User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just converted my 3 hundred some odd esso points over to pc.points got 2,000 for it .

Gonna go out and pick up my groceries from walmart in awhile .

Oh and my littlest granddaughter cara was at the kids hospital yesterday for her 6 month checkup and she is doing better doesnt have to be on these meds anymore .She at age 4 was so sceptical no needle and no sticking up my nose she told the nurse .The nurse replied no just jelly on your belly as she had to have an ultrsound -lol .The nurse told my daughter-in-law see these poor little ones were getting so many covid tests they are now scared of nurses a bit.
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Got my walmart order $111 instead of 133,but alas they didnt have a few items .I got charged 9.97 for a ham and it had a reduced sticker of $3.50 on it ,so i called to be refunded to my credit card and she said nope she wouild just give me the 9.97 back on my credit card ,so free half a ham for us .lol

My son asked if i needed anything from costco sol i told him 4 butter 4.50 each natrel(i really like this butter better than the no name from shoppers) and some bread ,then he sat and had a visit with us.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    My son asked if i needed anything from costco sol i told him 4 butter 4.50 each natrel(i really like this butter better than the no name from shoppers) and some bread ,then he sat and had a visit with us.
    I haven't tried Natrel. How easy is it to spread? I have read and found that the butter I use is hard as a rock, even at room temperature. I need to warm it in the microwave oven to make it malleable. I think that someone wrote on the forum that it was due to the addition of palm oil. Is this also the case for Natrel?
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Natrel is so easy to spread that is why i like it ,the bricks are in the freezer so i dont feel like going down 2 flights to the basement just yet to let you know if palm oil is an ingredient .
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    The SDM around my area does not give a rain check when it’s a 1 day or 2 day sale
    I usually get the raincheck for the other price that is listed after the 1-2 day sale. So if kleenex are $4.49 for 2 day sale, than $4.99 for the rest of the week, I will get the raincheck for the $4.99 price.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Grateful that DH insisted on a ridiculous snow blower 25 yrs ago. I grew up in snow and I know snow so I can confirm we got walloped yesterday. I have lived in this city 28 yrs and this was likely one of the highest snowfalls ever. But thanks to DH our drive and a few neighbours were nice and clear even after the plow came through. DS2 wanted to bake a cake last night & I realized we had no cake mix. I have lots of skill but I have never made a cake from scratch but there was no way I was leaving home for a mix. So he and I made a very yummy chocolate cake from scratch.
    That's impressive that the snow blower still works 25 years later.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I haven't tried Natrel. How easy is it to spread? I have read and found that the butter I use is hard as a rock, even at room temperature. I need to warm it in the microwave oven to make it malleable. I think that someone wrote on the forum that it was due to the addition of palm oil. Is this also the case for Natrel?
    @HermanH I too have noticed butter being harder to spread.

https://food52.com/blog/25998-canadian-butter-crisis
    lilo0003 and HermanH like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , from what I have read, it will not be in ingredient list because they are not putting the palm oil in the butter. They are feeding it to the cows and ends up in the butter through the milk.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Natrel is so easy to spread that is why i like it ,the bricks are in the freezer so i dont feel like going down 2 flights to the basement just yet to let you know if palm oil is an ingredient .
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am exhusted. what a week. tomorrow is friday .. and i am very happy for that.

i am trying to rearrange my schedual... so this busy .. is purely me doing it to myself... partially...

any hoo

supper is in the oven. i am very thankful for those stuffed chicken breasts i made on the weekend. very thankful .

on track for tonight.. is clean the kitchen after supper.

i might do a bit of playing on pinterest.. and write out the next few weeks of activities... re Valentines day.

might research a few .... easy prep a head and pop in the freezer meals a s well. hmm options options.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Needed to get out of the house for a bit today after work and decided I should see what grocery deals I could find. People posting locally empty shelves so didn't want to wait till the weekend.

Found stuff we will need in a few weeks and stocked us up (sour cream, Mozz cheese to make lasagna next week, almond milk (hidden in fridge as back up after we use the other ones) Found salsa and coconut milk with 2023 expiry on clearance cart so grabbed a few of each.

I was starving and really wanted to pick up something bad to eat but was good and came home and made a salad and few spring rolls in the air fryer (open packages in freezer to use up)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We are doing well with the use what we have plan. I finally finished up some of those Purex laundry sheets that I bought when I 1st started couponing so likely 10 yrs old. Tonight the kids had pizza from homemade dough I had frozen. Like Giseldta I really appreciate when prior meal prepping saves me work. The menu is planned for the next two weeks and I think we may need a bit of fresh veg but other than that I will be avoiding the grocery store. Older son started a new job but he is not much of a lunch person so he will just have some fruit during the day and if he changes his mind we will come up with a plan.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are struggling, but trying to do our best. Continuing to rapid test our family. I’m teaching in a physical school and our children attend another school. The amount of Covid cases in our schools and community is concerning to say the least.

Since I’m on an 80% contract, I don’t teach this morning. I’m watching a movie and eating junk…trying to bring my stress/anxiety level down. My current contract ends in a week, which means that I currently do not know my employment situation for February.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have not been outside and will not being outside but can tell it is cold.

I am washing our bedding and our basement is quite cold this morning. I have turned up the heat slightly.

Regular laundry was done yesterday, working on bedding today. I have also decided to wash the pillows to take advantage of the lower hydro rates.

On Wednesday, I thought it was Thursday and was a little worried when I was looking at my to-do-list that I had fallen behind. Then I realized it was only Wednesday and still had 2 days. Now that it is Friday I am checking my to-do-list and I am in a good place. There are one or two things that might carry over but I am happy with where I am. This is the first time in a couple of months I have felt on top of everything.

Tonight's dinner is still a mystery, will see if Mom has any cravings.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** @Angela273
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    **HUGS** @Angela273
    same for me @Angela273 (((hugs)))
    @SassyAshley I am also taking advantage of the lower hydro rates. Loving not having to do midnight laundry!
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information