User Tag List

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    So many socks have found their match! Finally!!! Still have another basket full to see what I can pair up.
    The ultimate test of frugality is whether or not you are willing to wear mis-matched socks, instead of throwing them out.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    The ultimate test of frugality is whether or not you are willing to wear mis-matched socks, instead of throwing them out.
    That is what the kids are doing these days so all good!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks cath007 and harbie for the well wishes for my brother and his family.

Herman -my granddaughter age 8 wears mismatched stripe socks -i asked her and she said okay nana.

I slept 10 hours last night wowser i must have needed it .

My bay order came in they had 25% off this weekend free shipping spend $35.00-i am keeping a carol scott nice 3/4 length blue t-shirt 8.99 and a flowy cross back summer dress karen scott $17.99 the other 2 items are going back one dress looked loike a sack on me and i ordered a thirt in large and xl ,so the large will go back .

So happy with my 2 new items ,getting a jump on summer as i like dresses on hot days with sandals.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your brother @coupon girl
    Prayer offered and will continue to be offered for all concerned.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Not sure how much I’m aging myself but I remember we used to wear mismatched socks. We were the OG of high fashion .

Just got back from lunch with my parents. We haven’t eaten out during the pandemic and neither have they so today we celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary and took them to Cactus. My mom has been going on and on about their salmon for the last 2 years and finally she got it! We were there right at 11 when they opened so only a couple of people there plus we sat outdoors in the covered heated patio. It was perfect since we were the only ones there and when a family of 4 showed up we were leaving.

Plant based Zen roll
    Name:  E3793C17-9DDB-4F30-A09B-491749AFF9E2.jpeg
Views: 107
Size:  138.2 KB

Truffle fries sans parm and added vegan mayo
    Name:  02F04158-66E5-4C4F-993B-F78C23BD9A5E.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  150.1 KB

Crispy tofu bowl
    Name:  7EDB9249-381B-4CE4-BD6B-D02B537DDF73.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  155.4 KB

and a Bellini
    Name:  F4476228-F173-469E-96B7-5B82CC349466.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  99.3 KB

Then off to pay for the car insurance . My parents got a cute anniversary dessert courtesy of the restaurant but since there we no vegan options we got a Starbucks on the way home. Used a freebie so I saved $7.19! Good but definitely not worth that price.

Got my dental approval for the final work and now just need to find the $$$$$ .

Now to finish any laundry up and go for a workout. No dinner tonight since we are stuffed!
    Last edited by harbie; Mon, Mar 14th, 2022 at 05:31 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you skippy for your kind thoughts and prayers for my dear brother and his family.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Busy day at work yesterday so ordered pizza. We have more than enough for dinner tonight and probably a light lunch too if we wanted.

I’m taking today as a mental health day. I’ve been feeling very overwhelmed lately and it’s either that or I break. Dh is home today so we will just hang out and maybe go for a walk if it stops snraining (snow/rain)
    We’re going to go over our bills and plan for the upcoming bills like the tires, insurance,etc….

Hope everyone has a good day
    @harbie I got tires from Canadian Tire and paid with my Canadian Tire mastercard, I am paying for them interest free over 24 months. Not sure if this helps. The tires I bought were rated 98.1 and are excellent on the road. Very happy to be able to spread over 2 years as tires are expensive.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Mar 14th, 2022 at 06:50 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @barbis9 about the tires. Dh needs specific tires so even though we are getting a good deal it’s still a gut punch to the wallet! Kinda sucks but we have been planning for this so we’ve saved it’s just that there has been a few things that happened within this month. I’m glad we live simple and debt free at times like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Busy day here but productive, got both work and home stuff done which is the goal.

Spare Pillows have been washed
    Pantry Tidy has been done
    Potatoes sorted and put into storage
    Kitchen & Main Hallway Floors have been done

I still have a few things on my to-do-list for the week but feeling like I am on top of the daily and weekly cleaning. Although there are some dishes from dinner that need to be hand washed but I want some time to relax before bed. They will still be there tomorrow.

Dinner was the Smothered Pork Chops, so good, we tried this a few weeks ago and you know it is a winner when you crave it a few weeks later. We had it with Mashed Potatoes and I forgot to make a veggie so I tossed the broccoli in the Air Fryer. I am going to have to work on Fresh Broccoli in the Air Fryer, I think I need to lower the temp and maybe add a bit more oil, it came out almost dry.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @barbis9 I wonder if the live clean item will work for Checkout 51, if you use it of course.
    Its snowing again today, enough already. We ordered pizza for dinner as Dominos has half prize pizza today and we used a free pizza credit as they really just deduct $10.00 regardless of the pizza price.
    @lilo0003 I did submit the receipt and it got accepted

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all.

I cashed out from ecipsa yesterday.. etranfer is a option.. how cool. so i did that and voila $

my day is pretty basic

clean the family room... laundry done.. prob bake something.... vacume the playroom. and prep for the week

Hubby and i watch a movie lastnight on Netflix... so good. .. The adam project. so good.
    @Giseledta loved The Adam Project.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! No sunshine yet today. Kind of a glum day weather wise so far.

Made coffee and tidied the kitchen. I think my dresser is on the list to clean up today.

Have a great day!
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught out of town yesterday and again today, both of them were last minute phone calls so I had to hurry to get out the door. No teaching days booked in advance.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

still have sore throat and close to no voice...
    it is going to be a long life project week,,,
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

On Sunday’s grocery shop I picked up a Starbucks cold brew on sale for $5.88 and my oat based caramel macchiato non dairy creamer also on sale for $4.94 so this morning I made my first at home cream cold brew coffee and it was OH SO GOOD! Even if I was to only drink1 1/2 drinks I’ve saved more $$$ than purchasing 2 drinks. They cost $6.50 each (not that I order them often). Cheaper, tastes delish and I don’t have to leave my house which is even better.

Anyone else feel like they can never catch up with the laundry??? Lately it just seems like an unending battle. Hopefully I’ll finish the last of it today until Dh comes home and adds to it

Went for a walk today but it was slow since it was with the rents so need to hope on the bike. Maybe I’ll go somewhere warm like a ride in Hawaii

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information