User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW, a few busy days so I will break this down into 2 posts.

Yesterday I was in a branch supposed to work with multiple staff members but we lost power. Funny thing was there was an electrician on site doing some work so we thought they did something, nope it was the whole town. Text Mom to find out we had no power at home either, grrr. So I spent some time talking with people at work, talked to my Dad and then headed home for the power to come back on.

Well the power was out I was going to go do my grocery shopping in the next town over (they had power) but we were having system issues so even though I could not log on, my boss had me on the phone trying to help. It is really hard to help when you cannot see the problem and are trying to remember off the top of your head where things are on a screen you cannot look at.

Once everything was back up and running, we went to do out shopping, Mom wanted to go with me as her car needed a drive. Well I went to Wal-Mart, she went to the dollar store, she shopped Freshco with me and I went into Food Basics alone well she sat in the car. She was done and did not want to do the final store, No Frills so I did that this morning.

I got up early this morning, was up and at it at 5 am.
    Took the Sheets off my bed and got them into the wash
    Put my new mattress pad on my bed to fluff, you are supposed to let it sit for 24 hours but I have no where big enough to lay this out except on my on bed so it will only get to fluff about 16 hours before I go to bed tonight
    Got a bunch of work stuff done so I could run out at 8 am and be at No Frills when they opened. I like going at this time as I find I can get in and out quickly. I was in, got our groceries, checked out and was back home by 8:30.
    My sheets are almost done but won't make my bed until I go to bed so my mattress pad can fluff.

I got almost my whole to-do-list for this week done, so far I did not get:
    Recycling taken out - it is raining here, it can wait until tomorrow
    Bathroom has not been cleaned - Might do this after work, we will see
    Did not make Snack Mix - I will make on the week

Happy Friday Everyone
    JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This week, I went to 4 different stores because for our household the sales were amazing and I wanted to stock up, here is what I got:

Wal-Mart
    2 x Prairie All Purpose Flour 10 kgs $6.97
    *We have never used this brand before but going to give it a try
    3 x Triscuits $2 WUB 4
    1 x Cheese Nibs $2 WUB 4
    *We use the Cheese Nibs in our homemade Snack Mix and Triscuits I like to take to work for snacks
    2 x Mini Pretzels $1.97
    *Also for Homemade Snack Mix
    1 x Party Mix $2.27
    *Treat until I make snack mix
    1 x Tums $3.77
    2 x Halls
    *Tums and Halls were for Mom
    2 x Instant Yeast 450g packages on Clearance for $1 each

Freshco:
    2 x Robin Hood Flour $9.99
    *This is our preferred brand
    3 x Cucumbers $0.69
    4 x Unsalted Butter $4.44
    2 x Salted Butter $4.44
    *I know it is on sale at RCSS for $3.99 but that is a 35 to 40 minute drive for me and by the time I will be in the area again they will probably be sold out
    1 x Cherry Tomatoes Clearance $1.00
    1 x Coffee Cream

Food Basics:
    2 x Blackberries $1.65
    4 x Beef Broth $1.67
    2 x Asparagus $1.81/lb
    2 x Eggs 18-pack $3.88

No Frills
    1 x Pineapple $1.88
    1 x Cantaloupe $1.88
    2 x Pork Roasts $1.88/lb
    *These will give us about 5 meals
    2 x Naturally Imperfect Apples 6lb $4.99 + 100 pts/$
    2 x Mangos $0.94 WUB 2
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4.49
    *Grr, I would really like these to go back to $3.99, we use about a pack a week
    10 x Chai Tea $1.94 WUB 2
    1 x Silk Almond Milk $2.99 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Unsalted Butter $4.44 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Salted Butter $4.44 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Whole Wheat Flour 2.5 kgs $3.00 WUB 2
    *This is the one thing we did not replace after the flood, only wanted 1 but it $4.99 for one or $3/each WUB 2 or more
    2 x Trutaste Milk $4.29
    *Did not need but $1 cheaper than regular milk so it can go in the freezer

I had not been planning to do a lot of local shopping this week as I was going to go to Costco but when I saw the sales my plan changed. I spent more than I wanted to this week but things like Flour, Yeast, Butter we are stocked up on for months. I am really struggling with groceries, I feel I am still finding good deals but then I have a week like this were I spend more than I had wanted but I also know it will come out in the wash as we will have low spend weeks to come.

I was not able to get Strawberries, all 3 stores I checked had them but they were not good, they were moldy and full of liquid so I passed. No Frills was out of Blueberries. Wal-Mart had no Crisco but it is on Rollback and not in the flyer so I cannot Price Match.

Now I need to do a Pantry and Freezer Tidy this weekend.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bedroom is 90% clean! Mattress protector was washed/dried and put back on. Next the bedding to be put back on.

Tidied DS's room since he isn't back home yet. It wasn't bad at all because I made him clean it the other day. Just made his bed and tossed the few random pieces of clothing in the hamper. It's mom clean now

Took the blanket off the futon in the spare room and tossed it in the washer. Will hang it to dry overnight and put it back on the futon tomorrow.

Feels good to get some extra things done today other then the usual cooking/kitchen/regular laundry.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Mar 18th, 2022 at 01:23 PM.
    JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned out the spare bedroom closet. DS moved his clothes out of it but the bottom was full of clothing So I pulled everything out (found his duffle bag he was looking for and a new travel carry on bag to sell) Put all the clothing on hangers and hung on portable rack so he can take what he wants. Then the leftovers are available for his brother. What is left will be donated this weekend to the donation box available 24/7 at Superstore (love it because I can just put everything in my vehicle without a bag/box and then put in the bin)

Feels so good to have that done! Now I have a nice empty closet

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Second load of laundry is done and put away. Washed the breakfast dishes, still need to wash the lunch dishes.

Went for a 2km walk with the kids this morning. We went to Dollarama for parchment paper and stickers for my students. We took a quick look for clearance items at Sobeys, but only bought fresh French bread. I submitted the receipts to multiple rebate apps (Caddle, receipthog, Sb).Twin girl wanted to collect garbage on the way home. I also collected SARCAN on the walk home and ended up with 1/2 a grocery bag full.

Another season on DVD arrived at the public library. We can walk and pick that up another day.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not sure if it is the weather or what but I crashed hard today, around noon, I just crashed and was so tired.

I finished my work day. The rain stopped so I could take out recycling but cleaning the bathroom is not happening, will have to get that done over the weekend. I also got everything for the pantry moved downstairs but will have to do a pantry tidy this weekend.

Dinner is Chicken Tetrazzini, we used to have this all the time when I was growing up but we do not have it as often anymore. The other day Mom cleaned out the freezer in the Kitchen and found two packages of cooked chicken that came off whole chickens we made at some points. So we are using these two packages to make tonight's dinner.

I think I have our meal plan done for the week, already have an idea of which meals I want to make over the weekend now I just need to plan my ingredient and meal prep for the week. I will also make my around the house to-do-list. I think there are going to be a lot of little things to get done. I have to be honest the nice weather this week has me 100% ready for spring cleaning. We shall see where the weekend takes me.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -i feel the same i think it is changing to day light saving time .I am so drained ,i have a lot on my mind and have been babysitting a fair amount.

Just lazed around today as hubby and i went to a funeral for 2.00 took us a whole 50 minutes within our city to get there as there was a major accident on our linc ,so it imobilizes the whole mountain .

My neighbours mother passed away 95 she was .I got news last night my dear brother is worse and will need hospice care ,so a teary eyed night it was.I really thought he may have came thru this,but too many underlying health problems.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter just called ,she is at a wellness retreat just her for 3 days .Very relaxing and the days are all planned out for her ,near ottawa .

So i was asked if i could watch sebastian on sat night as both parents have other plans ,so it will keep me busy .Sebastian would love if ashlyn could sleep over as he is an only child and he loves his cousins.So my groceries can wait maybe on sat morning i may pop out for a few items .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

((HUGS)) @coupon girl
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was so chuffed at Fortinos earlier this week - they had turkey breast roasts @ 1/2 price. We got three 1.3kg roasts (and they’re not stuffed - so All meat) for $30 Had some of these about 3 months ago - roasted them all up and they are so tender.
    Then yesterday we visited my favourite paint store getting $12 off each of 3 gallons of paint. Had a coupon for Nutrience cat food - total $11, and DS bought lunch when we visited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and HermanH like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

((((HUGS)))) @coupongirl you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you sassy and flemeth for the hugs.

Off to shoppers for 20x when i spend 60 ,a lot of items on sale so that will help along with the free bread cpn .
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.... busy week... my work issue is ongoing.. i think however it is not at my end but the other endsigh.

i had oldest pop into no frills.. 2 x for a couple items.. she works 3 blocks from a good one. and can do it before o after work. nothing that was time sensitve, but saved me a trip in to big town.

spent some time helping a person with pc point stuff.
    ordered a veggie and fruit box. so only other shopping will be sdm.. bread milk ect.

plan for the day... housework, making homemade pizza later. and a bit of baking... i have angel food cake, choc chip blondies.... and maybe a bread é roll recipie... i need to play around with that...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I woke up at 4:30 this morning and my plan was to get up at 5 and get at it. I have a lot I want to get done. I laid down to stretch out my hips and oops I fell back asleep and woke up at 7.

Since I was working from home yesterday, I washed my sheets, put my new pillow top mattress cover on and my new pillow. I am not sure about the pillow top mattress cover, I let it sit out to fluff but it did not fluff much and I woke up with back pain. With that being said I have been suffering with back and hip pain for a couple weeks so not sure if its the pillow top or whatever else is going on.

As soon as I got downstairs I went to work, my kitchen was a disaster. Now I know most people would clean than cook but not me. I prepped everything so it could be cooking well I cleaned. So far I got the following done:
    Banana Muffins made
    Roasted off the older Asparagus & the clearance Cherry Tomatoes we got
    I was also going to roast off some fresh broccoli we have but it is holding up well so I will leave it for now
    Cooked off a package of bacon as I got tomatoes this week well shopping so we have Bacon & Tomato or Clubhouse Sandwiches. I am little disappointed, I bought some bacon locally on sale because bacon prices are INSANE but the quality is not there, thinking we will stick with the Kirkland from Costco and only buy as a treat here and there.
    Dishwasher unloaded, nothing to do back in
    Hand Dishes Done

Still got quite a bit to get done but taking a break, do not want to push my back too much. I know I have to push it a little or I won't get anything done but I don't want to over do it and tomorrow I can't do anything.

Happy Saturday

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl I am so sorry to hear about your brother.
    what a week I totally missed sample source, have somehow pulled my lower back and work was crazy. So I am still in my pjs drinking coffee.
    Today would have been my dad’s 75th birthday. DS2 and I took my mom out for lunch yesterday as the weather today was supposed to be unpredictable but so far it’s just rain.
    off to look at the flyers and see if it’s worth it to leave home.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sat, Mar 19th, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information