User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Christmas 2022

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Working on gathering "food" for Grandma's Christmas box. Took a walk around a Zehrs while out of town. Founds Oatmeal cookies for 50 cents a package with and August 2023 Expiry! 4 packages for the box!
    Purdee, cath007, HermanH and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Let the Christmas baking begin! I've gotten a small head start on some baked sweets and actual foods ( meats ) that are all wrapped up and frozen.
    We've got a big and busy calendar planned this December which involves a varied menu for 3 separate days. Tonight I did up 2 more quickie dessert items.
    A pan of Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars and another pan of bars that have an Oreo crumb crust with sweetened condensed milk poured over, topped with
    dried cranberries, mini red and green smarties, flaked coconut and slivered almonds.
    I had to reorganize the stand up freezer to make room for the new things coming into it and now everything for the 3 meals are on the same 2 shelves.
    Can't be digging in a panic later on trying to find some of these things when the day comes.
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'll post this here since it was because of Christmas that I even went out.
    DS was supposed to go to the Mall with his Dad to do their Christmas shopping.
    DH was unavailable to drive him ( very much under the weather), so I volunteered.
    Plan was drop DS at Mall entrance, I'd hit up the Thrift Store across the road, agreeing to meet up 1 1/2 hrs later at the Food Court.
    Got to the Thrift store, then realized my walker was at home! Gingerly made my way to the store to discover it's closed on Sundays.
    ( why do they have all the lights on if they are closed!? )

Back to the Mall, struggled to find a close parking spot to the entrance. Inside to find the elevator was out of service so
    extra steps to the escalator necessary to reach the lower concourse.
    Passed more shops than I wanted to in order to reach the desk to " rent " a walker ( thank goodness they still had one ).
    My ankle high winter boots began pinching. This would not do, so thought I'd find the closest place to buy just a cheap
    pair of sneakers OR slippers to wear as I walked the Mall.
    ha ha ha
    Whatever made me think The Bay would have anything under $30.00? but they were the closest place. They did not even
    have a slipper under $50.00.
    I took some flack from a couple of well meaning perfume gals for coming up the escalator with that walker,
    they directed me to the shoe dept. then strongly suggested I use the elevator to go back down.
    You guessed it! Elevator next to the useless shoe dept. was out of service. Luckily I was able to " escape " The Bay at one
    of their entrances that led back into the Mall.
    Back on the upper level My luck suddenly changed!! A shoe place by the name Call It Spring had ONE last pair of dusty rose
    Crocs with fur liners for.......can you believe it? $4.98 !! In MY size!
    Of course the down side was THEY WERE CROCS! ( in public ) and also I had wasted most of an hour doing JUST that stuff
    so I simply rolled my way over in my oh so stylish Crocs to the Food Court to eat my feelings!
    Mmmm, a single Mr Greek large braised lamb bone and chose veggies from Bourbon Street. A medium Timmies to
    bring comfort as I waited on DS.

His adventure was way better than mine was thank goodness! Did all that he wanted to, going over budget but he is really
    into the fact that we're having 10 at the table here this year for dinner. There will be games!
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Dec 12th, 2022 at 04:03 AM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I'll post this here since it was because of Christmas that I even went out.
    DS was supposed to go to the Mall with his Dad to do their Christmas shopping.
    DH was unavailable to drive him ( very much under the weather), so I volunteered.
    Plan was drop DS at Mall entrance, I'd hit up the Thrift Store across the road, agreeing to meet up 1 1/2 hrs later at the Food Court.
    Got to the Thrift store, then realized my walker was at home! Gingerly made my way to the store to discover it's closed on Sundays.
    ( why do they have all the lights on if they are closed!? )

Back to the Mall, struggled to find a close parking spot to the entrance. Inside to find the elevator was out of service so
    extra steps to the escalator necessary to reach the lower concourse.
    Passed more shops than I wanted to in order to reach the desk to " rent " a walker ( thank goodness they still had one ).
    My ankle high winter boots began pinching. This would not do, so thought I'd find the closest place to buy just a cheap
    pair of sneakers OR slippers to wear as I walked the Mall.
    ha ha ha
    Whatever made me think The Bay would have anything under $30.00? but they were the closest place. They did not even
    have a slipper under $50.00.
    I took some flack from a couple of well meaning perfume gals for coming up the escalator with that walker,
    they directed me to the shoe dept. then strongly suggested I use the elevator to go back down.
    You guessed it! Elevator next to the useless shoe dept. was out of service. Luckily I was able to " escape " The Bay at one
    of their entrances that led back into the Mall.
    Back on the upper level My luck suddenly changed!! A shoe place by the name Call It Spring had ONE last pair of dusty rose
    Crocs with fur liners for.......can you believe it? $4.98 !! In MY size!
    Of course the down side was THEY WERE CROCS! ( in public ) and also I had wasted most of an hour doing JUST that stuff
    so I simply rolled my way over in my oh so stylish Crocs to the Food Court to eat my feelings!
    Mmmm, a single Mr Greek large braised lamb bone and chose veggies from Bourbon Street. A medium Timmies to
    bring comfort as I waited on DS.

His adventure was way better than mine was thank goodness! Did all that he wanted to, going over budget but he is really
    into the fact that we're having 10 at the table here this year for dinner. There will be games!
    I love Crocs Great deal!! ( My friend and I were out for dinner a month or 2 ago and the guy at the table beside us had crocs on. She knew I was thinking he was awesome lol)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Dec 12th, 2022 at 11:28 AM.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Omg! @Frugalbigmama to get validation from a fellow Croc lover? Thank you. You know another funny part of that experience was a shopper overheard me gushing about the fit and the comfort AND that price and asked if there was another pair available, sadly there were not.
    When I was about to leave the store she said something about getting looks from other Mall shoppers and we both laughed because I said they could eat their hearts out as I bought the last pair!
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Omg! @Frugalbigmama to get validation from a fellow Croc lover? Thank you. You know another funny part of that experience was a shopper overheard me gushing about the fit and the comfort AND that price and asked if there was another pair available, sadly there were not.
    When I was about to leave the store she said something about getting looks from other Mall shoppers and we both laughed because I said they could eat their hearts out as I bought the last pair!
    Exactly!
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information