User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My internet went down this morning for about 15 minutes, kind of annoying but took advantages of the time to go through my to-do-list for work. It has been just over a month since I wrote a to-do-list for work. My last one was done on for the week of April 4th. There are a few bigger projects I am still working on and some I have not gotten to from my original list. Plus I started a new list, trying to keep it as realistic as I can for myself. e

Now that the work day is done it is time to go over the home to-do-list, see what I cross out, what needs to be added and go from there.

I am seriously considering added another project to my home reno list. I still have about half of my original budget left so there is some $$$ to work with but I have a feeling in the end I may come up a little bit short. We want to build a custom workstation in our dining room since we do not use out dining room table, the workstation more fits our lifestyle. I have the $$$$ for the work station supplies but not sure in my original budget I have the $$$ for the new chairs. Plus I am thinking we might need more paint for the hallway.

I feel like we should jump in and do it, it makes sense but spending the $$$ is making me a little panicky. I am the girl who always comes in budget never over budget. It was hard enough for me to commit to the renos to start with just because I am always so afraid to spend money. This truly 100% comes from growing up and always worrying we will come up short. I am a much better saver than spender, buyers remorse it very real.

For now we need to focus on what we have on the go and go from there because right now I cannot bring anymore furniture to be built into this house, there is no where to store it. I am getting ahead of myself here.
    harbie likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie thank you for posting the collagen supplement! Do you know if they are big (what I call horse pills)? or capsules? I will definitely try this for hip pain.
    Honestly I don’t know the size. I’ll ask my dad in the morning

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Harbie,you not meddling into my business at all -i appreciate the input .
    Ok, I just hate when sometimes you have a problem and it can sometimes bring out all the “Dr.’s” I’m sure you have tried almost everything to get rid of the pain. Hope you can find something that works for you

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Got our tax refund and paid the CC and this weeks bills.

We filled up diesel this morning at 214.9 which is ridiculous but better than the 239.9 some places were charging. Gas is currently 206.9-209.9

We hit up CT for some supplies for work and then the dreaded Costco! Needed more work supplies and on,y purchased the odds and sods that we needed except for tofu as they are once again out of stock. $40 something for work supplies and $60for food and H&B so not bad. I mean how often do people leave Costco spending only about $100?

Gearing up for another long work week so I’m off tomorrow to offset longer days later. 99% of the laundry is done so tomorrow will be vacuuming/dusting including the blinds and washing the floors. Aww nuts, I also have to clean the shower! Oh well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I mean how often do people leave Costco spending only about $100?
    I must be the outlier who only goes in for the occasional $8 roast chicken.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to costco yesterday with my son i only spent 30.39,got a few items .Milk was cheap i must say .
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just put an order in to the gap ,got myself a nice pair of flare pants (i love the flare)but they are on back order til sept 7 (wow ) hope i like the top from old navy ,i am finding no luck in t-shirts this yr .I also am not going to thrift stores as much ,still trying to avoid certain stores with many people, still wear my mask .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks like I won’t be teaching today. I taught the last 8 days in a row. Before that I had a two week stretch with no teaching days (including no calls, Easter break, and the bug blizzard shutting down the school division).
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Loving the sunshine!!

Checked out the upcoming sale flyers posted here. Very small shop for me next week at No Frills.
    $1.99 clementines x 3
    .64 Cucumbers x 4 (Pming Walmart)
    $1.99 2 pk romaine hearts x 2
    2.99 Royal Tissue x 3 and then use $5 coupon!!
    I'm pretty sure that's all I will buy and won't go till Sunday or Monday. We have enough fresh stuff to pack our lunches all week (and I put 3 loaves of no sugar added bread in the freezer yesterday!)
    Will be able to move my grocery $ forward on payday Friday! It is building nicely (so it's there when needed!)

Have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 11th, 2022 at 10:28 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got my knees xrayed today ,my doctor will get the results in 3 days .

Then popped into sobeys as it was across the street ,got grapes 1.99 a pound ,a few watermelon slices .yogurt close to expiry date 2.74 after cpn .I also got stash xmas tea 4.49-50%=2.24 thought it would be nice to try.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my maxi and cie is such a hassle now they refuse coupons in english...I complained to an email to head office...I am french but yes we talk french and english in QC...ridiculous...if this is true they will lost my business soon..because all my coupons are in english due to trading and I dont find coupons here in QC always cleared tears pad....no way to save at maxi..that is not true
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath- that is not fair about the cpns.

I am in so much pain with my right knee today -uggggg.Hubby is helping out with laundry and he went and got gas and picked my free pictures up from walmart .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @coupongirl hope you feel better and find some relief on your knees

@cath007 the new coupon policy that the stores you shop at has in place sounds unfair to me fingers crossed it doesn’t last long
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was helping in a branch yesterday but the good news is two of our open positions will be filled on Monday so now I will move from covering to training. This is good news as it actually gives me more time. Now I will train someone for 2 to 3 a day vs working the position for 8 to 10 hours a day and allows me to work with multiple people in a day. I am excited.

My sleep is so up and down right now, Sunday night amazing sleep, Monday night nope, last night amazing, it is making for rough mornings. I do not want to get up.

I was going to go to RCSS after work last night but I was running late getting out of the house and forgot to take a cooler and it was a little too warm to bring dairy products home. But, I did need to get gas on my way home last night so I ran into Sobey's and grabbed 2 bags of milk $4.96, one for now, one for the freezer. Mom needed Coffee Creamer surprising Starbucks was the cheapest option, it was on sale for $4.69 vs the International Delight was $4.99 and half the size. It is not something we will continue to buy, I will watch for International Delight sales but it is a nice treat for her, she loves her Starbucks but it is not something she gets often.

I took a quick look at the upcoming flyers, will write my list tonight after work. Looks like there are a few deals I want to take advantage of. Plus I might run out today and grab a few of this week's sales.

Last night Mom made Wings for her and BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for me with Potato Wedges in Air Fryer.

Tonight is a mystery thinking maybe some sort of Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes as I have some I need to use up.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

My sister heard through the grape vine that our Aunt had passed on the weekend. We were hoping it was just a rumour but our mom received the phone call yesterday She had her children young so when my sister and I were born she was a big help (my mom was a nurse so crazy work schedule)
    I dragged that poor women on roller coasters at Wonderland as a kid!!! What a good sport Will be a sad funeral for sure next week

I am craving homemade mac and cheese so I am going to make one this morning (have it coming out of the oven in time for lunch)
    DS will be happy to come home from school to it.

Today's plan- Work- Clean kitchen after I pop mac and cheese in the oven. Bring all dirty laundry to the laundry room and sort it.
    Bring sock basket to laundry room and gather all the socks and make pairs. Pick 5 items to post for sale. Go for a walk.
    If I do all that I will be happy with my day. Low expectations

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information