User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@lizzie bargain pneumonia is sneaky. I have heard of several people so sick and it’s takes a trip to the ER to realize what it is, feel better soon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I walked 5 km today ,I went to my appointement for the losing weight program in group...so deceived it was only today..now to see a nutritionnist and a kenesiologist individually It will take time,i am on a waiting list... a 2h really well spended...the kinesiologist who animated the conference was very nice,only a few people and we got plenty informative papers and informatives web clips at least...but deceiving it is not a group follow up each week,...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, May 11th, 2022 at 09:23 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @walkonby about 12 yr ago we had what came to be known as the year of the dead appliance. I one year I bought a fridge as stove a dishwasher and then a dryer. The fridge and dishwasher are long gone as we renovated the kitchen but the stove and dryer are still going.
    save your PCO if you have any worth saving.
    You said it @lilo0003 ! Four appliances?! Ouch to your pocket book and patience. All of this seems to bring validation to that phrase " it's always something ! ". We've said it flippantly at times when a roof leaks or shingles get blown away, or when one of our fur-babies required unexpected vet services.
    But at this point it's not funny and I'm starting to suspect manufacturers are making things that DON'T last on purpose!
    ( that was sarcasm, I accept that they do )
    No one enjoys unboxing a new item for the home more than me ( Queen of the small appliances here ) but these big items bite you hard in the backside!

Name:  buying new appliances are like a bite in the backside.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  15.6 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!

Hot sunny day here today! I need a shower before I go out for a walk!

Enjoying my coffee and just had 2 eggs and rye toast for breakfast.

This is the time of year my annual bill comes in for house and car insurance. Received house insurance and surprisingly it went down a bit. Was totally expecting a large jump. Hope its the same deal for car insurance! Yeah for PC Points lol. the only good thing about paying a big bill with credit card
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@frugalmama I so sorry for the loss of your aunt
    @lizzie bargain so glad you found what was wrong and that it wasn’t Covid. Rest, rest, rest

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    My schedule for this week got a little messed up and I found out late yesterday next week might get a little messed up as well so I decided it was best to get our grocery shopping out of the way.

I picked up the following:
    2 x Green Onions $0.88 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Mangos $0.99
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4.00
    1 x Blueberries $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Apples 6-lbs $5.00 + 100 pts/$
    4 x Cucumbers $0.64 (PM Wal-Mart) + 100 pts/$
    1 x Garlic 3-Count $0.87
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Carrots 5lbs $3.50
    6 x Tortillas Whole Wheat $1.75 Wub 2 or More
    *They did not have any White, will have to check later in the week as I need more white
    1 x Kraft Ranch Dressing $2.47 (PM Wal-Mart)
    1 x Shreddies Family Size $2.99 (PM Food Basics)
    4 x Vanilla Yogurt $1.97 (PM Food Basics) + 800 pts/$4
    4 x Frozen Spinach $1
    2 x Perogies $2
    2 x Breyer Ice Cream $2.99 (PM Zehrs) + 400 pts/$3

I got everything on my list except the White Tortillas, they were stocking the shelves in all departments well I was there and I did loop back but they were not sure if they had more. I also wanted to price match Olive Oil to Wal-Mart but they only had 3 bottles and the oil looked cloudy so I passed. I might see if Mom needs anything from Wal-Mart and if she does I might place a pick-up order that one of us could grab.

I also had the laugh, the 454g packs of Mushrooms are part of the buy 4 get 4000 pts but their price was $3.99/pack vs the Naturally Imperfect were $4 for a 680g pack.

I did notice as I went down some aisle just in general there were a lot of bare spots and the store manager was scanning all the tags, my guess was to see if they had some in the back to bring out.

My fridge is now bursting at the seams we are stocked up which is good as I am hoping to ingredient and meal prep this weekend as I have a feeling next week may be very busy for me. So I will try to plan simple meals and have stuff ready if Mom is in pain and cannot stand for long periods of time if there are days I am busy when we need to make dinner.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupongirl have you tried CBD oil?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Got our tax refund and paid the CC and this weeks bills.

We filled up diesel this morning at 214.9 which is ridiculous but better than the 239.9 some places were charging. Gas is currently 206.9-209.9

We hit up CT for some supplies for work and then the dreaded Costco! Needed more work supplies and on,y purchased the odds and sods that we needed except for tofu as they are once again out of stock. $40 something for work supplies and $60for food and H&B so not bad. I mean how often do people leave Costco spending only about $100?

Gearing up for another long work week so I’m off tomorrow to offset longer days later. 99% of the laundry is done so tomorrow will be vacuuming/dusting including the blinds and washing the floors. Aww nuts, I also have to clean the shower! Oh well.
    @harbie I have been known to just buy bananas at Costco, to the surprise of the exit employees checking my bill (oh and the $1.50 hotdog and pop combo too)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just put an order in to the gap ,got myself a nice pair of flare pants (i love the flare)but they are on back order til sept 7 (wow ) hope i like the top from old navy ,i am finding no luck in t-shirts this yr .I also am not going to thrift stores as much ,still trying to avoid certain stores with many people, still wear my mask .
    @coupongirl Giant Tiger has really nice t-shirts for around the $8 price. I bought several last year and they are good quality. Also the men's ankle socks (CCM) three pack is $3.50 - I find they last longer than the ladies socks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I must be the outlier who only goes in for the occasional $8 roast chicken.
    I do that too! When I'm with my friend, she will spend $250 and I will walk out spending $5-$10 at times.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I got my knees xrayed today ,my doctor will get the results in 3 days .

Then popped into sobeys as it was across the street ,got grapes 1.99 a pound ,a few watermelon slices .yogurt close to expiry date 2.74 after cpn .I also got stash xmas tea 4.49-50%=2.24 thought it would be nice to try.
    @coupongirl I hope its not bone on bone. My mother had that, wore a brace and was so happy with her knee replacement. She said after the surgery that the pain was gone.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, May 12th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    my maxi and cie is such a hassle now they refuse coupons in english...I complained to an email to head office...I am french but yes we talk french and english in QC...ridiculous...if this is true they will lost my business soon..because all my coupons are in english due to trading and I dont find coupons here in QC always cleared tears pad....no way to save at maxi..that is not true
    @cath007 I believe this is because of the strict French language laws in Quebec. My friend who worked for the government got in trouble for posting an English sign. Apparently stores can be fined for having English material. Crazy but true.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The frugal thread seems like the best place to rant about appliances that run out their life too soon.
    Sunday night it was the electric dryer. Sears Kenmore item, so we knew we were screwed even IF I could find the papers.
    Extended warranty is likely long passed the BB date by now. Sears themselves are but a memory now.

The CAS delivery guys just left taking the old dead dryer and positioned the new Whirlpool one down in the laundry room.
    My great luck is that I had the same 2 guys who delivered our new fridge here not so long ago! The 1 fellow mentioned it saying ...." I brought that fridge in here. " lol.
    I told them this was why I went with the same Company again. Great service gets you repeat business.

I'm NOT happy things keep breaking down, but traveling to the laundromat is not something I relish either.
    DH and I should play a game and make a bet on what appliance is going to need replacing next?
    I saved paying the " installation fee" on the dryer, after all it's just a plug in a wall and the hose ( duct? ) thingy that DH can connect himself.
    This was a mild rant I suppose.
    @walkonby I still have my Kenmore washing and dryer and I dread the day they break down. They were purchased in the 1990's and still work. Just a minor repair on the washing machine recently related to the safety feature.

What brand did you replace with?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

If someone is interested I putted 3x20$ similac cheque good on any for trade...they are in english and have my name on it...dont know why I received those today...please just bilingual coupons in return
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie I have been known to just buy bananas at Costco, to the surprise of the exit employees checking my bill (oh and the $1.50 hotdog and pop combo too)

I used to walk out most times with $4.99 for romaine lettuce when our pup ate it by the boat loads but now that I can’t really find coupons for stuff we now eat (vegan), my PC points are not really giving me offers for ani buy except the week after I’ve stocked up we’ve shopped more at Costco plus I love the clothing section and the garden centre

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information