User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Finally tackled the Upstairs Hallway Tidy, it was long overdue, let's be honest I have been putting it off. It isn't perfect but it is done, there is still a bunch of the stuff in the hallway I need Mom to vote on. Hopefully we will get through it this week.

I finally tried out my new vacuum, I must say, I am in love. The crevice tool is amazing, it got into all of the tight spots and picked up everything. I did the whole upstairs and am waiting for Mom's course to finish so I can do the main floor.

I made the Beef Stew for dinner with Homemade Dinner Rolls. Works out well as there is a second meal this week I want to serve with Homemade Buns and now they are ready to go.

Normally after dinner I just load the dishwasher and any dishes are done the next day because after dinner, I am done. But I do not want to wake up dishes tomorrow, plus for some reason the kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it so I decided tonight I would do the dishes and leave the kitchen sparkling. Now it is ready to go in the morning for whatever I get into.

Thinking tomorrow morning I will start in the kitchen and work from there. I have some light ingredient prep to get done and maybe a little meal prep, thinking I might make a soup to put in the fridge. Make some baked good for the week.

Think I will look up some recipes as I spent some time relaxing.
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Took 3hrs, but I fuelled up van, got oil change (had to wait in line), took kids to library for a while so ds could get a blackout bingo. Handed in our bingo cards. They’ll draw for prizes next week.

Used a $10 coupon on the oil change, plus $70 in gift cards that I bought during the Black Friday promotion.

Ds and I made protein balls yesterday and confetti squares today. Some of the schools that I sub at aren’t but free, so it’ll be good to grab some of these to add to my lunches. My kids’ school is but free, so they can take some cream cheese sugar cookies with them.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Slow start to the morning, I slept in because I woke up at 3 am again and could not get back to sleep. Ugg I thought I was overcoming these sleep issues but nope. I think right now it might be anxiety and stress.

We are officially short staffed again and I am the back-up. Everyone has agreed I can only do what I can and they do not expect my help full-time but there are things no one in the location can do, so I need to do these tasks mainly remotely but if I can spend 1 or 2 days a week in the location. It is amazing to have the support and have people backing me up but it is still a lot for me. I am struggling to keep up without taking on someone else's work load as well.

Last night I took some time and went over my to-do lists to see if I can get focused for the week to come. Laying things out on paper so I can see them, always helps me. But, there is no doubt it is going to be a super busy week, a lot to get done.

Time to get focused and get some stuff done.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning got home at 10.30 a.m from toronto this morning .My dear daughter spent 6 hours at a hospital having tests done yesterday,and the outcome was they dont know .She is seeing her family doctor on monday to ask for a few tests cloresteral etc.She thinks it may be covid related as she had covid in dec,we will see in time .

I am coming down with a cold doing so much around the grandkids and cara and ashlyn just got over colds .Yesterday we took sebastian tobagganing in toronto (lovely park),but i didnt sleep well in a hard bed last night .

Just a little tired today.Yes my dishwasher comes on monday after a month wait -i cant wait sick of doing dishes.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl hope you daughter feels better and they can get some answers for her

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys checks the best by dates on their meat every morning. I checked this morning and found an excellent small deal.

$5.52 regular ground beef - $4 coup + 7AM personal offer. Total $0.79 for 456g of regular ground beef. Also picked up milk with my expiring $0.75 coupons.
    I just checked my receipt and our milk went back down a bit, after that huge jump.Lucerne 4L 2% is now $5.01 before enviro and deposit.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 27th, 2022 at 11:48 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley I’m sorry you’re not sleeping well. Unfortunately I 100%feel your pain. I’ve never had anxiety until the pandemic and my sleep has been dramatically affected by it. Some nights are better than others but it’s still rough at times. Working out has helped but I think for me what helped more was talking about my stress levels and anxiety. Not that I needed the “answer to fix it” I just needed to get it off my chest. I still do. I’ve also cried and broken down which has helped to release some of the pressure. Just know you’re not alone and I’m thinking of you
    @coupon girl that’s awful about your DD. I hope she gets some answers. It’s so frustrating when you know something is wrong but no one can figure it out . Hope you get over your cold fast. It sucks not feeling 100% especially when you have a million things that need your attention. Yay on your dishwasher!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!! I admit it too I slept in this morning waking up late,but I think I need it and I am on spring break so I can just go to bed more late haha.
    But still a productive rest of the morning ,3 loads of laundry are done and putting on rack to dry,dishes are done and will dry on the counter and tomorrow or this week will be the turn of all of the bedings to be washed!!!

No grocery shopping today as we still have things to use!!!

Lovely small snow and -3 degres ,so it is a perfect temperature day

Just finish watching a movie ''Captain Coreilli Mandolin '' on evasion and I will keep going,want to knock up some things today!!!

Have an lovely Sunday !!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG- I think anyone with cold symptoms these days should do a Covid home test if they have it-just in case. I thought I had a cold last weekend and instead it was Covid.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went for a long walk with a bunch of lovely ladies this morning and then a few of us sat at Starbucks for an hour and chatted, I have not done that in ages.
    Younger son had a blast skiing. He came home late last night & tonight is his turn to cook dinner so we are having chicken parm. I do help as he is so grossed out by raw chicken. Other than that I think my day is staying in the basement doing laundry and sorting and packing backpacks for the north.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m making wiener and bean soup that ds requested for his school lunch tomorrow.
    We’re having roast chicken tonight.
    Monday’s supper is nacho meat sauce with corn chips and marble cheese.
    Tuesday we’ll use the leftover roast chicken. I’m thinking chicken salad with tossed salad.

Tuesday is 10% off at Sobeys, so I’ll go shopping. If I don’t teach that day I’ll go shopping in the morning in hopes of finding more deals. This may influence my meal plans for the rest of the week.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie Thank you, Anxiety is one of those things. You never know when it will creep in and everyone handles it differently.

For me cleaning, cooking, baking, something to shift my focus helps but I also want to be alone. I find for me staying in routines really helps too.

My family does not get it because my sister is the opposite, she wants to get out to do. Forcing my sister to get our do things, be with people helps her, for me it the complete opposite, it make me want to shut down even more. I just need to work through it on my own, deal with it in my own way and no have people watching or judging me.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Feb 27th, 2022 at 03:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sadly... i think people are just avoiding doing the test... that way its a dont know.. cant be covid...
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    CG- I think anyone with cold symptoms these days should do a Covid home test if they have it-just in case. I thought I had a cold last weekend and instead it was Covid.

ok addme to the sleep was ick last night. sigh.. woke up .. then had a nap...lol. 2 very large puppies snuggling encouraged the nap... they are of course right.. it helped alot.

hubby finally got his computer stuff better... he is happy.
    i made 12 mini blueberry muffins and 12 reg size ones. as well as 2 loafs of banana bread .
    vacumed the house. cleaned the bathroom upstairs and the kitchen.
    and chatted with youngest.

not 100% about supper. plan was meatloaf.. might still be... not sure....
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    sadly... i think people are just avoiding doing the test... that way its a dont know.. cant be covid...
    What would be the upside of not knowing to a certainty?

If you have it, you would get some benefit from lingering immunity. Therefore, it should be advantageous to know.
    Also, knowing for certain would prepare you in the event of serious symptoms appearing.

It seems to me that the benefits of knowing outweigh denial of actual CoVid. Am I missing something?
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Productive Day.

I made a batch of Roasted Cauliflower Soup for the fridge, we can either have this as a quick dinner or for lunches. We had some great meals last week but there were no leftovers which made lunches a little tricky since I did not prep ahead.

I cut up Romaine for the week, if it is not cut up, I will not have salads.

I vacuumed the kitchen, OH MY, why did I not buy a good vacuum earlier. Having no carpet I never thought it was necessary but this has totally upped my cleaning game. Then I mopped the Kitchen.

I also vacuumed were I could on the rest of the main floor, since we are mid organize/reno there is a lot of bins and piles, I did not move everything, nor did I move the furniture. As we get further into things we will move everything and give the whole house a deep clean.

We tidied up the Front Closet to store the shelves until we can get them built. After the shelves are built we will use the space in the Front Closet to create a cleaning supply closet. We still need to sort the jackets, we have A LOT of jackets, it is kind of insane.

Dinner tonight will be French Onion Pasta Bake with Caesar Salad. It is in the Oven now.
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information