User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taco meat in fridge that needs to be used up. Went to RCSS and got a 3pk of romaine hearts for $2.47 (PM GT)
    Will make sure to go again on Tuesday and PM 2 packages for the following week.

Cut up the lettuce and shredded cheese. DS can make quick tacos when he is hungry.

RCSS also has Silk Almond milk on for $2.77 (Limit 4 $3.99 after limit)
    PC brand cheese bars $3.99 Also includes Lactose free (Limit 4 $4.99 after Limit)
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dishes are done, yippee. I do not know, I see memes all the time about laundry never being done, for me it is dishes LOL.

I went and did some of the shoveling, our stairs are cleared and my car is defrosted. Mom's would not start, plus I was frozen so I did not get her car dug out.

Still trying to figure out dinner. Thinking maybe BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps now that I have Romaine again. We will see.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Dishes are done, yippee. I do not know, I see memes all the time about laundry never being done, for me it is dishes LOL.

I went and did some of the shoveling, our stairs are cleared and my car is defrosted. Mom's would not start, plus I was frozen so I did not get her car dug out.

Still trying to figure out dinner. Thinking maybe BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps now that I have Romaine again. We will see.
    Dishes- Never ending. Kitchen was spotless. DS just made tacos. Then I decided to make a smoothie. Now the blender needs washing lol. Never ending!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Lots done this morning. I seem to be super motivated today (I’ve been riding the struggle bus ). Did some of the laundry (for us it’s the never ending laundry , made the bed and tidied the kitchen , then did my 2 rides (10.5km total) and 2 stretching classes.

Now that I’ve had a nice hot shower I’m making out my grocery list. I’ve fun down almost all veg (except for 1 onion and some sweet baby carrots that I snack on and 1 bunch green onion) so don’t have much of a choice.

Also a small shop at Costco might be needed since Dh wants their spinach and I get the mushrooms and tofu.

Hope everyone has a great day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Was hoping to find the new tear pad coupons but unfortunately all the good ones are gone. Wanted the Dove, cheese, Vaseline , popcorn and a few others hoping to trade for some or find some before the cycle is finish

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yesterday hubby went to the dump to get rid of old paint and i came with him to dispose of my cardboard(free).Then talked him into letting me run into lococo's for a bit of fruit and veggies (pears were 2.39 a pound ,large brocolli 1.89,nice carrots and celery 2.99 tired of making homemade soup and no celery so chopped some up and froze it ).

Today hubby just went for my meds and cooking a nice ham ,roasted potatoes and broccoli.Shovelled twice and hubby snow blowed once ,so sick of snow !
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I never find the produce prices at Costco very good-except for bananas.
    @lizzie bargain I find the raspberries at a good price and very fresh.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    it is in Quebec the week of prevention of suicide so it its a very toff emotionnal rollercoaster week considering my brother commited suicide in may 2014...
    So sorry to hear, hugs.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! I woke up earlier today which was great. I'm hoping to continue gradual cleaning in prep for my sis in law's visit next week.
    We invited my parents over for Sunday lunch which will be nice. I promised a big pot of chicken soup and homemade buns. I was surprised to only find one "garlic" chicken broth in the cupboard. I just stocked up on broth but seemed focus on beef again.

We have a pork loin roast to cook for dinner tonight. I'm going to do some research to see how we can make it nice and moist. We made ham earlier in the week and a simple addition of foil, made the ham much moister and tastier.

Have a great day everyone!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!

Sun is shining! It's cold out but there is sunshine.

Cleaned the kitchen. Finishing up the laundry today. Tidy my room. That is my plan today.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Giseledta, harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last night DS went to the freezer and presented me with a sirloin roast and asked me how to cook it. He wanted to make fahitas lol. Told him to put the roast back and grab a bag of sirloin strips to cook up instead. I am going to do this more often when I buy roasts. The strips have come in so handy and are easy to defrost quick in the freezer bag in the sink with water.
    Giseledta, harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We always do this when Roasts go on sale. We usually buy 1 to cook as a Roast and 1 that we cut up into Strips and Chunks. It is so much cheaper than buying Strips or Stewing Beef from the store.

Plus I admit it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE having pre prepped/pre cut meats in the freezer I can just defrost and cook. When I was working in the office many nights this was the difference between picking up take-out and cooking. If I knew I had meat pre prepped I could just dump and cook it motivated me to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Last night DS went to the freezer and presented me with a sirloin roast and asked me how to cook it. He wanted to make fahitas lol. Told him to put the roast back and grab a bag of sirloin strips to cook up instead. I am going to do this more often when I buy roasts. The strips have come in so handy and are easy to defrost quick in the freezer bag in the sink with water.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Did not get anything else done around the house yesterday. My boss sent me a spreadsheet he needed back by the end of the day. I just snuck in getting it back and by the time I was done with the spreadsheet I was done. It was a ton of data and consumed all of my brain power.

Since I had Romaine again I had BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for dinner and Mom had wings since she was breaking down the package I picked up at Costco.

A little annoyed, Mom needs a new battery for her car and after getting a few quotes the best option was CAA and the bonus they come to your home and install it. I went through CAA's website entered my postal code got the quote and it told us to call a number to book, Mom called they do not offer that service in my area, grrrr why let me get the quote after I entered my postal code.

We found somewhere local that can install the battery today, I am a little burned that it is more than CAA but what can you do. It is like dangling a carrot in front of you. Oh well, Mom will get her car boosted soon and we will take it to the local garage to have the battery replaced. Will be nice to be back at two cars, since Mom does not drive my car right now if we need something or need to do something I have to drive.

Yesterday well I was working and maxing out my brain, Mom packaged the whole chickens I bought, they were so large they barely fit in our large Food Saver bags. She broke down the wings into Food Saver bags, removed the tenders from the Chicken Breasts, cut 5 Chicken Breast into chunks, package 4 whole and got them all in the freezer. As well as some buns and bread I grabbed, they have been packaged and put in the freezer.

Now we just need to package the bacon, it has come down in a price but not enough that we will go back to buying as we need, this was a treat. Since the Costco bacon is a 500g package we are going to cut them in half and only make half a package at a time. There are only 2 of us we do not need to cook a whole package at a time. I still need to break down the romaine, I cut what I needed for dinner but need to process the rest including some cut up in the fridge. If it isn't cut up we do not eat it.

Need to make my plan for the weekend, finish my meal plan and plan for next week.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ran to Metro today to take advantage of the air miles offer of 2 Johnsonville sausage for 6.00, its too good of an offer to pass up. I also have a PCO offer of 30% off PC bacon so I will be sure to take advantage of that. It means groceries at No Frills this week.
    Happy Friday All.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Mom's car is at the mechanics, we had to have our cars moved for snow removal at noon but she could not get an appointment for her car until 2 pm so we had her car boosted dropped it off and I picked her up.

The mechanic is close to Freshco so I ran in to grab a few sales items:
    4 x Oranges $0.67/lb
    1 x Lemon 2lb bag $2.99
    1 x Grape Tomatoes 680g $4.99
    2 x Mangos $0.99
    1 x Eggs 30-pack $5.99
    2 x Gnocchi double packs $2.99

Still want to make it to No Frills as they have a few specials I want to take advantage of.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information