User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was torn this morning, Costco has a pan on sale I want but it is only on sale for the weekend. Part of me wanting to get up this morning and go get the pan but I also know me and knew by the time I got home it would be lunch time and very little would get done once I got home.

Instead I enjoyed a cup of tea, watched some of my shows on PVR.

Then I did it, I have been putting it off for weeks but I tidied up my Chest Freezer. I got everything that should be in the chest freezer but was in the Stand Up freezer into the chest freezer. The chest freezer is now stuffed full. I did have a little bit of food waste:
    Half a loaf of Rye bread got moved to the stand up and is freezer burnt
    4 Plain Bagels and 4 Everything Bagels, I cannot remember the last time I bought bagels they were also moved to the stand up at some point
    **Bread products can never go in our stand up, even with paper towel they end up freezer burnt
    6 Large Tortillas, I tried freezing these years ago but they were in the freezer too long, I tried using 2 and they just fell apart

Honestly, I would prefer no food waste but this is good, it has been worse so we are getting on top of everything and I now know everything in the chest freezer and what we need to use up. Mainly there are just some veggies I need to use up, I think at some point that freezer defrosted during the flood but restarted thankfully but I have some broccoli that is a little frosty. I am think either a soup or something in the slow cooker is my best bet to use it up.

I can honestly say when it comes to Breads, Buns, Fruits and Veggies we are stocked up when it comes to frozen. We also have a fair amount of butter but I won't to commit to not buying more. Yes, I might be a little obsessed with Butter but the prices are so insane.

Made some room in the stand up freezer as I moved things around, it really needs to be defrosted but not today. Both freezers in one day is a bit too much for me. I am considering more Chicken, I am hearing buzz of a shortage due to the swine flu so really tempted to buy more.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It looks like a new mattress is in our future. I believe that’s the issue with my back. I wake up in excruciating pain and within half an hour I am 80% recovered and in an hour it’s fine. I am not looking forward to this, it’s been a long time since we bought a new mattress.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-hope you get some relief for your foot.

lilo -our mattress is 8 yrs old and pretty good we paid i think 750.00 queen size at parks furniture.
    But i tell you my son at xmas just bought and "endy" king bed and when we slept over ohhhh so comfy (it forms to your body)

Feeling a bit better each day ,but had oatmeal this morning and i am having stomach cramps ,maybe not the best food when not feeling well.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Apr 3rd, 2022 at 11:24 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

good news the nail will not be removed...bad news 3 months of pills and it is expensive
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Cath007 .. glad it was taken care of .

ok.. so pt job tonight. always nice
    ordered a couple things off of amazon. love using sb $ for that.
    working on dc crafts and plan for the week currently. then will finish the bedroom.. and muddle through my plan for the week... i really need a productive one.

goal is to finish ... is it ever really done... the laundry...
    lol
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-so glad you got it looked at .Sorry about the expense .

I just called gap to ask about a top i ordered on backorder and i asked for an adjustment on the socks i got my son end of march .19 adjustment .She said do you really want to adjust the socks ,yes i may as well i called to inquire about another item .lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 happy you will have treatment for your foot hope you are not in too much pain

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I put an web inquiry for 5000 pc points because I did scan my card on my trasaction at maxi and cie and the card dont appear so I did not get my points for a in store flyer points offer of sensodyne..so frustrating

edit; I got my points that was fast!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Apr 3rd, 2022 at 11:40 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday!!

Picked up the dog from my sisters this morning and headed home. Unpacked weekend away bags. Cleaned the kitchen (it was left a mess from Thursday/Friday)
    Put a load of laundry in the washer and hung it to dry. Cleaned one bathroom completely. Put out garbage and recycling

After my chores popped out for some fresh groceries. Did well and didn't spend too much and we will eat well (healthy).

Dinner tonight is leftovers from last nights dinner Heat and eat!

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yep another week begin shortly i am so behind....will try to do my best and remembering easter long week end is not to far away ...!!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not tackle anymore big projects today, my back is not happy but did get a few more little things done.

Cleaned up in front of our pantry in our kitchen, this is 100% a dumping ground for us. We do not have a ton of pantry space but we do have some but it is always full. This leads to the struggle that when we buy new things we want to keep upstairs we have no where to put them, so they end up living in a pile in front of the pantry. This mixed with what I brought up from the basement yesterday and today, needed to be tidied up.
    Folded all of the reusable bags, threw one out, it had a hole
    Sorted all of my receipts
    Gathered all of the garbage, mostly packaging from the basement when I put things away in the pantry
    Everything has been put away except for some Tortillas I need to take down the basement
    Then I took out the garbage

I made a Triple Berry Ricotta Cake, I wanted to use up my open tub of Ricotta, it did not work, I still have some left. Will have to make some Lemon Ricotta Muffins later in the week. But I did use up the last of an open bag of Triple Berries from the freezer, happy to have that gone.

Had some lemons that needed to be used so I juiced them and put the juice in the fridge. The skin was not good or I would have zested them as well.

Dinner was Baked Lemon Chicken, new recipe it was good. I was quite impressed with the flavour, you do not marinate the chicken but it tasted like it had been marinated. On the side we made the last of the asparagus, now wishing I had of bought more, oh well. Then I made rice and saute mushrooms, onions & peppers to server with the rice. We have extra of both the rice and veggies which I plan to serve with a slow cooker meal later in the week.

Still need to clean the Kitchen Floor and clean the Bathroom but that will happen this week, I am done for today. Time to relax
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s going to take me a while to finish getting set up, but I’m starting my seeds in the bay window above our kitchen sink. We have one glow light above that East facing window too. It’s been years since I started my own seedlings.

Tonight’s supper is marinated pork chunks, rice, sliced cucumber, and mixed veggies.
    I’m struggling with meal planning.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Substitute teaching is hard. In my local school division someone (teacher or admin depending on the school) contacts whichever teacher they prefer…there is no seniority to anything in teaching in my province. It is frustrating when people text multiple people before waiting for a reply. Three weeks ago all of my sub days were last minute morning calls and a commute. Last week I was typically booked the evening before to drive out of town and teach, but also received a morning call from a local school that wanted me to sub for the day…I stick to my word and teach for whoever books me for a full teaching day first. This morning I received a text message to teach for today, but quickly learned that I was not the first person she texted this morning, so another person got the job. So here I am, waiting for a phone call to work and pay my bills. Teachers in Sk get paid once a month.

edit: I showered last night and packed most of my lunch/breakfast so that I’d be prepared for last minute calls.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 4th, 2022 at 09:36 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

sounds like you are ready Angela. BTW yesterday I was looking at economical meals on youtube-one lady was making homemade beans and cornbread, another was making pasta bake and also tater tot casserole. Anyway you might find some ideas if you scroll around, I also watched somebody cooking in Japan-the lady there made many main dishes but the first one had veggies, crab and corn in a soup-looked really good to me but not something I ever would have thought of making.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 that sounds super frustrating

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information