User Tag List

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi everyone ,my dear older brother passed away today .I am so glad my hubby and i went to see him last week .He just had too many other health problems besides the stroke .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Condolences. Nice to see that you focus on the good things, like a final opportunity to visit him.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

i am so sorry for you and your familly @coupongirl Please accept mes deepest sympathies and take care of you.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl so sorry for your family's loss ((HUGSS))
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the lovely thoughts and condolences.

Well i had a hectic week last week and felt a little run down at times(babysitting the 3 various days )visiting my brother ,going to a funeral for my neighbour's mom ,so of course i caught a cold on tuesday night (took a covid test this morning ,negative)from my grandkids ,sebastian had a bit of a cold.

Today is the mini overnight trip for hubby and i ,you had to give them 3 days to cancel .So i didnt have enough time ,my daughter chatted with me and consoled me over the phone last night ,she said go and think happy memories of my brother .Its only one day mom ,try to enjoy it a bit .

I will visit my dear sister-in-law next week when i am better .Her 2 sons are helping her now .
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hi everyone ,my dear older brother passed away today .I am so glad my hubby and i went to see him last week .He just had too many other health problems besides the stroke .
    Condolences. Happy you were able to see him recently.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you frugalbigmama,i was glad i got to see him last week also.
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh @coupon girl I am so sorry you lost your brother. I’m sending you my love and hugs. It’s wonderful that you were able to see him and spend some time together. Even though it’s hard try to enjoy or at the very least decompress on you’re mini vacay. You need to take care of yourself

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks harbie for the lovely hugs .

I will try to decompress for sure ,we plan on going to an irish pub tonight (potato/leek soup sounds good to me ) .I just had a bowl of oatmeal and i feel it was too heavy for my belly .Packing overnight bag and we will be off around 1.30.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry @coupon girl for your loss. Thankful that you did have the opportunity to see him when you did.
    You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    @coupongirl (((HUGS))) I am so sorry for you family loss. I am happy that you got to visit with him when you did. Praying for the entire family

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

ye my money get deposited today so happy
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh my goodness what a week, it has crazy busy insane, I feel like I have barely had a minute to think and compose my thoughts.

Work has been busy, we had a lot of stuff going on this week but it was also a good week. We just had a busy week and honestly it will only get busier for us.

Even outside of work I have been super busy. I am starting to see shortages in my area and grocery prices are insane and constantly changing so I have been hyper focused on stocking us up. I want my pantry fully stocked with non perishable items.

I bought a lot last week, Tuesday night after work I went to Costco and stocked up. My plan was to not shop locally this week since I bought so much last week and also went to Costco but when the flyers came out, I decided I needed to shop this week as well. After work last night I went to RCSS and also did a Wal-Mart grocery pick-up order, after a long day I was happy to not have to go into Wal-Mart. This morning I ran to No Frills for a few things.

I have started to see some shortages in my area:
    Crisco - My costco has not had Crisco since probably October of last year, My Wal-Mart does not have any either so I was able to get it at Wal-Mart closer to work but seem odd the multiple stores are out. I forgot to check at RCSS.

Romaine - Costco did not have any nor did RCSS, No Frills did have the small packages but the pricing was not good, so we skipped the Romaine

Celery - Costco did not have any, No Frills was 3.49 each, no thank you

Passata - Costco does not have any, found some at No Frills but the shelf was quite sparse. I grabbed the last 3 bottle that were $1.89, they had some other brands but they were more expensive.

I noticed when I was in Costco there are now additional Kirkland products we did not have before. My Costco now has Kirkland Cream Cheese, Sour Cream & Cottage Cheese. The Cream Cheese was cheaper than Philadelphia but the Sour Cream was more expensive than the Beartice used to be, they had not Beatrice on shelf.

Now, my house is a disaster, with work only items that needed to go into the fridge or freezer have been put away. I have bags every where to put away, I have packages to break down. It is going to be a busy weekend.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Mar 25th, 2022 at 10:22 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am home .

Thank you flemeth and skippy for the kind words .I dont think my brother is having a service ,but my sister-in-law said her son my nefew will have a celebration of life at his house at a later date .Which is fine .

Well i still have my cold but i feel better ,the morning before we left i felt awfull sore stomach .When we left at 1.30 in the afternoon i was feeling better .

We stayed at "prince of whales" on niagara on the lake ,so comfy .Thanks to our kids giveing us e- certificates we only paid half plus i ordered it on black friday so was a good price .

We shopped a few stores (some said masks please others didnt )i bought

(2) candy necklaces for the girls 2.99 as i asked them what would you like nana to bring you back from a candy store
    poop emoji candy in a tin 3.99 for sebastian
    rum and butter lifesavers 1.99 ( this is nostalgic for me as my dear dad ate them all the time ,he passed when i was 15,so it brought back memories of him)

then in another store "cool as a moose" i bought
    2 tea towels on clearance 2.99 reg 7.99 each they say on them "Life itself is the proper Binge" different (i may keep one and one for my daughter) they feel like a flour sack material from long ago really nice

Then in the butterfly gallery store
    i bought a beautifull butterfly mug for me on sale 3.50 reg 7.99 since 2 of my mugs broke last yr plus i deserve something pretty to drink my morning tea out of .

Greaves- i bought peach jam
    Serendipity store- i bought 2 lavender toilette testers reg 19.00 for 2.50 each never know what you will find in clearance.

Hubby and i ate at an irish pub down the street he had fish and chips i had a burger /baked potatoe and drinks .Back at our room i had bought 2 apple turnovers in a bakery for the evening .

So a fun afternoon and evening it was .Their beds are sooo comfortable expensivre sheets and bedding plus they give you 2 bottled water and 3 large oranges at your night stand .

Splurge of the day balzac coffee 4.69 for an americano for the evening -wowser but we didnt want to drive far to find a timmies

Now back to laundry and picking up the girls from their bus today.
    It sure was good to get away for one night ,i even wore a dress to go out with hubby .lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 25th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Busy work day for me with lots of meetings but soon the work day will be over.

DS has a hockey game tonight and we are away at a tournament this weekend (not far we can drive home each night)

Dinner tonight is Shrimp and Steak with green beans and I am thinking I will cook the odd bags of fries in the air fryer for DS. (and get them out of the freezer) Baked potato too for whoever wants one (easy to make and we have all needed to top them- butter/cheese/sour cream etc).

I will pack us lunch for tomorrow at the tournament. Nice turkey sandwich with clementines/cucumbers and blueberries on the side. I think I will boil some eggs tonight and pack some almonds too for a snack.

Kitchen is spotless at the moment. Will clean up as we go today and tonight will run the dishwasher.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information