User Tag List

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Shwa girl -thank you for the nice comment.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -good deals ,you are so right grocery shopping can be a bit of a game .

I need to get a big grocery shop done but maybe not this weekend.

My sister-in-law just told me last night they are having a service for my brother ,very small and intimate family only .So today will be hard for me .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

(((HUGS))) @coupon girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Y ou can tell your getting older when you need insoles -lol

I bought this pair of black wide 1 inch heel comfort shoes slip ons 2 xmas ago for 24.99 reg 79.99 .Havent worn them much except to doctors of dentist or avents(none the last 2 yrs )so i wore them walking around niagara on the lake for an hour and my feet were sore ,today i will put the insoles in and my they feel a bit better.

I was gonna wear a black dress but no to heels i have had a pair for 10 yrs with 2 inch or even 2 and a half pumps i wore once at my daughters wedding .Guess i will maybe sell those shoes online.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl bigs hugs to you
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

well I noticed my 24 years old stove still work great but will need a good 100% scrub cleaning.so dad or me will do that after the cleaning,need to plan my time better.At the beggining I wanted a new one but I think I will wait a little bit,money have to go somewhere else..ah it is life and it is expensive.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl thinking of you and your family today
    @cath007 sounds like you’ve been busy! I feel tired after a long clean but boy does it feel good!
    @SassyAshley I can’t even deal with the constant increases. Just simple things like the 5lb bag of apples were 4.88 a week and a half ago now they are 5.99. It’s constantly $1 here, 50c there and more. I nearly passed out when I saw diesel was 228.9 yesterday . Sad when you get excited to get it for 205.9.

So far this month I’m kinda on track for groceries. I have like $110 left to get to the end of the month. I think I can do it. Looks like I’ll only need almost milk, non dairy creamer and a couple of onions, garlic and some potatoes if I want to go crazy.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl laughed at the insole and age thing. I’ve never needed them but since I’d started running and the subsequent foot injury I’ve needed them. Unfortunately mine cost big $$$ ($50 something!) but then again I put them through a lot and they are a game changer for me but the price……

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie WOW on the diesel price. My car does not take diesel but I look at the price last time I filled up and it was $199.9 here.

On the note of gas, I was working in the location our AP works out of and she was going through gas receipts and said "Oh wow this person got gas for $1.61, that is a good price" which is sad. But I followed up with "It was $1.63, when I filled up last night"

Gas is insane right now and like groceries the swing in prices. Here from day to day the swing in pricing is hard to keep track of, you never know if you are getting "a good price" or if tomorrow will be "better?"
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupongirl - hugs

yes .. i think groceries are a game. sigh.. how low can we go ..

i made my mom a batch of pizza dough. brought it over with some eggs . she is happy.

picked up the few groceries i needed. i had loaded bonus points for tp ect from https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/...-V-PbNL9plU6N8

so i took advantage of a few extra points. next week is my rcss order. it really shouldnt be big at all.

rest of the day will be laundry, housework. my course. maybe a movie later.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks cath007,harbie and giseledta for the nice thoughts.

My brother that is 74 and partially blind and his wife came down from london,ontario to the funeral home their 25 yr old granddaughter brought them down (so nice of her).
    I offered for them to stay the night but their granddaughter had to work tonight.

It was hard i held my older brothers hand and he was trembling.

Then we went back to my nefews for coffee,tea or a drink and baked goodies .

So home at 4.30 and just having my tea leftover pizza and relaxing .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Overal it was a good day .it is cloundy and only 4 degres now.I feel like cleaning is causing me a lot of anxiety and headache.The more I do the more I notice need to be done.It is like that.

Today I did wash the bedding of my father,will wash mine too next week,folded some laundry( yeah a lots and lots of socks) put the garbage ,recycle and compost in the appropriate bins.Floors are almost all washed in the living room and kitchen.I barrely slept 3 hours last night because of insomnia so I took a 2 hours nap after my errands this late morning.Altrought I do lists in my head,my head is spinning.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not found the news tears pads I wanted last week9espiecially the new tp becel margarine 1$ the oikos 1,50$ wub 2 and the 2$ nescafe good on any green one) so I will kept checking tomorrow.
    Noticed my lack of space in the kitchen counters..grr so decluttering is on the menu after my post or earlier morning tomorrow.I dont want that but with the remaining cleaning in the kitchen,bed,spare bedroom and kitchen it will take a lot more than 1 week end to accomplish it.....So not good to combine with life project.

Noticed we need to remove one furniture to give access to my father to his wardrobe and noticed he will need more clothes certainly more shirts and he is not a guy who like to shop and with restrictions on trying clothes in stores it is so difficult for him..will have to face him that...grrr

My 2 cats need a good brush with spring too.Stella have long hairs and eve medium but they lost some.
    bath will need to be scrubed too
    Decluttered the bathroom and laundry basket again
    tomorrow it is grocery day,need to make my list,wash the dishes,laundry and continue cleaning

alright I think I have a plan

Have a good evening and night !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 26th, 2022 at 06:34 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , I 100% know how you feel, sometimes I feel this is the story of my life, get 1 thing done and see 5 more than need doing.

I know this is not the answer for everyone but one thing I have started to try to do (it is still a work in process) is be content/happy with what I did get done.

For example today, I wanted to get all of the bulk purchases broken down, sucker sealed, or packaged, reorganize the pantry to fit my new purchases, clean the bathroom and get the bathroom stuff I put away and if time do a chest freezer tidy.

I got all of my bulk purchases broken down, sucker sealed and packaged, the rest did not get done. A huge part of me wants to be disappointed I did not get the other things done. But, instead I am going to be happy that all the purchases are broken down and tomorrow everything can be put in it's permanent home. Most of the freezer stuff is in the chest freezer, freezing flat and can be moved to the stand up tomorrow. Pantry items are sucker sealed and in the basement waiting to be moved to there new homes and the bread and buns are packaged to go in the chest freezer once the meat items are moved to the stand up freezer.

I am not going to lie, not all days are easy and some days all I can focus on is what I did not get done, that is me and just how my brain seems to work. But I also see this is what causes me to spin and stress out because I felt I could never keep on top of things. But you know what life happens, I do the best I can and go from there, will there be bad days, yes but there are also good days and days I see what I got done and am happy to sit down and relax even though there is more to be done.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We only run our dishwasher every 2 to 3 days, but every Saturday morning, it needs to be emptied. So I started my day by emptying the dishwasher, reloading the dishwasher and doing a few hand dishes.

I broke down the shredded chicken I made yesterday in the Instant Pot, I got 6 bags for future meals.
    I broke down the 3-pack of hot dogs into meal size servings
    I broke down the big bag of Pepperoni into meal size portions, for $10 I got over 10 packages so less then a $1 per meal
    I broke down the 4 bags of Sugar I got from Wal-Mart plus the 2 large bags I got from Costco, we should be stocked up for awhile now

We had one older bag of Sugar in the basement that even though it was in a sucker seal bag and stored in a plastic tote, moisture got in during the flood last year and it was rock hard. I took a meat mallet to the bag an then put it through a strainer. We will use this first and then move onto the new bags. If I had any frustrations they are now gone from using the meat mallet on the sugar LOL.

Then I added a paper towel to the bags of Bread, 2 x White and 2 x Whole Wheat (Mom put the third whole wheat in the freezer up in the kitchen before I put the paper towel in) and Buns, 2 x Hot DogBuns & 2 x Hamburger Bungs. Paper towel is the key to freezing breads and buns.

I did tidy up the Stand Up freezer a little bit to get the Hot Dogs and Pepperoni in (they do not need to lay flat to freeze) and found 2 packages of Hamburgers in the Fruit and Veggie section of the freezer. I still need to defrost this freezer but right now it is more of a long term goal right now, we shall see. Originally I wanted to defrost the freezer this weekend but that before I did all this shopping.

Now I am off to Pinterest to decide what I am going to make tomorrow for baked goods and finish off a meal plan for the week.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information