User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have issues with coupon abuse like this. Hell I get mad when I see people trying to get around customer or per household limits by ringing up individual sales and paying for them seperately. I'm sorry. If I have the proper limit in my cart, so should you.

Because while you're there early getting a deal, there may be a person who is at work who plans on going to the store after they're done their day and they're going to come to an empty shelf or empty freezer bin. I always try to think of other families. Just because I "can" get more, doesn't mean I should.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cheers To You Chantel for your Views! I so agree with you and other responders... what is wrong with people these days... I would love to see (and apologies if I missed) comments from some of the couponers who do clear the shelves, and end up with a bunch of product becoming past due date... and also, what do people do with their stockpile, drag their friends down to their basement to show their stash as I don't think my friends would be very impressed with the numbers I am hearing and think they would wonder what I was hoping to accomplish...I also don't get the charity thing to the extent that I have been reading... as the old saying goes... one bad apple...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    There is nothing wrong with stocking up, to an extent. Like 2 people in my house have butt length hair, my sister and I. We use a lot of shampoo, so it makes sense that we have a lot of them on hand. We have about 30 300ish ml bottles, a bottle lasts about 2-3 weeks in our house, so we're good for a while. We are stocked up, and we got it little by little because we could.

We did not, however, get 200 for the two of us. That is ridiculous, gluttonous, sad behavior that people need therapy for if that's something they need to have for the likes of two or three people. Actually, even for 10 people, that's horribly ridiculous, and I know people that have that much with far fewer people.

Buying 10 shampoos and conditioners at that price is completely valid and totally ok. You used them all up, didn't ya? Of course you did, and you didn't overdo it. You stocked up without becoming a crazy hoarder that hoards for the sake of hoarding.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

shame on them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am absolutely opposed to greed and shelf-clearing. However, I am also sick and tired of the stores that allow this. Shame on them. They have the ability to set reasonable limits and when they allow people to heap their carts to over-flowing with single items, leaving nothing for their other customers it speaks volumes. If we spent as much time voicing our displeasure to the retailers that allow this as we do talking about the bad couponers, may be things would change. Walmart has a responsibility to ALL its customers ....

End of rant

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

This is true! However, I think it's very much a double edged sword. I think WM is trying to be fairly open with their coupon policy and they want to welcome coupons (and couponers for the most part) because they want business. WM overall, is generally the easiest place for us to use coupons with little to no trouble. And even though they were 3rd place for worst customer service, they were also 1st in best customer service. I think WM doesn't want to start placing a bunch of restrictions on coupon use in fear of losing buisness. I think finding a reasonable limit may be up for debate. I think heaping several carts full of the same product is too much! But then you see people who picked up 10 plus hairdye (which is totally fine by me and many others) So what should the limit be at?! That is the tricky question.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

IMO and I know people won't agree. If it's there to buy. It can be bought. That's what the stores want people to buy more stuff. No limits.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One word.......greed...........

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i blame it on the TLC show -extreme couponing,
    FREE FOR ME

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    IMO and I know people won't agree. If it's there to buy. It can be bought. That's what the stores want people to buy more stuff. No limits.
    I doubt it when the customers are getting carts full for free, lol.

Also, WM stocked these shelves well, so that customers would have some there to buy when they come into the store. It's frustrating for customers who walk in 10 mins after opening on the first day of the sale and they can't get one.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I actually had an incident with one of those people lol. There was a limit on a certain brand of toilet paper and this woman was just loading so much in her cart. There was a limit I think of 3 at the time and she had of course more than 3. I went to put the limit in my cart and she says to me "OHHH you know there is a limit right?" and I said "Yes I do, but I think you forgot how to count because your over your limit" LOL. She was trying to take as much as she could and she had other people with her so they could do different transactions. She didn't say anything to me after that lol.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I can't believe she had the nerve to tell you about the "limit"!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead1706 View Post
    I actually had an incident with one of those people lol. There was a limit on a certain brand of toilet paper and this woman was just loading so much in her cart. There was a limit I think of 3 at the time and she had of course more than 3. I went to put the limit in my cart and she says to me "OHHH you know there is a limit right?" and I said "Yes I do, but I think you forgot how to count because your over your limit" LOL. She was trying to take as much as she could and she had other people with her so they could do different transactions. She didn't say anything to me after that lol.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL I KNOW!!!! I was just in shock lol

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

lmao my sister keeps telling me to make up health & beauty baskets & household baskets & sell them & I keep telling her that's stupid & illegal.
    The closest I get is when I do a big household/health & beauty hamper for our church Xmas fundraiser that they sell raffle tickets on. The food hampers I do we just do a free door prize draw on since people need to eat & honestly most of them aren't all that clean so the household/health & beauty one should go to someone that will actually appreciate it
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead1706 View Post
    I can't believe she would say that to you

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    lmao my sister keeps telling me to make up health & beauty baskets & household baskets & sell them & I keep telling her that's stupid & illegal.
    The closest I get is when I do a big household/health & beauty hamper for our church Xmas fundraiser that they sell raffle tickets on. The food hampers I do we just do a free door prize draw on since people need to eat & honestly most of them aren't all that clean so the household/health & beauty one should go to someone that will actually appreciate it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information