Today we dig out and tonight we get more snow. They are calling for another 5 - 10 cm tonight. I think it is safe to say winter is officially here.

I have to figure out dinner for tonight. I am thinking a slow cooker meal, something I can put on and let it cook well we dig out from the snow. Maybe Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie, only thing is I need to make bun to go with it. I did not get the buns made on the weekend but maybe if I put them in the bread machine Mom will finish them. You are supposed to make biscuits to go on the side but I am not biggest fan of biscuits, so thinking maybe Potato Buns instead.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    Skippy, lilo0003 and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I am proud of myself. I entered '22 with a commitment to be vigilant about frugality, especially shopping sales and couponing...and I just did both. I took Royale up on its offer of $10 (2x$5) coupons back for every $25 spent for up to 5 redemptions and I just completed the 5th one. I shopped only the sales (Royale seems to be *always* on sale somewhere) and I used coupons with each product, being sure to give the coupons at the end of being rung up so they weren't obviously for the Royale. And now I have $50 worth of $5 coupons good on any Royale product(s) that expire on August 31 to cover my paper goods for '22. I figure the $125 I spent actually bought (or will buy) about $200+ worth of things I'd need to buy anyway. And it was fun because it was a game. Well, other than DH rolling his eyes a few times, it really was fun.

The offer is on until Jan. 31, BTW. https://royalerewards.ca/#
    Last edited by wendymac; Tue, Jan 18th, 2022 at 09:14 AM.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change of plans, I forgot the reason I choose this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie recipe was because you make what looks like this yummy sauce separate and add to the slow cooker. But that seems like a lot of work with all of the other things I need to get done today so we will hold off on that, maybe tomorrow.

Instead today will be Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken and closer to dinner I will make a batch of rice and cook up some stir fry veggies from the freezer.

Once I get the slow cooker going and a few more work things done I will start the dig out process.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I am excited to go out today to get a few errands done. The sun is shining!

I dropped DS off at school for 8am. So weird that he is not home since he has been for the last month 24/7! I was a nice mama and packed him a lunch too

I need to cook the pork chops I took out yesterday. Think I will put them in a baking dish with bbq sauce (use up bottles in fridge) and toss it in the oven. The boys can have them for dinner. I think I will have chicken and veggies. Keeping it light!

Have a great day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    I am proud of myself. I entered '22 with a commitment to be vigilant about frugality, especially shopping sales and couponing...and I just did both. I took Royale up on its offer of $10 (2x$5) coupons back for every $25 spent for up to 5 redemptions and I just completed the 5th one. I shopped only the sales (Royale seems to be *always* on sale somewhere) and I used coupons with each product, being sure to give the coupons at the end of being rung up so they weren't obviously for the Royale. And now I have $50 worth of $5 coupons good on any Royale product(s) that expire on August 31 to cover my paper goods for '22. I figure the $125 I spent actually bought (or will buy) about $200+ worth of things I'd need to buy anyway. And it was fun because it was a game. Well, other than DH rolling his eyes a few times, it really was fun.

The offer is on until Jan. 31, BTW. https://royalerewards.ca/#

I also took advantage of this deal. I just need to make 1 more purchase to get to 5 . Will make sure I do it before the promo ends. Been using the coupons from the spent $20 get $ 5 coupon and others coupons
    Skippy, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Working on laundry today. I just wasn't motivated to do it till now.

I've also been researching my Ontario road trips for this summer. Have great ideas for food for the 1st few days including dinner which is awesome! Will have a few dinners out but having food ready in the cooler makes for more travel/exploring time and better for health and wallet
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean. Chops in oven. 2 large loads of laundry washed and hanging to dry. I may put on another load on tonight just don't want to get ahead of myself.

DS got lucky and the neighbour cleared the end of our driveway before he got home from school which was nice.

Once I am done all the laundry I am going to take 2 empty bins to the basement and fill them up with stuff I can post for sale. I need to get moving on this.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Glad to see that everyone made it through that storm.
    Here in the Shwa we got the most in Ontario yesterday (so much for my theory of living in a temperate zone between two nuclear plants!).
    I would like to think that today would be a good day for finding reduced stuff at the store. Given nobody went shopping yesterday. However wanting to not walk amongst the snow drifts overcame my spirit of frugality.
    Whatever you are up to today stay safe and warm!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information