User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear older brother had a stroke on friday the last few days have been hard for me.My sister-in-law just called me and told me she saw him today ,he isnt talking but he was able to move his right leg and arm a great sign .I know as my dear dad had a stroke yrs ago before he passed at 49 .

I saw him last in dec because of covid i never went to visit ,(due to me having a cold for a week or that people never complied in their apt with masks in the elevator ) so i have a bit of guilt there.I will go see him soon in the hospital ,maybe next week as he is having a lot of tests.

So that made my day hearing he could move his arm and legs ,but i am sooo exhaused ,my daughter and sebastian just went home at 3.00 p.m.I had watched the girls 4 evenings last week ,little ones tire me out some days ,other days i am full of energy .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** @coupon girl , prayers for your brother and your family
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks sassy .
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

(((HUGS))) @coupongirl praying for the family and your brother
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you flemeth
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@coupon girl Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The crazy weather was racing last week. Highways were travel not recommended or closed on Tuesday and Thursday. Friday it was so cold that Dh wasn’t able to start his diesel truck and he eventually had to call a cab in order to get to work. Thankfully the vehicle started fine on Saturday wgen it was +2.

We had a good weekend. Yesterday we did laundry, grocery shopping, kids played outside because it was finally nice outside. I picked up supper and headed over to a girlfriends condo. We hadn’t had supper together since summer 2020.

Dh, twin boy, and myself all had a nap this afternoon. After we got the ribs cooking in the oven for supper, we took the kids sledding before supper. Ds and I put a small batch of banana chocolate chip muffins in the oven when the ribs were done. Supper was lemon/honey pork ribs, noodles, and California steamed veggies.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    My dear older brother had a stroke on friday the last few days have been hard for me.My sister-in-law just called me and told me she saw him today ,he isnt talking but he was able to move his right leg and arm a great sign .I know as my dear dad had a stroke yrs ago before he passed at 49 .

I saw him last in dec because of covid i never went to visit ,(due to me having a cold for a week or that people never complied in their apt with masks in the elevator ) so i have a bit of guilt there.I will go see him soon in the hospital ,maybe next week as he is having a lot of tests.

So that made my day hearing he could move his arm and legs ,but i am sooo exhaused ,my daughter and sebastian just went home at 3.00 p.m.I had watched the girls 4 evenings last week ,little ones tire me out some days ,other days i am full of energy .
    So sorry to hear. Hope your brother fully recovers. Hugs

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

THank you angela and crafter for all the well wishes .Thank you everyone

Off to bed as my son needs me in the motning ,he is coming off nights ,so he needs to sleep a little bit til 12.30 or 1.00 p.m.Will have the girls .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

i did a covid test because i have sore throat but thanks god i have not covid
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

praying for you and your brother and familly coupon girl
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Biggest hugs @coupon girl .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday, up early and getting at things.

I have a lot going on right now with work and I am struggling a little bit with just feeling overwhelmed. This time change does not help, getting up at 5 am this morning was a struggle and I was enjoying the sun coming up earlier. It was nice to see it coming up around 6:30 when I was heading out to work, I know some prefer the sun in evening but as a morning person I like the sun in the morning, helps me get out of bed.

I did laundry on Saturday and the plan was to do bedding yesterday but it did not happen. This morning I put some spare pillows in the wash, they are ones I mashed and mangled in my sleep and can no longer use. We will probably put them on the couch as our couch cushions have started to sag a bit but getting a new couch right now, not in the budget.

Last night we ended up having Waffles for dinner instead of the Pork Chops so thinking tonight will be the smothered pork chops with mashed potatoes and veggies. Thinking I will cook off both the Asparagus & Broccoli and whatever we do not eat can go in the fridge. I bought Pie crusts so Mom can make herself a Quiche so any leftover Asparagus can go into her Quiche. Plus we have some Roasted Tomatoes she can put in as well.

We had someone come and look at our stove as the door is not closing properly, it is making a horrible clunking noise and it feels like the hinge slips. We called the repair guys and he came Friday, only option is to buy a new hinge and turns out our stove has an expensive hinge. Not happy with the price but also not buying a new stove. Hoping the part comes in this week.

Happy Monday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Monday! The sun is shining!

Last night I asked DS what time he had to be at school today (it switches weekly) but he reminded me he is on March break! (I knew this just forgot)
    My sister wanted us to join them for a night in Toronto and go to the CN Tower etc but DS was not interested. (we were just in Toronto 2 weeks ago so he didn't want to go again so soon) Oh well. I think his big plans this week is to hang out with his friends and go to Subway (he has a $50 GC his Aunt gave him that he is itching to use lol)

Last night I made Chicken Tetrizini for dinner (plus Shrimp because we like it ) Just some pasta leftover so I will whip up a pasta salad tomorrow morning to go with dinner of homemade burgers I plan to make in the morning. (I will take out pork and beef tonight to make the burger patties and cook up taco meat for Wednesday night for DS.

So my meal plan so far:

Tonight- nobody home so fend for yourself
    Tuesday- Homemade burgers with pasta and Greek salad.
    Wednesday- Tacos/taco salad

I ran the dishwasher last night before bed so the kitchen is nice and clean. I think today I will give the fridge a quick clean (it is pretty clean and I have been good for using up stuff) just to keep up on it. Bathrooms were cleaned yesterday.
    Laundry is caught up. Stuff is folded/hung up just needs to be put away today.

Will make breakfast now and then tidy up. Think a walk is in order this morning to enjoy this sunshine! ( I remember years ago when the kids were young during March break out playing on the driveway and riding bikes!) Today snow covered roads!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So many socks have found their match! Finally!!! Still have another basket full to see what I can pair up. Shouldn't have to wash socks for a long while

Had leftover rice in the fridge so I made DS chicken fried rice! (cooked chicken pulled from the freezer and frozen veggies) He will be happy to have that as I haven't make it in a long while.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 14th, 2022 at 11:41 AM.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information