User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : here the anwser explanations about none lays at shopper and other loblaws banner: it was posted by anne in the blog a couple of days ago also check the blog for great infos and printables coupons

Frito-Lay stops shipping chips to Loblaws stores in pricing dispute. At issue is a dispute over pricing between Frito-Lay Canada and Loblaw Companies Ltd. Frito-Lay, the maker of brands like Cheetos, Doritos, Lays, Ruffles and Sunchips, says it’s trying to recoup higher costs. The situation has left the chip and snack food aisle of many Loblaw stores less full than usual, or stocked with house brands, such as President’s Choice or No Name.

Frito-Lay spokesperson Sheri Morgan confirmed there is a “temporary disruption” with one customer. “Our business has faced unprecedented pressures from rising costs of items including ingredients, packaging and transportation,” she said in an email. “To help offset these pressures on our Canadian operations … we have made adjustments to our prices that are consistent across the marketplace.”
    Loblaw spokesperson Catherine Thomas said the grocer is “laser focused” on minimizing retail price increases. “When suppliers request higher costs, we do a detailed review to ensure they are appropriate,” she said in an email. “This can lead to difficult conversations and, in extreme cases, suppliers don’t ship us products.”
    The rift between Frito-Lay and Loblaw exposes deepening tensions in Canada’s food industry that many experts say could worsen as supply chain challenges and inflation continue. Some argue that grocery retailers are simply trying to keep sticker prices low for consumers and stop suppliers from using inflation to justify unreasonable price hikes.
    Source: CBC

The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks cath -yes i knew the answer about the fito lays .I just was commenting that it looked really strange not seeing them ,but alas some were in dollarama and sobeys today other stores not in the loblaws banner if people still wish to get their chip fix .lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Speaking of Dollarama, has anyone noticed the proliferation of Dollar Tree/Dollarama/Dollar Stores?
    I've seen 3 pop-up on my common routes this last year. I did read an article about their expansion in preparation for hard economic times.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am trying my best and I think that is how this week is going to go for me.

I tried writing my to-do-list to focus myself and that just lead to me realizing I have over committed myself for this week. There is a lot on this week's to-do-list that is time consuming and needs focus and all my attention so that is going to tricky.

I needed a break this morning so I did up some hand dishes. I am trying my best to stick to my routines and just try to find that feeling of being in control because I know I am spinning.

I am really struggling to be happy with what I am getting done, I am stuck in that trap of what I need to do next and that being my focus. But I am going to consider this a win because I see what is happening. But I also realize this is slightly out of my control as the anxiety has taken over.

I am doing my best to stay positive and take it one step at a time but it is a struggle.

I still need to figure out dinner for tonight, part of me is hoping Mom will make dinner but the other part of me knows that cooking would be a good distraction.

Happy Monday Everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley (((HUG))) hope you feel better as the day goes by.
    @coupongirl so sorry to hear about your DD hope she can get answers as to what’s going on with her medically. Hope you get over your cold soon.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!! The sun is shining here today which is nice.

Kitchen is spotless! I even scrubbed the sink. Leftovers for dinner with salad but will put dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

Will get out for a walk today!
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

February savings total $272.09
    Coupons - $65.16
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $12.23
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $120
    Air Miles - $10
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    SARCAN - $36.70
    Circle K wins - $8
    Humpty’s points - $10

It’s almost the exact same savings total as January.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 1st, 2022 at 12:42 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Would love to see 10% off Tuesday at my maxi and cie,metro iga or wathever...hope this will happen someday
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    Good news I will have my protesis march 7(same date as my father birthday) and after this upcoming month and the other one 2 remaining appoitment at the dentist and my mouth will be DONE!!! I am so waiting this to happen!!! And I was supposed to receive a call last week with life project for seeing if I could get financed a little bit with life project...like 50$ per week..and that did not happen..will have to call them after spring break..

Great day,took a nap this afternoon altrought I wake up at 9:00 am ..I hope to not screw it up my life project routine and I am working on my planning of time during this week hollidays.I feel i am late on my schedule grrr..but need it to relax this week end so it is what it is
    Might go to value village with my father tomorrow for news sweathers with his 30% rebate for old age

Dinner will be a turkey sandwich from subway with loaded veggies(I spoiled myself cuz I am on holliday aha)
    Have a good rest of afternoon!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Feb 28th, 2022 at 03:52 PM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : hope you get over your cold soon and that your DD get some anwsers about her health very soon...it must be so stressing for her and for you as a mother @SassyAshley : hope your day did get better!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes thank you everyone my daughter did get a few answers with her family doctor today ,she is on meds for an infection starting today.The walk in clinic doctor told her to get to the hospital on sat as he thought it may be kidney stones.So i hope the antibiotics help her and she starts to feel better .

I think she may have had a panic attack over all her symptoms ,i wish she was in the same city as i would have taken sebastian as she only had an hour sleep last night ,but she is always calling me .

I feel her job can be overwelming for her at times as it is hard being a single parent and trying to do your job 100% with deadlines .Sassy i feel sometimes for you and her with your demanding jobs,plus hers runs in to evening sometimes due to the time difference.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupongirl what brand/model of dishwasher are you getting?
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread Information