• 2 Post By cath007
  • 3 Post By cath007
  • 3 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 2 Post By SassyAshley

Thread: New December Frugal Chatter 2022

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It looks like something happened to the original December Frugal Chatter Thread.

Starting a new thread as December has just begun. Let's start fresh and hope the same glitch does not happen.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Dec 9th, 2022 at 06:26 AM.
    cath007 likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh so much to share.

I put my new mattress cover on my bed on Wednesday, oh I am in love. The mixture of the new mattress pad and fresh sheets, I did not want to get up on Thursday morning and I did not, I slept in. Oops but the good news is we are winter hours so I was still on time for work.

Today was a bit of the same, I did not want to get up but I did not fall back asleep. Normally on Fridays, I like to get up early so I can tackle all of the things so I can end my work day on time. But, I have a meeting at 3 this afternoon, so more than likely I will have a few things to catch up on so I did not get up until 6.

I am officially in love with the new mattress pad. It is the same brand as the one I had before but it is different in a good way, which is surprising. Not going to lie, new and improved is not always a good thing but in this case, it is a good thing.

Gotta get a few work things done, I want it in people's email when they come in.

Happy Friday.
    harbie and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you,I had the same problem yesterday
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good very earlier morning,
    I cought all night so no real sleep. for now I am using tylenol extra stengh and maybe in alternate with cough sirup not the 2 togheter..and hydrasense for my congestionned poor nose sinus...Yesterday I did 2 loads of laundry.Got my $600 automatic deposit of the inflation money december 7 it will go in Christmas-emergency funds.Looks like my reitmans order will come in various parcels grrr....Now If I can get this medical paper...will go this morning in person. EDIT no chance for an appointement..will retry the portail and phone tomorrow morning..sigh having an appointement is like winning to the lottery...
    EDIT: received the 2 first tshirts of my reitmans order that was fast..3 to go..
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Dec 9th, 2022 at 10:14 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and TGIF! Let's get this work day out of the way. I am ready to power through!

I made plans for tonight that I really want to cancel. But I won't because I know they are looking forward to going out. Ugh it has just been such a long week. Hopefully after a shower and getting dressed after work I get my 2nd wind.

Yesterday I did 2 loads of laundry and hung them to dry in the spare room. Some of it was dry when I checked it before bed.

I sorted and wrapped all the little kids Christmas gifts. Wrapped some of my boys stocking/Christmas bag gifts. My set up is great and neat and tidy!
    Will keep at it at it over the weekend and should have it all done by Monday!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    harbie, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went Costco Shopping yesterday, hoping it will be out last of the year because Costco is insane. Although I did not go right at opening like I normally do because Mom came with me she has not been sleeping well so that was not an option.

Mom had to come with me, even though it was going to be a large shop because we did not get our rebate coupon. Turns out when I went to membership services earlier this year to ask why I never get my executive coupons, they updated our account but mess it up. Our address was there but was not there. Since Mom is the primary member she had to be with me.

I felt bad because we had to go to membership services and then to "the stand" and wait in line which was expected but before we even started shopping she was already in a lot of pain.

I have discovered with my anxiety being in super crowded places, plus knowing Mom was in pain, I was spinning by the time we left. Realized as we were packing the car we forgot Nachos and No Name Cold & Sinus. Hopefully, we have enough to get to January.

Costco did not have Romaine (honestly, wasn't expecting them to but it would have been a nice surprise), Whole Chickens or regular White Sugar. I will watch for Chickens to go on sale and hopefully grab a couple, we have one for Christmas Dinner. Sugar, I think I have enough for all of my baking but wanted 1 extra bag just to be sure.

We got:
    2 x Sock *on sale, we always grab a pack each when they go on sale at Christmas
    1 x Naan
    2 x Chicken Breast
    1 x Chicken Wings
    1 x Brie *for New Year, a Costco one, twice the size is the same price as the ones on sale locally
    2 x Ricotta
    1 x Parmesan Wedge *Nice surprise it was on sale
    2 x Heavy Whipping Cream
    1 x Half & Half
    1 x Milk *Same as Food Basics sale price
    1 x Foil Pans *Finally have these back but double the price, but still cheaper than the dollar store, no one seemed to cart as almost every cart had a pack
    1 x Greek Yogurt 3-pack
    3 x Old Cheddar
    2 x Mozzarella
    1 x Cream Cheese 4-pack *Trying the Kirkland Brand
    1 x Hot Dogs 3-pack *Wow these have gotten expensive, need to view these more as a treat
    1 x Bacon Crumb
    1 x Maple Syrup
    3 x Chips *Various Flavours
    1 x Evaporated Milk 6-pack
    1 x Brownie Mix *On sale
    1 x Collagen *For Mom to try, we need to find something for her pain

Plus, I got my Dutch Ovens. I remember I had a Costco gift card my Dad gave me a couple of years ago and I was saving for something special. I was tempted to hold out and see if they went on sale but as we know at Costco when they are gone they are gone and I was worried the longer I waited the more likely my store would not have them. Plus looking at prices you cannot go wrong with getting 2 Dutch Ovens for $99.99. It has 4 quarts and 7 quarts. Merry Christmas to me since we are not doing gifts this year.
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Thread Information