User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am not sure if @lilo003 or @Ciel21 would start the thread so I took a chance.Hope it is okaie
    March,more light ,spring break and spring coming,any plans?
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Feb 28th, 2022 at 04:56 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @cath007 for starting the new thread

My plan will be to start some seeds indoor. Also trying to be more frugal and save for a vacation when things are better and I am comfortable to travel.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks cath007 for starting the March thread ....it just has to be an improvement over February.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks cath for starting the new thread.

Our plans are for one night away in niagara on the lake -i bought it on black friday so way cheaper plus the kids gave us an e voucher for our 40th anniversary 2 yrs ago.March 24 week night ,they have an indoor pool ,we may eat at a local italian restarant and walk around the small shops -low key for hubby and i .

You will never believe what i found 2 pairs of ladies socks for $1.50 size 4-10 which i need as i am a size 9 at dollarama and they fit and are not too tight at the top -i will go back and get the other 2 prs hanging .So happy about this little thing .I easily spend $30-50 at dollarama nowadays,bought a few easter gifts for grandkids at dollarama.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Feb 28th, 2022 at 10:34 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks for starting March @cath007 .

Hoping not to have all these Covid client cancellations this month . If that works out then I’m cruising this month and majorly on track for the next month when Dh and I are headed out of town som8 can visit my hairdresser. Yes I said hairdresser. He moved and I can’t trust anyone else so we are head up to see him next month so I need the month of March to be kind to me.

Dh and I had our weekly fiscally meeting and it went great. Only a slight modification to our spending and then we are back on track 100%.

I’m hoping to get my final dental work approval and hopefully done this month but im not holding my breath with the insurance company .

Hope everyone has a great day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This actually happened last week, but I'll throw it here. On Wednesday, I walked to my local Walmart and found it closed and surrounded by fencing, without any explanation. They finally partially re-opened Sunday afternoon for groceries only. Today, I chatted with a worker who told me that the closure was due to a fire. According to him, a woman was trying to steal groceries and lit fires in the garden centre and clothing area to hide her escape under the cover of the sprinklers. They have her on video, but the ubiquitous blue mask is going to make her difficult to identify.

$15 million in damage. It gets worse. Apparently, she also started four fires in Southgate shopping centre for the same reason. Supposedly, those fires were caught early enough and fire extinguishers were sufficient to douse the flames. My Walmart acquaintance told me that the last time a similar act happened in Vancouver, the woman was caught and received a 25-yr sentence. (I don't know if the length of the sentence is true or accurate; it seems excessive.)
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you @Flemth & @cath007

I did not get a chance to post last night, I am still spinning but I am trying to take it one step at a time. The real struggle right now is I need to just sit down and focus and knock things out. Imagine those old typewriters and those videos were papers were flying out, that is what I need. But because my anxiety is so high and I am spinning, I cannot focus. It is a huge catch 22.

I am trying my best which is all I can do to push through and not shut down.

I am supposed to be going on a Girl's day but I am not sure, it just feels like taking a day off right now is the worst idea but it has been so long since I even just seen my family outside of Mom. Still struggling with this one, one girl has offered to drive me so I can work on the drive if I need to and they are also taking their laptop just in case so if I need to take mine, I won't be the only one bringing one.

Time to figure out what needs to be done today and go from there.

Happy Tuesday Everyone (I totally wanted to say Wednesday)
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

***New Kellogg's coupons available***
    $2 off Rice Krispies, Vector, Special K, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Kashi
    $1 off Pop Tarts

Print or mail now!!🏃<

https://kelloggs.websaver.ca/en/kelloggsshopandsave/exclusive_coupons?0=
    and see laurabelle81 incredible brag in the brag section,wowsers I am in aww

I just ordered mine 2 sets per account will reorder in 14 day so march 15!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Mar 1st, 2022 at 10:33 AM.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good bye February!! Hello March!

Made coffee and an omelette for breakfast. Clean kitchen. Toss load of laundry in washer. Put away hanging clean laundry. Hang laundry to dry from the washer.
    That is the plan...in between work!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Of course the time I pop in is when my power is just about gone! Better some than none.
    FYI friends I am also having difficulties with the “like” button so don’t worry!
    Reality check is Ukraine which puts life into perspective. My “problems “ are squat.
    Yet we did a shop on the weekend for a few things and I couldn’t believe the price hikes(10% plus) on non-dairy stuff!
    Need to go as power now really low. Take care of yourselves my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes hubby finally installed my dishwasher was a 2 day job as he cant rush anymore (i tiold him to take breaks ).I ran a small cycle to see if he had any leaks ,nope then finished securing it .

I am feeling better rubbing dr.watkins menthol rub at night (i swear it is better than vicks)and resting .May go to rexalls if my pills are ready.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    Currently snowing and -4 degres.
    I watched the new flyers but again very few things we need in sale compared to what we need not in sale so grr..will have to face that and make choices,qc flyers are not so great those time for bargains and deals with meat veggies and fruits...

Keeped my bills to see my average on grocery shopping.

I went to bulk barn( I miss their coupons in flyer ) for a few things and yes found the little bee ceramic shaped thing for the brown sugar not get hard..I learned that the 10% off for students and senior was tomorrow ..grr

Went after to other maxi and cie to buy cat litter for eve and stella (no name bog boxes and they rise the price a little bit over than 10$ now cannot afford the others ones at 21$ for same thing) and only 4 box left on the shelves comparated to the other maxi empty shelves dunno why,....maybe a lockdown and big bag of friskies cat dry food(more advantageous with 2 cats)..I did not have time to writhe to purina so no coupons. hitted cleared tear pads again on everything grr

After and finally went to a thrift store(vestiaire ) I only found 1 cardigan for spring and fall for 3$(georges plus) better than nothing ! I guess because i did not found nothing at value village village...my rant: plus sizes are so hard to shop. and find..

Dinner will be dijonnaise chicken strips ,with a garden or ceasar salad and patatoes salad cannot wait!

Have a beautiful rest of the evening and night !!!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a rough financial stretch. Vehicle was back in the shop for more expensive repairs. My wedding rings also got repaired, they look great now. Some of our kids’ dental appointments require followups, but the clinic is busy and can’t get them in any time soon.

I taught a total of 7 days in February, keep in mind there was no school last week. I currently have no teaching days booked in March.

Today is 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys. I found the following sausages on clearance. I bought for myself and another family.

$0.99 extra lean kolbassa 250g - 10% = $0.90 each (best by today)
    $0.99 regular kolbassa 250g - 10% = $0.90 each (best by March 8)
    $3 Schneiders summer sausage 225g - 10% = $2.70 each (best by March 4)

It was my first time trying the Schneiders summer sausage and it is absolutely delicious.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to rexall to get my pills today and hit seniors day -love it
    a few good deals
    (2) ladies degree deodorant 2/5.00-1,000 personal points =4.00 for both
    m&m candy 4.79-2.00 managers sticker =2.79
    prana nuts 5.19 after discount
    large bag of werthers 2.79 after manager sticker
    2 aplle be well body wash 2.49-1.00 sticker=1.49
    plus a few other items

got 10,000 points for spending $25 or more in total 11,490

plus i said senior and she had to redo my order ,she then said you dont look like a senior -so that made my day .

Cooked a nice small ham /roasted potatoes corn ,then ran my nice new dish washer -so much quieter than the old one (which is a good thing as our t.v family room is across from the kitchen ).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Having a imposter syndrome kinda day. i am hoping tomorrow is a bit better... fingers crossed.

way way to much crazy in the world.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information