User Tag List

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning

Went out to SDM this morning 8 am that’s there opening in first customer in , to grab some Of the Royale paper towels and all was gone. RCSS Is in the same strip so when over there and the shelves were also cleared guess people are hoarding. I just wanted to used up some coupons that will Expired in March decided not to chase this. Also had an offer for eggs for $1.99 and there is none.

Now I will just tidy up our family room and laundry is on the go
    Did you get a rain check at SDM? Apparently they are good for 30 days at any SDM. I usually take the sales sticker to the cashier and they usually give me a limit of 4. One is usually enough for me.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Didn't feel much like a frugal NF shop this afternoon when I saw the OOP amount, but it was a definite bulk top up sort of shop , including many new to us assorted flavoured water and beverage things, 3 OTC pharmacy type supplements and pain tablets ( they cost big time! ) along with all our of fresh stuff. meh? we shouldn't be back for a week or more at least.

At Metro ( ty @Skippy for the reminder about the sale on roast beasts ) we bought 2 large roasts, ( $54.00 worth..eek! ) DH will cut one of them into steaks. The other we'll cook as is. I must stop taking DH with me when I shop....another bakery cake was in the cart, and his expensive Balderson cheese!
    Other items brought the OOP up to $112.00 !! So I redeemed $100.00 worth of my Air Miles. Gotta cut the fat somewhere!
    lol.
    Costco has great prices on Balderson if you are a member. Their smoked cheese is to die for....its that good.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I ventured to the pharmacy on Sat but they were only offering Moderna so the pharmacist booked me in for Pfizer yesterday. I was surprised as it took months to book a booster and I went online recently and got in within 3 days of re-booking versus my original Feb 7th date. In spite of the storm I called the pharmacy and showed up on Monday. Lots of no shows but I was lucky to get my Pfizer booster. My arm hurts and I have a headache but otherwise very happy.

For those waiting for a booster, even if you are on a wait list - check online to see if any days have opened up. I'm glad I did with SDM.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Jan 20th, 2022 at 04:00 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Did you get a rain check at SDM? Apparently they are good for 30 days at any SDM. I usually take the sales sticker to the cashier and they usually give me a limit of 4. One is usually enough for me.
    The SDM around my area does not give a rain check when it’s a 1 day or 2 day sale
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I ventured to the pharmacy on Sat but they were only offering Moderna so the pharmacist booked me in for Pfizer yesterday. I was surprised as it took months to book a booster and I went online recently and got in within 3 days of re-booking versus my original Feb 7th date. In spite of the storm I called the pharmacy and showed up on Monday. Lots of no shows but I was lucky to get my Pfizer booster. My arm hurts and I have a headache but otherwise very happy.

For those waiting for a booster, even if you are a wait list - check online to see if any days have opened up. I'm glad I did with SDM.
    @barbis9 glad you got your booster. My entire family got the Pfizer for all 3 shots. We didn’t want to mix vaccines

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So stopped at my sons this afternoon to take the girls xmas gifts from their aunt and sebastian ,then played outside with them in the snow.

On the way home stopped into canadian tire as my hubby loves k-cups so got two boxes of 60 each 24.99 plus 25X the points personal offer whcih gave me $6.50 back in canadian tire money ,same price as amazon but i got the extra points plus i didnt feel anxiety going in and out (it wasnt busy )
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 18th, 2022 at 07:25 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Grateful that DH insisted on a ridiculous snow blower 25 yrs ago. I grew up in snow and I know snow so I can confirm we got walloped yesterday. I have lived in this city 28 yrs and this was likely one of the highest snowfalls ever. But thanks to DH our drive and a few neighbours were nice and clear even after the plow came through. DS2 wanted to bake a cake last night & I realized we had no cake mix. I have lots of skill but I have never made a cake from scratch but there was no way I was leaving home for a mix. So he and I made a very yummy chocolate cake from scratch.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another busy day but the person I have been covering is back. It was nice to only be me today.

Only got the bare bones done around the house today, dishwasher emptied and reloaded.

Dinner was Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Rice & Stir Fry Veggie, Yum, I am sucker for anything Balsamic. Drizzled a little of the cooking liquid over the rice and veggies, so good.

Went out on my lunch break to shovel the snow, oh my, it was light and fluffy but so much of it. I knew well I was shovelling the steps it was going to take a few goes at it to get all the snow cleared. But to my surprised I walked over to clear my car off and dig it out and I do not know who but one of my neighbours did it for me. So I only had to do our steps and Mom's car. Wish I knew who it was, I would make them a batch of cookies.

Had my yearly chat with our internet provider, I was offered two different packages the only real difference was one came with Disney+ free for a year but would have cost me an extra $30ish per month, nope. At that rate I might as well just pay for Disney+ if we want it.

They are calling for another 5 to 10 cm of snow tonight, I won't be sad if it misses us.

Will check out the flyers tomorrow and see if I should try to go out tomorrow (will also depend on the snow) or wait until next week. We are holding up well in terms of groceries but will need to go to Costco within the next 2 to 3 weeks.
    wendymac likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

returning in person to life project is difficult....I was more confortable with online with all the cases of covids
    I took a walk and I felt...no hurry per chance
    I will have my vaccine friday
    I went to pharmacy to pick up covid cases test just in case....you never know
    I purchased a brand new portable because the other one is dead
    lack of motivation and tired...maybe a shower will change my mind!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early and got a few things knocked out for work. Starting to feel like things are falling back into place, I am getting back into my routines, dinners are back on track and I feel like I can take a breathe and I am not chasing the latest little fire.

I am thinking Fajitas for dinner but will see what Mom thinks, the other day when I suggested fajitas I got a face. She did not want peppers. If we don't have fajitas maybe something with pork chops, options, we will see.

Last night well I was making dinner I also made a crustless cranberry pie. I had some cranberries from from Christmas I did not use since I ended up skipping Christmas. They needed to be used as some were starting to go soft.

Only got a light dusting snow last night, yippee. Will have to do a light shovel but nothing like digging out yesterday.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    barbis9, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Looks like we got a bit more snow overnight.

Started work early today but before I did I cleaned up the kitchen and have everything ready to make an egg on a toasted English muffin.
    I have a few chicken breasts thawed in the fridge to cook up today. DS wanted some for chicken ceaser wraps.
    Thinking chicken parm for dinner since we have an open box of the chicken patties to use up. And tons of white cheese to use up that my sister sent me home with Christmas eve.

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Things that make you laugh. This morning I thought to myself I want a nice breakfast maybe I will make some baked oatmeal. I looked up the recipe and it has to bake for 45 minutes, nope I need something quicker.

An hour and a half later I still have not had breakfast, still cannot think of anything easy to make.

Yep should have just made Oatmeal, I would have made it, ate it and cleaned up from it by now LOL.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and crafter like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -i make quick oatmeal in the microwave 1 and a half minutes and a cut up apple in it before i cook then add pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup
    My body cant stomach the instant pkgs of quaker oatmeal any more.

My little granddaughter cara(age 4) has gone for an ultrsound this morning at a childrens hospital (it is her 6 month review)only one parent allowed .Hope everything is okay for her .

I was gonna use sobeus delivery grocery service but they are booked up til sunday as i had free delivery code.So i will put in an order to walmart soon for friday or sat .

Just posted a puzzle on kijiji but nobody has messaged me for any of them and i am asking a cheap price .They sold really well when the stores were shut.

I may go out and shovel the front porch off even better as it will freeze tonight .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just put a grocery order in for walmart for thursday as i havent gotten groceries since 2 weeks now ,mind you we were not home on the weekend at daughters .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a bit of a day. We had to move our cars for snow removal and I was hopeful since it was a warmer day Mom's car would start, nope. Luckily the people who were here to clear the snow came early to help if anyone was stuck in the snow and needed to be dug out. They also had a set of booster cables and were able to boost Mom's car. So well they were clearing the snow she sat in her car with it running. He also showed Mom that her battery needs to be replaced, he pointed out a few things to her like a connection is corroded and there was frost on her battery.

Since we had to have our cars out of the parking lot anyways I took the opportunity to run to the grocery store and grab a few things. I had planned to go shopping this weekend but it looks like we are going into a deep freeze again so this way if I do not make it out we have what we need on hand. I got:
    2 x Yogurt $1.88 PM Freshco
    3 x Zucchini $0.88/lb PM Freshco
    1 x Milk
    2 x Peameal $1.88/lb
    1 x Clementines 5 lb $3.77
    3 x Mangos $0.88
    2 x Mozzarella Cheese
    1 x Cheddar Cheese

The shelves at my store was quite bare, they had no eggs, there was very little 1% Milk, they were filling the 1% section with 2%, they had no tuna only flavoured, no lemons. Even as I just walked down some isles I saw a bunch of empty spaces. They were stocking the shelves well I was there but they seem to adding more of what they had and not restocking the empty spaces.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, my original plan will not work as I have a late afternoon meeting which means I won't be available to make my original plan. Then I planned a pork dish but Mom said she is having Peameal for Breakfast so no Pork for dinner. So now I am trying to find plan C.

I do not know why but I thought yesterday was Thursday so I started working on next week's to do list only to realize it was only Wednesday. I still have time to knock a few more things off this week's list before things move to next week's list. Right now I have laundry going.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information